CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Because other than its ease of use it is the same exact gun. The pistol simply requires more skill to do what the BR can do easily. An average player with a BR can perfect a kid across the map, but so can a great player with the pistol, his just actually took skill to use. You are not gimped in any way from using the pistol long range if you are good enough. You are just given a crutch if you use the BR.

This part is objectively wrong. The BR has  longer RRR distance which is a big deal, and also has spread. And they are both 'gimped' at long range because outside of RRR they are both really inconsistent. The BR's spread makes it ass, and the pistol has no zoom. Without RRR the effectiveness of both weapons is greatly reduced because the magnetism and netcode assists completely disappears.

I just wish there was a legitimately unranked version of it. I used to LOVE FFA in Reach and 4, and could relax in it, since I'm such a lone wolf, but now, it's very sweaty. Just wanna relax, bruh.

Really? all of Halo's FFA's were pressured, the gametype is inherently stressful. BTB on the other hand is like walking in the park.

Gotta love matching a bunch of sweatbags who're all Onyx when you're not even halfway to being ranked in FFA.

People who play Halo 5 to win are not "sweatbags" or whatever stupid term you're going to use tomorrow.

Your disdain towards competitive players is unreal.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

"Halo 5 base gameplay is more competitive than past titles" is a pretty shitty way to defend the settings. The problem is Halo 5 base gameplay is also the competitive settings. So you have to compare Halo 5 comp to past titles comp changes. Yes Halo 5 base gameplay is better than AR/SMG starts of the past but that's not saying Halo 5 can't be better. This game would 109% be more competitive with rebalanced autos/rifles so that the pistol is the dominant utility weapon.

Again, why do people always find the need to mention past titles social settings as a justification for what we have now?

I agree. Yes this game is competitive how it is, but it is only scratching the surface of how competitive it could be. It has the ablity to become the most competitive Halo there is with only a few changes*, most of which the community could make by themselves. *(besides CE, but that is on its own tier imo.)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Really? all of Halo's FFA's were pressured, the gametype is inherently stressful. BTB on the other hand is like walking in the park.

Ranked FFA or any FFA where results otherwise matter is about as stressful as this game gets. Social FFA with objective gametypes thrown in is as relaxed as it gets.

I agree. Yes this game is competitive how it is, but it is only scratching the surface of how competitive it could be. It has the ablity to become the most competitive Halo there is with only a few changes*, most of which the community could make by themselves. *(besides CE, but that is on its own tier imo.)

Halo 4 was in the same position but we never saw those changes come to fruition. I'm sure they'll add/do something big for Halo 5 in Q4 2016 and it will be announced at E3 this year, but don't expect it to appeal to the competitive fans. For any big competitive changes, it's best to wait for Halo 6.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 4 was in the same position but we never saw those changes come to fruition. I'm sure they'll add/do something big for Halo 5 and it will be announced at E3 this year, but don't expect it to appeal to the competitive fans. For any big competitive changes, it's best to wait for Halo 6.

Sad but true. I think in fall 2017 a H3 multiplayer expansion is likely (no way they pass up that opportunity and they will avoid MCC), in which case there may be a season with no sprint and a projectile (hopefully not random) BR. Major changes probably are years away though. 

Eh, I found Halo 4's FFA was ESPECIALLY casual in terms of people's playstyle. That may just be how the game ITSELF was built though. Reach was the same, though. Hell, even H2A.

People who play Halo 5 to win are not "sweatbags" or whatever stupid term you're going to use tomorrow.

Your disdain towards competitive players is unreal.

I have no disdain towards 'em at all, given I am one to a point. But there are people who play very sweatily, and thus, are termed as "sweatbags", "sweaties" or the like. Nothing wrong with being sweaty, or anything, but for once in my Halo 5 career, I'd LOVE to play Arena without facing people who act like there's 2 million on the line, and they're playing for the HWC. I'm mainly bitching because the game's primary thing is catered way too much towards the competitive side of things, and thus, there's no space at all for any social setups, outside of Warzone, and even THAT isn't safe from the TO12's who'll roflstomp you, or spawnkill you in Warzone Assault in the same manner. It's been a constant complaint about the game for a reason. 

I wouldn't be annoyed at facing consistently sweaty players and TO4's, if I, for once, could have what I had in the past with Halos, and have a social setting where I can relax, not have to worry about things like stats, and just "play". Let myself go. Something I haven't been able to do in FOUR months. If I could have a nice split, where I could either go full sweaty, or COMPLETELY let myself go, then I'd be content, given we've HAD this in past Halo titles. But we don't.

I'm noticing lag today as well. 

I do this thing where I count my shots when I first see someone. Depending on the weapon, if I come across a full-shield player and I get first shot and I see the hit markers confirming my shots...I will count, and today with the pistol, I swear I was getting 5 hit markers, a sixth...still not dead...and then bam, I'm dead. This happened with the rifles too...it had to be lag.

Eh, I found Halo 4's FFA was ESPECIALLY casual in terms of people's playstyle. That may just be how the game ITSELF was built though. Reach was the same, though. Hell, even H2A.

I have no disdain towards 'em at all, given I am one to a point. But there are people who play very sweatily, and thus, are termed as "sweatbags", "sweaties" or the like. Nothing wrong with being sweaty, or anything, but for once in my Halo 5 career, I'd LOVE to play Arena without facing people who act like there's 2 million on the line, and they're playing for the HWC. I'm mainly bitching because the game's primary thing is catered way too much towards the competitive side of things, and thus, there's no space at all for any social setups, outside of Warzone, and even THAT isn't safe from the TO12's who'll roflstomp you, or spawnkill you in Warzone Assault in the same manner. It's been a constant complaint about the game for a reason. 

I wouldn't be annoyed at facing consistently sweaty players and TO4's, if I, for once, could have what I had in the past with Halos, and have a social setting where I can relax, not have to worry about things like stats, and just "play". Let myself go. Something I haven't been able to do in FOUR months. If I could have a nice split, where I could either go full sweaty, or COMPLETELY let myself go, then I'd be content, given we've HAD this in past Halo titles. But we don't.

So you want a dedicated social playlist...goto Waypoint, tweet the 343 folks, tag Josh here...but don't talk smack about the ranked playlists and people trying to take the game serious in the ranked playlists.

You remind me of the people I used to play hockey with at pickup games that would get mad at me for going all out, meaning, I was younger, they were older, I was more in shape than they were...so I was skating harder, faster, reacting faster, being more physical, stealing the puck away from them super easily...and they would yell at me "this isn't the stanley cup man, relax."

I'm sorry, but I'm a competitive person, and I'm playing well within the rules of the game. To tell someone to calm down or relax...is defeating the entire purpose of the game in the first place.

You want to play touch-football...go somewhere else.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Randomly ran into cT on the Destiny subreddit :) nice guy

You play destiny?

My respect for you has gone down the toilet :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

So you want a dedicated social playlist...goto Waypoint, tweet the 343 folks, tag Josh here...but don't talk smack about the ranked playlists and people trying to take the game serious in the ranked playlists.

You remind me of the people I used to play hockey with at pickup games that would get mad at me for going all out, meaning, I was younger, they were older, I was more in shape than they were...so I was skating harder, faster, reacting faster, being more physical, stealing the puck away from them super easily...and they would yell at me "this isn't the stanley cup man, relax."

I'm sorry, but I'm a competitive person, and I'm playing well within the rules of the game. To tell someone to calm down or relax...is defeating the entire purpose of the game in the first place.

I can smell the sweat in this post lmao

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is the most dude-bro thing I have ever read here.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Except, the thing is, I essentially HAVE nowhere else to go in this situation. Can't play Arena without a team, and Warzone I might as well have a team, given the majority of the population runs a TO12 in the grind for Achillies, on top of general pubstomping purposes. On top of this, people have MADE it apparent that social playlists need to be added in, I'm pretty sure we've tagged Josh enough on Social here, called them on Twitter about it, etc. It's at this point, a legitimate waiting game. We've been asking for months. MONTHS. And even the time where we got "social" it was really just ranked, without a visible rank, which screwed over players, and still fostered and overly competitive environment, which wasn't what we wanted, given what we've had to go off of with social in the past. 

Again, not attacking the players. I'm not bitching that they're beating me. I'm not saying "calm down, it's just a game". I don't get where that idea came from, past my dubbing of them as "sweaties" which I've already put into context; but I just don't want to play against players who're hyper competitive on a consistent basis. That's an entirely fine thing to WANT as well. As much as it is to want a very competitive area to play in.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can smell the sweat in this post lmao

How's that?

The guy is basically whining about being stomped by other players in Halo 5. Now I'll agree, there should be social playlists, and in fact, I'll go farther by saying there should be COD-style playlists where parties are not allowed...I myself have been in many games where i get stomped because I know the other team is a party of four...and yeah, it's not fun...but I don't go on here saying people are try-hards and make fun of them for it.

Good lord...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You play destiny?

My respect for you has gone down the toilet :kappa:

Not for several months now, no. I did though, quite a bit. The Destiny community is quite funny so I still read the subreddit.

Don't blame other people for a lack of social playlist

Don't blame other people for a lack of social playlist

When at all in that post did I blame them? I made it a point to say my bitching was about the lack of social playlists, while explaining what I mean by calling people "sweaty".

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yo @@Infinity can I get in on that Beyond spartan company? I just requested to join. I stopped playing and then got kicked, now I'm playing again. This game is sick.