CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Good, but they need party restrictions and you need to be able to rank down a division. Getting carried to division you don't belong and always staying there all season is terrible.

Wouldn't that be less terrible if it matches based on elo or mmr?

"We're going back to arena roots" - 343.

They did spawn us with a proper arena weapon at least.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

...But that's the point. Within the contextual balance of H5, the automatics are overpowered compared to the weapon that is supposed to be the utility weapon. 

If the H5 pistol was a four shot or even a three shot, the automatics would not be OP anymore. 

Except the autos aren't overpowered (exception being the SR arguably, and I would agree). They are powerful, but not OVER powered. A 4sk pistol would just make the autos (specifically the SMG and SR, because the AR would now be pretty bad) seem less OP to the idiots who think it already is, without actually making them useless like they want.

Wanting the pistol to be stronger != wanting the autos to be useless.

So... how is the BR not better?

Because other than its ease of use it is the same exact gun. The pistol simply requires more skill to do what the BR can do easily. An average player with a BR can perfect a kid across the map, but so can a great player with the pistol, his just actually took skill to use. You are not gimped in any way from using the pistol long range if you are good enough. You are just given a crutch if you use the BR.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Except the autos aren't overpowered (exception being the SR arguably, and I would agree). They are powerful, but not OVER powered. A 4sk pistol would just make the autos (specifically the SMG and SR, because the AR would now be pretty bad) seem less OP to the idiots who think it already is, without actually making them useless like they want.

Because other than its ease of use it is the same exact gun. The pistol simply requires more skill to do what the BR can do easily. An average player with a BR can perfect a kid across the map, but so can a great player with the pistol, his just actually took skill to use. You are not gimped in any way from using the pistol long range if you are good enough. You are just given a crutch if you use the BR.

By default making it easier and therefore better
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Oh, I just wanted to know because I just picked it up and I'm already Plat 5 on Team Slayer but I wasn't sure if people are bad or the ranking up is easy but I can see that it's getting tougher to get higher a bit.

Assuming the full game is like the beta...

You start at 1000 CSR

Platinum 3 is around 1000 CSR

So at Platinum 3, you're at "neutral" CSR after 10 games. There's a lot of variations in what might result in a rank like this (for example I've had Platinum 5 after a 21 KDA and 10 wins out 10 placement matches... which is broken) so it's important to take it with a grain of salt.

Less than that (Gold, Silver, Bronze), means a CSR below the starting point, which can happen if getting losses during earlier placement matches to people who were ranked low, and then not moving up fast because of facing and beating more subsequent low opponents after that initial loss.

So it's not like League, where people kind of have to grind up. People start high within all the possible ranks. Platinum 3 is the 21st(?) rank out of... 30 in total? Not including Onyx/Champion. It's one of the reasons it's rare to see people below that threshold compared to the amount who get placed above Platinum, and also why Bronze is rarer than Champion.

I don't think that part is a good design, I think it should be a grind to an extent. Especially considering people can't derank out of a division (only tiers within it E.G. Platinum 4-> Platinum 3, but not Platinum 1 -> Gold 6).

• Upvote (+1) 6

By default making it easier and therefore better

It being better is directly tied to your ability as a player. If you have a shitty long range pistol, yeah its better. Need to hop into warzone and practice long range pistoling.

And wanting something like the CE AR in the game != wanting a "useless" weapon either. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Because other than its ease of use it is the same exact gun. The pistol simply requires more skill to do what the BR can do easily. An average player with a BR can
perfect a kid across the map, but so can a great player with the pistol, his just actually took skill to use. You are not gimped in any way from using the pistol long range if you are good enough. You are just given a crutch if you use the BR.

Therefore the BR is a better weapon.

You're also implying that the best players are going to hit consistent 5s with the pistol and therefore be able to do what an "average" player can do with a BR. This is not true. As a matter of fact, what you've just said is that the rifles in this game allow average players to compete with great players.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm not sure how the argument turned into whether or not the pistol is used more than the AR. It obviously is.

The actual problem is the AR, a low skill weapon, being used in pro gameplay in the first place. It IS used, and often. Just look at pretty much every close range engagement during the event. Everyone who opted to stick with the magnum in close range got shit on. I paid close attention to those scenarios.

"But that's its intended use!"

Sure, but that doesn't make it anymore skillful or appropriate.

Oh, I just wanted to know because I just picked it up and I'm already Plat 5 on Team Slayer but I wasn't sure if people are bad or the ranking up is easy but I can see that it's getting tougher to get higher a bit.

Games only get serious around Diamond 2-3 ... searching solo, that's as high as I can get (I'm not terrible at the game, but not great).  Getting Onyx solo is difficult even if you're very good

Gotta love matching a bunch of sweatbags who're all Onyx when you're not even halfway to being ranked in FFA.

FFA is much more bearable than Team Slayer solo. For me at least.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

FFA is much more bearable than Team Slayer solo. For me at least.

I just wish there was a legitimately unranked version of it. I used to LOVE FFA in Reach and 4, and could relax in it, since I'm such a lone wolf, but now, it's very sweaty. Just wanna relax, bruh.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gotta love matching a bunch of sweatbags who're all Onyx when you're not even halfway to being ranked in FFA. 

Hit onyx in Slayer, Arena, and FFA. Hit plat in Swat and I've been trying to get that up. Matched with 3 champions 3 games in a row -_-

Assuming the full game is like the beta...

You start at 1000 CSR

Platinum 3 is around 1000 CSR

So at Platinum 3, you're at "neutral" CSR after 10 games. There's a lot of variations in what might result in a rank like this (for example I've had Platinum 5 after a 21 KDA and 10 wins out 10 placement matches... which is broken) so it's important to take it with a grain of salt.

Less than that (Gold, Silver, Bronze), means a CSR below the starting point, which can happen if getting losses during earlier placement matches to people who were ranked low, and then not moving up fast because of facing and beating more subsequent low opponents after that initial loss.

So it's not like League, where people kind of have to grind up. People start high within all the possible ranks. Platinum 3 is the 21st(?) rank out of... 30 in total? Not including Onyx/Champion. It's one of the reasons it's rare to see people below that threshold compared to the amount who get placed above Platinum, and also why Bronze is rarer than Champion.

I don't think that part is a good design, I think it should be a grind to an extent. Especially considering people can't derank out of a division (only tiers within it E.G. Platinum 4-> Platinum 3, but not Platinum 1 -> Gold 6).

I firmly think you should not be able to place higher than Gold 6, grind the rest.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Everyone fussing about automatics being overpowered, but no one wants to play edgy setting were the AR is balanced from a 12/14 bullet kill (headshot/bodyshot) to a 15/18 bullet kill. And yes, that change makes a substantial difference when the precision weapons keep their default ttks and stks.

So when do 343 drop Breakout from Team Arena? Being as team arena is the "HWC" Playlist, and they dropped it from HWC, when will they drop it from Team Arena? It's not a bad mode, but it doesn't belong witH Slayer, CTF and strongholds. IF anyone really watns tp play breakout they would play the Breakout playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 1

so either play large scale, REQ battles or create alts all day long? Please tell me your joking...

Any good advice on how to deal with the server selection problem for EU player? Maybe I should catch a plane to the US whenever I want to play some H5?

you're right - i think you're screwed till they fix something

So when do 343 drop Breakout from Team Arena? Being as team arena is the "HWC" Playlist, and they dropped it from HWC, when will they drop it from Team Arena? It's not a bad mode, but it doesn't belong witH Slayer, CTF and strongholds. IF anyone really watns tp play breakout they would play the Breakout playlist.

Team Arena hasn't been the HCS playlist for a while. The fact they've got Arena Breakout in there should prove that.

played a lot of ts today and there have been some really bad dedicated servers, ive seen players skipping and myself getting killed around corners and then i go back into theater and watch my pistol and rifle shots just act like they dont exist.

played a lot of ts today and there have been some really bad dedicated servers, ive seen players skipping and myself getting killed around corners and then i go back into theater and watch my pistol and rifle shots just act like they dont exist.

I'm noticing lag today as well. 

Team Arena hasn't been the HCS playlist for a while. The fact they've got Arena Breakout in there should prove that.

Arena breakout still shouldn't be there. It doesn't really fit in with Slayer, CTF and Strongholds. Arena Breakout should stay in the Breakout playlist. I don't think I have met someone I have played with that likes playing Breakout in team Arena.

It can stay until Feb Update, but once that ball mode comes around, I would love Breakout to be removed, and to be replaced with Ball mode or Oddball.

Also, Feels Good man.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Arena breakout still shouldn't be there. It doesn't really fit in with Slayer, CTF and Strongholds. Arena Breakout should stay in the Breakout playlist. I don't think I have met someone I have played with that likes playing Breakout in team Arena.

And it should be apparent to 343 that Breakout is not that great. Quite a few of the people I have talked to do not want it in Team Arena, the pro's obviously don't like it. If 343 haven't clicked with the fact that Breakout is not really a very popular game mode, at least not in the Team Arena playlist.

I would gladly swap out Arena Breakout for Oddball of whatever this Ball mode is in the Feb update.

The pros dont like it. The competitive community clearly dislikes it. The overall playerbase also seems to dislike it as its the 2nd least populated permanent playlist ahead of only ffa(a total dumpster fire).

To me its a fun little gametype that would work well as a double xp weekend playlist. Not a permanent, ranked playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 1