CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Can someone link me to where they talked about assault/oddball?

I can link you to this thread on launch week and you'll find a lot of interesting opinions there. The honeymoon period is real. A lot of users here that are reading this are cringing themselves thinking about it. You know who you are.

The Launch Week Beyond AR vs Logic debate. Never forget.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Im scared Assault is gonna have bomb throwing it in in MM LOL

Probably, maybe not. They already said Grifball would. 

For whatever reason. If anything make it fun, if you are going to throw it, give it a slight throw then you have to do the rest with your gravity hammer. 

Well today was the worst. Every time I lost I obviously ranked down. Almost every time I won I ranked down.

Boo.

I can link you to this thread on launch week and you'll find a lot of interesting opinions there. The honeymoon period is real. A lot of users here that are reading this are cringing themselves thinking about it. You know who you are.

...what does that have to do with what he was asking? O.o
  • Upvote (+1) 8

What was even the point of this? 

Edit: didn't see AkumaMatata already asked. This is the type of shitposting I was referring to a couple of weeks ago though.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Which is fine, but Halo has typically had such an eclectic soundtrack that a full-on assault of epic orchestral pieces (with a little bit of electronic flavor) really just does an injustice to the game's atmosphere. Halo is not an ultra-serious experience, never has been, but that's what the recent soundtracks imply. 

Always been amazed by how much Marty can squeeze out of such simple pieces. Peril for example, manages to provide a really playful atmosphere while still conveying the mystery, tragedy, and foreboding of the setting.

• Upvote (+1) 4

What was even the point of this? 

That linking to waypoint threads to make fun of people is a little silly since many here were in the same honeymoon phase not too long ago. And making fun of low-hanging fruit like waypoint is just silly in general.

That linking to waypoint threads to make fun of people is a little silly since many here were in the same honeymoon phase not too long ago. And making fun of low-hanging fruit like waypoint is just silly in general.

but wtf does that have to do with hard ways post lmao

Well today was the worst. Every time I lost I obviously ranked down. Almost every time I won I ranked down.

Boo.

This is happening to me as well, I'm pretty sure it's a UI bug, my rank still seems to go up between games.

Edit: didn't see AkumaMatata already asked. This is the type of shitposting I was referring to a couple of weeks ago though.

Lol if you think that was "shitposting". Why are people here that aren't even mods so strict all of a sudden? Almost half of the post that aren't 100% serious are accused of "shitposting" the last week or so. Cut that crap out. It's an Internet forum for a video game. Now here's a meme and relax a little.

ALVsWRe.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

Lol if you think that was "shitposting". Why are people here that aren't even mods so strict all of a sudden? Almost half of the post that aren't 100% serious are accused of "shitposting" the last week or so. Cut that crap out. It's an Internet forum for a video game. Now here's a meme and relax a little.

ALVsWRe.gif

lol because your reply had nothing to do with his post. And I'm chill man, you're the one always coming into this thread cursing up a storm at 343 lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

lol because your reply had nothing to do with his post. And I'm chill man, you're the one always coming into this thread cursing up a storm at 343 lol.

Can you stop lying? I post constructive feedback on 343 all the time without insulting or using crude language. Just because you scroll past all the mult-paragraph post, doesn't mean they don't exist. And I do my best to go into detail on what's wrong. This whole "but you don't do it all the time, so now you are shitposting" is incredibly annoying.

I shouldn't have to defend myself like this when I've done far more than most here for years now in providing constructive feedback because I don't do it 100% of the time. But continue to say that my novels of feedback on 343 is "cursing up a storm" if that makes you feel better than me. I can go back like a week and link you to my feedback, but I feel it'll just be a waste of my time since you'll just say something else ridiculous and up-tight.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Can you stop lying? I post constructive feedback on 343 all the time without insulting or using crude language. Just because you scroll past all the mult-paragraph post, doesn't mean they don't exist. And I do my best to go into detail on what's wrong. This whole "but you don't do it all the time, so now you are shitposting" is incredibly annoying and up-tight.

I shouldn't have to defend myself like this when I've done far more than most here for years now in providing constructive feedback because I don't do it 100% of the time. But continue to say that my novels of feedback on 343 is "cursing up a storm" if that makes you feel better than me. I can go back like a week and link you to my feedback, but I feel it'll just be a waste of my time since you'll just say something else stupid and up-tight.

let it go man he's not worth it

343I is giving us a "spiritual successor to assault" that can be "modified to create ricochet, oddball, assault, griffball, etc", or something along those lines.

...I predicted them messing assault up awhile back.  Still waiting to see if it comes true.

That sounds like they're making some sort of thing that will let you ghetto-rig some Assault gametype or whatever you want, but none of the game modes will be the actual thing. Hope I'm wrong.

but wtf does that have to do with hard ways post lmao

Pretty sure this was never actually answered 

• Upvote (+1) 2

let it go man he's not worth it

Yeah he's not even that dank honestly.

Good thing they confirmed in the same stream that Classic Assault is possible.

Even so, it'll be just as popular as no-Sprint playlists if 343 doesn't implement it in MM, especially if another version of the gametype is in HCS.

So is arena breakout getting the boot next week?

Is it?

Riptide looks good, even with the copy pasted spaces from Fathom. And the H2 BR looks better than the H5 BR in every way.

That's what I'm asking lol. Y u do dis to me Moa

Nope. What makes you think that?

Whats the best way to play fathom ctf?

Here's a quick, not so detailed run down.

Play it like you would Sanctjary. Treat silos as the rock area in Samc, you do not want to push there and you want them to spawn there. enemy tree/BR is the Hut from sanctuary. Control top mid like you would ring/ring 3. Some top players do 2 staying at the top mid area as you do need someone to be at your BR while running flag because enemies will sprint to there

Ideally run flag to Pit. If you can't do that, run the flag from garage to tree to top mid and continue running it. Best scenario is running flag to Pit and to do that you need some relatively control of enemies courtyard, their pit and their BR. top mid dude needs to deny enemies your tree and one of your teammates need to back up BR especially.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm really not too thrilled about having another map that has a fuel rod. That weapon has way too much ammo and is too forgiving with it's spamming ability.

Also, I wish they would make a map that had no auto weapons at all. That way people could see just how beautifully this game would play without the nooby weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 2