CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'm trying to play this game and I just can't do it. It's the aiming system. It is so clunky and awful... I just can't aim. Is it because I'm not playing on a monitor? I've never played on a monitor and have never had a problem with aiming in any other games. Aiming in Black Ops 3 is fine, and then trying to go play Halo 5 is just awful.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm trying to play this game and I just can't do it. It's the aiming system. It is so clunky and awful... I just can't aim. Is it because I'm not playing on a monitor? I've never played on a monitor and have never had a problem with aiming in any other games. Aiming in Black Ops 3 is fine, and then trying to go play Halo 5 is just awful.

Welcome to the club. But yes, a monitor will help but not fix the issue. 

It's not just you. The aiming is awful. Try turning down the aim acceleration from the default of 3 to 2 or 1. This has helped me. Aiming still doesn't feel great though.

When does the new season start/old season end?

I believe the last day of the season is the 31st with the new season starting the next day

• Upvote (+1) 1

This game needs social playlists NOW. Warzone assault is getting worse and worse with 12 man squads spawn killing and REQ spam. Come on 343 this game has to last THREE YEARS.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This game needs social playlists NOW. Warzone assault is getting worse and worse with 12 man squads spawn killing and REQ spam. Come on 343 this game has to last THREE YEARS.

*roddy piper puts on sunglasses*

SUSTAIN

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's already out of the top 10 most played games most of the time, so good luck with that 3 year plan.

• Upvote (+1) 2

lol at all of the people NOW just joining or creating Spartan companies to get the armor. They have a LONG way to go until they get level 3 in everything just for the first part of the armor. *Facepalm*

It needs ACTUAL social. Social in the lines of Warzone social, where the people you meet are legitimately unrelated to the people you met beforehand, and it isn't just a hidden ranked fuck fest. Also, a good part of social would be to NOT tie it to your ranked statistics. May be a personal gripe, but in past titles, I played social to let myself go, and NOT keep my stats up, because I wanted to relax, and not tryhard. In social now? I need to still tryhard my ass off, when I just want to relax.

• Upvote (+1) 7

It needs ACTUAL social. Social in the lines of Warzone social, where the people you meet are legitimately unrelated to the people you met beforehand, and it isn't just a hidden ranked fuck fest. Also, a good part of social would be to NOT tie it to your ranked statistics. May be a personal gripe, but in past titles, I played social to let myself go, and NOT keep my stats up, because I wanted to relax, and not tryhard. In social now? I need to still tryhard my ass off, when I just want to relax.

Yup, good old fashioned social not 343 social. And as far as not thing into your stats that does make sense. If not that then at least give it an entirely separate page where you can see it but it's completely separate. Even placement matches I feel should not go towards your stats. I like ranked games but I've always played more social than anything since I play solo or with my few friends (that are baaaaad). Ranked is not fun solo because of no party restrictions and I place way too high especially in relation to my friends. I really want to play on the arena maps to learn them but I'm way too high of a rank already so I'm gonna play good kids even though I have only 30 games lol. As much as I hate slayer I would play social slayer 100x more than I play arena now.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Yup, good old fashioned social not 343 social. And as far as not thing into your stats that does make sense. If not that then at least give it an entirely separate page where you can see it but it's completely separate. Even placement matches I feel should not go towards your stats.

Yes, agree with a separate page, if not removing them entirely. Sadly, I didn't realize they impacted me, until my 5.9, near a 6.0 K/D/A dropped to a 5.5. Solid, brah.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Shout out to Silver Packs for giving me what I want. Spent a solid 15 minutes going from 250K, to 200K with Silvers, not including REQ points refunded, and MAN, I restocked my arsenal so damn quickly. 15 Railguns, 30+ Shotguns, 20+ mobile turrets, Warzone Boosts out the ass and Snipers for days. Silvers are my best friends.

Close range pistol battles are cancer with this games aiming. I don't understand what's so hard for them to fix about this.

Close range pistol battles are cancer with this games aiming. I don't understand what's so hard for them to fix about this.

Or admit that they screwed it up, or even tell us what they changed. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Am I the only one that feels that the melee lunge is absolutely insane?

It's very long, as long or longer than Reach's. Spartan charge makes it 3x that giving the range of an energy sword.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Call me crazy but I would prefere a matchmaking/ranking improvement over all those Pizza skins and Battle Riffles. I am still unable to find any BTB matches at all. After searching for 15 minutes or something it just says "unable to match, try another playlist". Wait what? Am I the only one that thinks this is unacceptable? Like... who even had the idea to put in that message? How is it okay that you wont even let people get games in a social playlist? I dont even want to start how ridiculous it is in the ranked playlists. Watching pros searching for 10 minutes only to find the same people over and over and over again. Or watching them playing with smurfs which is also lame, because they cant get a match otherwise.

How long is it ago when they said they will be adding "social" playlists? Whop I just checked and it was OVER TWO MONTHS ago. (18 November 2015) Ugh, I am so tired of this. The game could have been great imo but we always have to wait months for everything. For basic stuff. For things that should have been planned and done BEFORE the game releases. And yes, that is why I get a bit mad/salty whenever I see Pizza skins and Breakout playlists. I know its not like the people working on REQs have anything to do with the other stuff, but it still annoys me to see how they try to hype us up with all that stuff while the game has a lot of important problems that arent even talked about.

Beating a dead horse: I get matched against US players all the time. For me it feels like the servers are getting more weak every week. Players eat way more shots and start to "lagstrafe" around. Even tho the servers where perfectly at the beginning and are still amazing in Warzone. Also, Arena is still a nightmare without a full decent squad because we have no party restrictions.

tl;dr

- Bring in actual social! The game is out for over 3 months now.

- Tweak the ranking system! Unable to match is never ever an option. NEVER. Put Champions against platnums if you have to, but let people get matches!

- Put EU players on EU servers! There is no point in competing against players my own skill when I need 2 pistol shots more every time.

- Party restrictions and maybe a population counter would be nice but I cant see that happen.

- Add playlists like doubles and make the weekend playlists social and funny. Like Multi Team or Fiesta.

- I would like to talk about Weapon balance and Arena Breakout as soon as possible.

Inb4 @@Infinity boots everyone from the spartan company when wer're at 99% and sells spots  :kappa:

Your sig is amazing. +1

• Upvote (+1) 7

The answer to better aiming is just sitting there within a legacy build of Halo 5. Unless they really ripped apart the underlying systems behind aiming in subsequent builds, I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't add a toggle.

Am I the only one that feels that the melee lunge is absolutely insane?

It seems to differ for me, but it feels especially bad when you get someone throwing down a double melee, especially when they somehow connect even though you thrusted away from them after the first hit.

i think we both know it's not just the aiming system that's turning you off the game  ;)