CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Stuff

Awesome! I really love the aesthetic, as well as the Reaper thing. Seems like a more natural way for the player to keep time rather than sick a countdown timer on everything, while still retaining the skillful aspect.

Hope it turns out well!

Hey guys! Here's some pics finally, I'll be testing over the next month for the 2's competition :)

Welcome to hell !

CjAS2Uu.jpg

I5VVoVk.jpg

That floating thing ^ is the TimeKeeper, or Reaper, or something I haven't named yet :p Basically it slowly floats above the map in circles..watching you. It acts like a visual clock, and does a rotation every 2 minutes. The red beam will spawn the OV/Camo when it touches certain points on the map. It's just a cool visual reminder of how long until powerups come up :) Makes a really creepy bassy noise when it flies over too.

fj6kEz1.jpg

OV Hall! Lots of the cool lighting isn't visible in this picture :/

fFAFFIm.jpg

hgQhVtO.jpg

6uz9wVi.jpg

KUN7yUq.jpg

Teleporter hall. It's basically an infinite hallway that when you run down it acts as the teleporter, the fog is super thick in it which makes it really cool to run down/see someone run down.

Super trinity/Damnation inspired but very different, and hopefully thematic :) Wanted it to set a mood, like you're fighting in purgatory. Anyways, the big picture I really wanted to grasp is just a map that 1: forced you to be aggressive a la H1, 2: had an insanely deep meta. I think I've nailed it, but the coming month of testing will let me know for sure.

Again, I want the sweatiest of the sweaties! That means you @@Vetoed @@bunniesz23 , @@Batchford

First off.. let me play this thing now. I promise Im sweaty enough. Dripping.

Second.. go work at 343 now. Like start walking there now.

Third.. I got really excited for a second thinking this was a new 343 map revealed on the stream that was some coliseum remix or something. I am dissapoint. But still pumped to see this. May as well be a dev map by the look/sound of it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's really annoying that BTB Strongholds and BTB CTF wins don't count towards your commendations. Hope that's addressed in next week's patch

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hey guys! Here's some pics finally, I'll be testing over the next month for the 2's competition :)

Jesus dude, the map looks insane. I can definitely see some of the verticality you were talking about too. I might be a little busy over the weekend, but at soon as it's ready to test, I'm 100% down to run a bunch of games on it. In fact, I'm pretty excited for it. There's a lot of really cool concepts in it that other maps have never tried.

When time comes, I'll be sure to drop appropriate feedback to help make it the best it can be. It already shows that a lot of effort has gone into it.

I know its most likely already been said - but it looks like February's map is going to be yet another UNSC map. Yay.

What a waste of Halo's assets.

I know its most likely already been said - but it looks like February's map is going to be yet another UNSC map. Yay.

What a waste of Halo's incredibly diverse palette.

I'd rather have the next few upcoming maps be Forge canvases with packs of new Forge items, to be honest.

Then @MultiLockOn could go nuts and pump out dev-quality maps, especially since the Forge team's looking at increasing the object limit and optimizing scripting.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have so much respect for @@Ramirez77 for putting up with this bullshit day in and day out...

3DkMXL1.png

About yesterdays stream, I just skipped through it yet but Riptide looks quite all right actually! And I like how Bravo actually goes through the next weeks telling us what to expect from updates and so one but one thing about that sneak preview, is that really an all new, not-remixed maps they showed? Or in other words, is it just another UNSC maps?! the AR skins looks good though

And Bravo refers to the Mk. V Alpha as the "classic armor", so we should neot expect a real HCE armor and they acutally screwed that up I guess :wutface:

Not entirely proud of how that thread eventually ended up, but yeah.  Will never understand why some people defend the AR to their graves.

On a positive note I'm pretty excited for Riptide.  What does everyone else think about it?

Also, holy shit, that forge map...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd rather have the next few upcoming maps be Forge canvases with packs of new Forge items, to be honest.

Don't relieve them of their responsibility toward giving us dev maps. Dev maps ALWAYS have a higher ceiling than Forge maps for both playability and aesthetics. 

If they weren't such fickle idiots, they would find a way to make it work. If they just suck collectively at making maps, have Forge competitions to see whose maps can be remade into dev maps, hell make them PAID competitions. There's so many ways of both embracing community content as well as adhering to their responsibilities as developers. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

How about you wait till you can place the H2BR? :halo:

Are you working on a new video? I enjoyed what you've been doing thus far

When I'm extremely bored I look for comments like "well H5 is the best Halo, I know because an I have played every other Halo day one" just to point out that they mostly have no track record before Reach/maybe <200 games on H3 :ghost:

so funny seeing the whole waypoint crew go "ohh that proves nothing" I've heard the neighbour of my best friends cousin has made a new account for every new Halo as well" :kappa:

I'm focusing on my forge maps now.  After this map is posted then I will post episode 4 :)

Man that is so badass

Thank you!

Awesome! I really love the aesthetic, as well as the Reaper thing. Seems like a more natural way for the player to keep time rather than sick a countdown timer on everything, while still retaining the skillful aspect.

Hope it turns out well!

That's the idea :P

Holy shit that is well forged. I'll make sure to try and get a game or 2 on it.

I'll let you know the second it's done. Should be any day now.

First off.. let me play this thing now. I promise Im sweaty enough. Dripping.

Second.. go work at 343 now. Like start walking there now.

Third.. I got really excited for a second thinking this was a new 343 map revealed on the stream that was some coliseum remix or something. I am dissapoint. But still pumped to see this. May as well be a dev map by the look/sound of it.

If a @@Sal1ent gives me a job I'll pack up and move there overnight lol

Jesus dude, the map looks insane. I can definitely see some of the verticality you were talking about too. I might be a little busy over the weekend, but at soon as it's ready to test, I'm 100% down to run a bunch of games on it. In fact, I'm pretty excited for it. There's a lot of really cool concepts in it that other maps have never tried.

When time comes, I'll be sure to drop appropriate feedback to help make it the best it can be. It already shows that a lot of effort has gone into it.

Sounds good! Thanks man :)

Then @MultiLockOn could go nuts and pump out dev-quality maps, especially since the Forge team's looking at increasing the object limit and optimizing scripting.

<3

@@MultiLockOn, I will try and test your map ASAP. Been busy with looking for a team, might be working etc.

Your map does look really nice.

Thanks bb

Dev maps ALWAYS have a higher ceiling than Forge maps for both playability and aesthetics. 

Basically Overgrowth > My map

Kidding, but you're 100% right.

Basically Overgrowth > My map

Kidding, but you're 100% right.

Sprint + thrust + spartan charge = the skilliest Halo of all time

So, decided to possibly ruin childhoods by mashing together Halo 5's trailer, and Halo 3's E3 2006 trailer audio, due to how similar they actually are. It's a mockup, and of course, not "full" since I just wanted to dabble with this, but meh. Have fun.

• Upvote (+1) 4

People might consider it heresy for me to mash up Halo 5 and Halo 3. That's what I mean. :P

People on here consider Halo 3 heresy as well so I don't think it matters

People might consider it heresy for me to mash up Halo 5 and Halo 3. That's what I mean. :P

Halo 5: Finish the fight