CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Fathom actually looks really nice, both artistically and gameplay wise. The map looks like it flows well, and has a very open feel compared to the game's other maps. It's also nice to see 343 finally expand their color profile, and it looks like the artists actually showed some restraint by not loading the map with a bunch of extraneous detail. Nicely done!

But seeing the H2 BR with a sprint animation feels... Wrong. Just wrong.

The ratio between symmetric and asymmetric maps is astounding. You can count on one hand the amount of symmetric maps in Halo 5. Can someone clarify if H5 has the biggest ratio of asymm vs symm 4v4 maps in Halo history?

Riptide looks good, even with the copy pasted spaces from Fathom. And the H2 BR looks better than the H5 BR in every way.

As good as the H2 BR looks, that map looks like Overgrowth v2 to me.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

The ratio between symmetric and asymmetric maps is astounding. You can count on one hand the amount of symmetric maps in Halo 5. Can someone clarify if H5 has the biggest ratio of asymm vs symm 4v4 maps in Halo history?

This pleases me

Omg that Halo 2 BR. It's so glorious. I can't wait to use that. I wasn't hyped for  the next update, until I saw gameplay of it. I really hope you can start with this weapon. 

Playing shooters like red orchestra/rising storm has made me see contemporary shooters in a different light, games like halo and cod are very robotic in their presentation of the first person perspective, the guns don't feel alive, there's a lot of jarring movements, it just feels very fake to me. To be fair though, I'd play a great game that was robotic and not really give all that much of a shit, but still.

Playing shooters like red orchestra/rising storm has made me see contemporary shooters in a different light, games like halo and cod are very robotic in their presentation of the first person perspective, the guns don't feel alive, there's a lot of jarring movements, it just feels very fake to me. To be fair though, I'd play a great game that was robotic and not really give all that much of a shit, but still.

Red Orchestra is what I play when I want really want to immerse myself in an FPS.

Nothing beats a good ol' coordinated smoke rush with a sniper providing cover against in-bunker machine gunners.

The amount of times I spawn and am already being shot at in this game makes me salty. 

Curious as to why you think this.

Bugs me that I get downvoted for having an opinion.

Anyways I kind of skimmed through the video, now that I've gone back and watched it looks a little better.

My opinion was formed because what I skimmed through was semi long tight corridors (top middle) with a single openish area (bottom middle)

Riptide looked like tight corridors and when I was skimming through I only saw one open area. Going through I saw more open areas.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Play 1 community breakout game:

Havoc is trash

teammate goes goosed

teammates gets a breadstick

fun stuff

GGs to the Warzone fam again tonight. 

You and Erikyboo's exchanges tonight were hilarious. 

"Can you buy me a plane ticket?"

"I can buy you a fuck off."

• Upvote (+1) 1

can i get into this warzone fam 

Sure. Send me a message on Xbox Live and I'll shoot you invites when we're playing next.

Red Orchestra is what I play when I want really want to immerse myself in an FPS.

Nothing beats a good ol' coordinated smoke rush with a sniper providing cover against in-bunker machine gunners.

or setting up a dp28 in pavlovs house.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

let it go man he's not worth it

internet "hold me back bro" lolol

Can you stop lying? I post constructive feedback on 343 all the time without insulting or using crude language. Just because you scroll past all the mult-paragraph post, doesn't mean they don't exist. And I do my best to go into detail on what's wrong. This whole "but you don't do it all the time, so now you are shitposting" is incredibly annoying.

I shouldn't have to defend myself like this when I've done far more than most here for years now in providing constructive feedback because I don't do it 100% of the time. But continue to say that my novels of feedback on 343 is "cursing up a storm" if that makes you feel better than me. I can go back like a week and link you to my feedback, but I feel it'll just be a waste of my time since you'll just say something else ridiculous and up-tight.

You sometimes post constructive feedback here. Recently its just "lol typical 343 lolol" posts. Seriously you can't deny this. I'm not being super up-tight about it, it's just what I see from you the most here and this last one which clearly you misinterpreted was a weird jab at the people here. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

Halo 4's music is good, and some of it is very nice for piano, but I don't like that particular suite of instruments in a Halo soundtrack. First of all, there's too much brass, especially horns. Second, while there is a place for synth, too many tracks have synthetic elements, or they lack the organic feel exemplified by the original Halo theme (Warthog run). I haven't listened to all of Halo 5's OST, but what I've heard mostly fits into this mold. If anyone wants to post something from H5 that is original (not just something inspired from a classic song), go ahead, as I'm always looking for new ones to learn.

I've never played Red Orchestra, but I really don't care about guns that feel alive. If a game gives me the option, I usually disable all recoil and sway animations. Ideally the gameplay itself will be interesting enough not to be supplemented by distracting animations.

But I guess that's not what you're talking about, because you said the animations just feel unnatural. Modern console games probably couldn't get away with leaving out superfluous weapon animations, so it's better to at least make them feel good.

Also, I really have no idea, but is it possible that gun animations in Red Orchestra have minor random factors to make them feel less repetitive?