CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Seems like you got out.

For real though where you been? If you end up getting it let us know what you think. You're just about the only person who could convince me to give it a try.

Noobin it up on Destiny with IRL buddies. Halo 5 is the most objectively good matchmade halo at launch yet somehow the least fun. Go figure.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Let's be clear here, competitive Halo has never had a snowballing problem. Ever, in fact. That's never been the issue, the issue is that from 2004 onward competitive Halo has never been anywhere near as good as it could (or ought to) be. 

What is a problem, however, is people essentially saying: 

c4jt321.png

Except it really isn't that bad.  Spawning into a game with a pistol against someone with a DMR is far from a hopeless situation.

So working with what he have, what do you propose?  Remove all rifles from the map?

You remind me of the people I used to play hockey with at pickup games that would get mad at me for going all out, meaning, I was younger, they were older, I was more in shape than they were...so I was skating harder, faster, reacting faster, being more physical, stealing the puck away from them super easily...and they would yell at me "this isn't the stanley cup man, relax."

I'm sorry, but I'm a competitive person, and I'm playing well within the rules of the game. To tell someone to calm down or relax...is defeating the entire purpose of the game in the first place.

You want to play touch-football...go somewhere else.

Maybe from their perspective you were coming off like the guy in the video below. Meh, I don't know, but I can see both sides of the issue. At the end of the day though, we need a real social playlist and not just a hidden ranked playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ht0qiuDMiY

Except it really isn't that bad.  Spawning into a game with a pistol against someone with a DMR is far from a hopeless situation.

So working with what he have, what do you propose?  Remove all rifles from the map?

I'm not really interested in polishing a turd for the fifth time in a row, to be honest. In fact, I'm absolutely sick of it. 

Yo @@Infinity can I get in on that Beyond spartan company? I just requested to join. I stopped playing and then got kicked, now I'm playing again. This game is sick.

You're in. Be active.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Literally all we need is a 4 shot pistol. I hate the redundant weapons, but a 4sk pistol can virtually eliminate any problem with the current sandbox

You're in. Be active.

Why do you have to sound so threatening about it? He's said his apologies, let's move on.

Halo 5 is the most objectively good matchmade halo at launch yet somehow the least fun. Go figure.

Default H5 is basically MLG Halo for the past ten years or so - including all of its pitfalls - plus a lot of shit sprinkles on top that everyone's too fucked up on Stockholm Syndrome to want to lobby against. 

So sure, it's better than default H2/H3/Reach/H4, but it is not objectively better than competitive H2/H3/Reach/H4.

The difference here is that default H5 is exactly the same as competitive H5. 

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why do you have to sound so threatening about it? He's said his apologies, let's move on.

rofl wasn't being threatening... I don't even think he was one of the ones I removed haha!

I'm literally playing Warzone grinding for the armor as we speak, hence the short, blunt post.

rofl wasn't being threatening... I don't even think he was one of the ones I removed haha!

I'm literally playing Warzone grinding for the armor as we speak, hence the short, blunt post.

What if im being a shady halo kid appearing offline and playing, do i get kicked

Literally all we need is a 4 shot pistol. I hate the redundant weapons, but a 4sk pistol can virtually eliminate any problem with the current sandbox

4sk = Less Team Shooting (subjectively better, not objective), balances AR, Storm Rifle would still need a nerf

5sk = Keeps team shooting as is, would require a Storm Rifle and slight AR nerf.

I think the MAIN problem is the abundance of weapons on maps, not their balance. Aka Empire should only have SMGs instead of SMGs and Storm Rifles, Coliseum should only have DMRs, not DMRs and BRs. It would reduce the randomness, promote the Pistol, and enforce stronger player roles.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm not really interested in polishing a turd for the fifth time in a row, to be honest. In fact, I'm absolutely sick of it. 

Then I don't understand why you post on the matter.

The game could be better, I agree.  I'm pretty sure we both want the same things.  But this is by far the best it's been in a very long time, especially for default matchmaking.  And we're only a few small changes away from making it even better.  And in my own experience and from watching the game played at the highest level, these imperfections we talk about do not even come close to ruining the game.  It's still a very solid, skillful FPS experience, and the best one we've had in many years. I'm genuinely sorry that you don't share that sentiment, because I'm having a blast.  I can't help but wonder why that is, though.  Do you play very often?

My whole thing is that people make it sound like pistol vs rifle in this game is like SMG starts in Halo 2, when it's not even close.  It's such a minor disadvantage (one that is usually brought about by dying, btw, and can usually be rectified within 10 seconds of spawning) that it just doesn't seem worth complaining about, and certainly not enough to call the game a turd.  It sucks that you feel that way, because this game was a HUGE step in the right direction, and I don't know how realistic it is that you'll find what you're looking for going forward in this series.  That said, I do suspect that you rarely play the game, and your problems lie more in theory than in practice.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

4sk = Less Team Shooting (subjectively better, not objective), balances AR, Storm Rifle would still need a nerf

5sk = Keeps team shooting as is, would require a Storm Rifle and slight AR nerf.

I think the MAIN problem is the abundance of weapons on maps, not their balance. Aka Empire should only have SMGs instead of SMGs and Storm Rifles, Coliseum should only have DMRs, not DMRs and BRs

Not to mention the placement at the moment is awful. Two storm rifles outside makes controlling the outside of Empire very SR-reliant.

As opposed to Plaza, which has a single plasma rifle bottom mid.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think the MAIN problem is the abundance of weapons on maps, not their balance. Aka Empire should only have SMGs instead of SMGs and Storm Rifles, Coliseum should only have DMRs, not DMRs and BRs. It would reduce the randomness, promote the Pistol, and enforce stronger player roles.

Agree to the second part
  • Upvote (+1) 1

And yet. And yet.

You are still here.

Lemon, you've been around for a while. You could've left a long time ago. You insult the fans who stay to see if the next game will be the one. You take nearly every opportunity to state your bitterness, whether it be hidden by a wall of sarcastic humor or outright bluntness, directed to the other people here, or to the current devs. You voice your distaste at what Halo has become, and constantly remind everyone how much you "laugh your ass off" about how clueless we, or 343 are when something hot shows up. Time and time again, you've made yourself clear that you could care less.

So what in the world is keeping you from saying "Fuck it, I'm out," and moving forward after all this time?

For the first time since 2010, Halo was no longer a joke. The "turd" that you describe as Halo 5 became the second most watched thing on Twitch. It was shown on television. The game became something interesting to the rest of the world. That hasn't happened in nearly five years. The default game, despite its flaws, was a surprising hit.

If you're going to say that you don't care, and then make another post in this forum, or just about any other Halo related forum, you're lying to yourself. So either shut up and leave, or stay a while to see what happens. Just because you're named after a sour fruit doesn't mean you should be a sour man.

• Upvote (+1) 11
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'd just like to give a major shoutout to @@Teapot and @@Hard Way, diehard CE fans who may have shortcomings with H5 in certain areas, but you guys really kept an open mind to this game, and it shows in your posts. People like you are going to make sure Halo keeps improving.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just because you're named after a sour fruit doesn't mean you should be a sour man.

gCpfIwo.gif

Jesus.

Christ.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Then I don't understand why you post on the matter.

The game could be better, I agree.  I'm pretty sure we both want the same things.  But this is by far the best it's been in a very long time, especially for default matchmaking.  And we're only a few small changes away from making it even better.  And in my own experience and from watching the game played at the highest level, these imperfections we talk about do not even come close to ruining the game.  It's still a very solid, skillful FPS experience, and the best one we've had in many years. I'm genuinely sorry that you don't share that sentiment, because I'm having a blast.  I can't help but wonder why that is, though.  Do you play very often?

My whole thing is that people make it sound like pistol vs rifle in this game is like SMG starts in Halo 2, when it's not even close.  It's such a minor disadvantage (one that is usually brought about by dying, btw, and can usually be rectified within 10 seconds of spawning) that it just doesn't seem worth complaining about, and certainly not enough to call the game a turd.  It sucks that you feel that way, because this game was a HUGE step in the right direction, and I don't know how realistic it is that you'll find what you're looking for going forward in this series.  That said, I do suspect that you rarely play the game, and your problems lie more in theory than in practice.

And yet. And yet.

You are still here.

Lemon, you've been around for a while. You could've left a long time ago. You insult the fans who stay to see if the next game will be the one. You take nearly every opportunity to state your bitterness, whether it be hidden by a wall of sarcastic humor or outright bluntness, directed to the other people here, or to the current devs. You voice your distaste at what Halo has become, and constantly remind everyone how much you "laugh your ass off" about how clueless we, or 343 are when something hot shows up. Time and time again, you've made yourself clear that you could care less.

So what in the world is keeping you from saying "Fuck it, I'm out," and moving forward after all this time?

For the first time since 2010, Halo was no longer a joke. The "turd" that you describe as Halo 5 became the second most watched thing on Twitch. It was shown on television. The game became something interesting to the rest of the world. That hasn't happened in nearly five years. The default game, despite its flaws, was a surprising hit.

If you're going to say that you don't care, and then make another post in this forum, or just about any other Halo related forum, you're lying to yourself. So either shut up and leave, or stay a while to see what happens. Just because you're named after a sour fruit doesn't mean you should be a sour man.

lmfao Fuck off with this, you guys. 

What in the name of Christ does it matter about the quality of Halo 5 that I post on a Halo forum? 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Default H5 is basically MLG Halo for the past ten years or so - including all of its pitfalls - plus a lot of shit sprinkles on top that everyone's too fucked up on Stockholm Syndrome to want to lobby against. 

So sure, it's better than default H2/H3/Reach/H4, but it is not objectively better than competitive H2/H3/Reach/H4.

The difference here is that default H5 is exactly the same as competitive H5. 

Well yea, of course. I just mean that I played all the dumb AR and SMG matchmaking and somehow halo 5 is still less fun subjectively while being a much better game in matchmaking.

At some point we are going to have to realize though that 99% of the competitive Halo population (hell probably the rest of the noobs too) wants to play team BR halo. That's just never going to change it seems.

• Upvote (+1) 2

lmfao Fuck off with this, you guys. 

What in the name of Christ does it matter about the quality of Halo 5 that I post on a Halo forum? 

Dude I don't mind that you post, it just seems aimless.  Like complaining just for the sake of complaining, about something that isn't even that bad to begin with, in a game I'm convinced you rarely play.  And then to not offer a desired direction...I just don't understand why you bother.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Because comaining about the way others post is so much more productive....

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Because comaining about the way others post is so much more productive....

Because complaining about a post's productivity is so much more productive.

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Dude I don't mind that you post, it just seems aimless.  Like complaining just for the sake of complaining, about something that isn't even that bad to begin with, in a game I'm convinced you rarely play.  And then to not offer a desired direction...I just don't understand why you bother.

I have more games played in H5 than I do in Reach or H4, so take that however you will. 

And what direction can I possibly offer for H5 given that 1) most of it involves completely retooling the game, and 2) we don't even have control over the settings this time around? We just had the biggest Halo tournament in years and it had FUCKING RADAR ON. 

Think about how absolutely ridiculous that is. 

• Upvote (+1) 3