CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So, decided to possibly ruin childhoods by mashing together Halo 5's trailer, and Halo 3's E3 2006 trailer audio, due to how similar they actually are. It's a mockup, and of course, not "full" since I just wanted to dabble with this, but meh. Have fun.

I still get chills from that music.

snip

Hot damn, I'm more excited for this than any map so far in Halo 5. Having that Reaper thing circling the map is such an awesome idea. Super stoked that it's got some Damnation inspiration. Can't wait to play this!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Speaking of Damnation, is there a 1:1 remake with H1 settings? That would be dope.

Didn't feel it in 5.

That's a shame, because Halo Canticles, Light is Green, and most specifically The Trials have all given me crazy chills. Some of the best tracks yet

• Upvote (+1) 2

Something I found from ForgeHub

Originally posted by some Waypoint kid...one of the few upsides of being on Waypoint.

The "Johnson's tank from H2" line is just priceless.  They totally would do something like that.

That's a shame, because Halo Canticles, Light is Green, and most specifically The Trials have all given me crazy chills. Some of the best tracks yet

I just wish they had the unique tone the original trikogy of Halo had

Like where you'd be fighting 30+ people with tanks and jeeps and explosions would be going off and yet the soundtrack would sound like something from Tangerine Dream

Originally posted by some Waypoint kid...one of the few upsides of being on Waypoint.

The "Johnson's tank from H2" line is just priceless.  They totally would do something like that.

The Forge panel absolutely killed me.

The Trials turned the Halo theme into a mess of percussion and other instruments overpowering the violin melody later in the song. The main riff which everyone knows just repeats and repeats and repeats. Basically the build up to the violins from the old theme is the entire song. Just listen to the difference between Truth and Reconciliation Suite and Trials. The former is a lot more interesting. The Light is Green is pretty good, but doesn't fit Halo. The Canticles in a Halo game usually give me chills if I like the rest of the soundtrack and the game. Well they didn't give me chills. Honestly it's not a matter of sounding good or not. The Halo 5 soundtrack is well made, but it's just such a large departure from what the main Halo games should sound like. If a spin off had Halo 5's soundtrack, I'd be fine because there are some artistic liberties taken like in ODST, Wars, and Reach. Another point of contention I have with Halo 5's OST is that it's very derivative, making it to a degree, generic.

(**********IMO**********)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just wish they had the unique tone the original trikogy of Halo had

Like where you'd be fighting 30+ people with tanks and jeeps and explosions would be going off and yet the soundtrack would sound like something from Tangerine Dream

Yeah, as long as 343 makes Halo, I will never get an experience like hearing the Lost Muse while exploring Assault on the Control Room's interiors, or the halls of the Truth and Reconciliation with the subtle, almost lullabic sound of Ambient Wonder. To me, Halo will never be an artistically unique franchise as long as 343 has the same art team and management or they are developing it entirely.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

The Halo 5 soundtrack is obviously a good soundtrack, but it's not a good Halo soundtrack. Neither was 4's. 

Meh, I absolutely adored Halo 4's OST. Nemesis, 117, Green and Blue, Arrival, Belly of the Beast. All of them were just great.

(**********IMO**********)

Oh good, for a second there I thought it was @@Sam's opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Oh good, for a second there I thought it was @@Sam's opinion.

If I didn't add that, some joker woukd have come along with some shit like QUIET STATING YER ONIONS AS FEKTS. The internet's dangerous territory, man.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Meh, I absolutely adored Halo 4's OST. Nemesis, 117, Green and Blue, Arrival, Belly of the Beast. All of them were just great.

Arrival has the most generic melody in the history of music, though
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Kill commendations the TB company is lacking in:

• Lawnmower (2/5): Kill an opponent by hitting them with a vehicle
  • Deconstructed (2/5): Kill Promethean enemies
  • The Reaper (2/5): Kill an opponent from the grave
  • The Pain Train (2/5): Kill an enemy Spartan with shoulder bash
  • Road trip (2/5): Kill an enemy Spartan with a ground vehicle
  • So Cuddly (2/5): Assassinate enemy Spartans

Kill commendations the TB company is close(ish) to completing:

• It's A Bird! (4/5): Kill an enemy Spartan with an aerial vehicle
  • I'm Just Perfect (4/5): Kill a player with precision weapons without missing
  • Till Someone Loses An Eye (4/5): Earn Sniper Rifle medals: Snipeltaneous, Airborne Snapshot, Snapshot, Sniper Headshot, Sniper Doubleshot
  • Body Guard (4/5): Protect a teammate
  • No Hard Feelings (4/5): Kill enemy Spartans
  • From Downtown (4/5): Kill an enemy Spartan from a long distance
  • Kicking It Old School (5/5, 119/1020): Earn the BXR, Noob Combo,or Nadeshot medals

Everything else is 3/5.

Edit: I would have posted the total number needed to complete each commendation, but waypoint only shows the amount needed to get to the next level.  <_<

• Upvote (+1) 1

Which is fine, but Halo has typically had such an eclectic soundtrack that a full-on assault of epic orchestral pieces (with a little bit of electronic flavor) really just does an injustice to the game's atmosphere. Halo is not an ultra-serious experience, never has been, but that's what the recent soundtracks imply. 

• Upvote (+1) 3