CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Can't get over how good these look.

I just wish that the quality of the forge objects had more detail. Everything looks so ashy

Here's some Halo Science.

The new Battle Rifle has the same fire rate as the standard Battle Rifle and thus, should have a very similar or identical kill time.

The reload speed is around 1 second, around the same as the standard BR.

(Source: I sat down and counted frames)

Banned for an hour because I lost connection right when it said victory it happens 3/7 games I play... But my connection was completely fine the entire game and when I hit the menu button in the lobby it showed the stats of that game. What the fuck

• Upvote (+1) 1

my Extinctions bring all the boys to the yard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xn3R9_8dTA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfXJVm4TgSo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xlH9-5s7EM

It's amazing seeing such intense gameplay coming from one of the maps I co-created. Shit, man. This is great.

• Upvote (+1) 3

*crouch walks into thread ready to spray texts*

Know this feel since I basically abandoned Arena for this reason. Party restrictions or some sort of search thing, placing TO1's and TO2's with other 1's and 2's, etc would just be perfect.

like what halo 3 did...................in 2007? 

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's amazing seeing such intense gameplay coming from one of the maps I co-created. Shit, man. This is great.

Your map is pretty fun. The map with Green fog all over it is also freaking solid. Highrise is meh, and I played one that was pretty terrible that was wide open. Havoc is also fun.

Just hypothetically speaking would Oddball be even good on any of the Halo 5 disc maps?

Definitely, Rig would have dope setups in Bunker, Tower, Carbine, and has a lot of unique ways to play ball. Eden would be amazing for rotations, Truth might be a little too easy to hold a setup but I think there are plenty of maps worthy of Oddball.

Your map is pretty fun. The map with Green fog all over it is also freaking solid. Highrise is meh, and I played one that was pretty terrible that was wide open. Havoc is also fun.

Havoc and Canal are fantastic IMO. Apparition (fog), and Pylon are also pretty good. The rest range from meh to pretty bad.

Simulation and Highrise are just a mess though

Super unclear but possibly good news? Perhaps this means the 6 BTB maps were counted as DLC in the 18+ count.

@@Sal1ent a yes or a no answer on this one would be  :flames:  :simms:  :holmes:

I have so much respect for @@Ramirez77 for putting up with this bullshit day in and day out...

3DkMXL1.png

About yesterdays stream, I just skipped through it yet but Riptide looks quite all right actually! And I like how Bravo actually goes through the next weeks telling us what to expect from updates and so one but one thing about that sneak preview, is that really an all new, not-remixed maps they showed? Or in other words, is it just another UNSC maps?! the AR skins looks good though

And Bravo refers to the Mk. V Alpha as the "classic armor", so we should neot expect a real HCE armor and they acutally screwed that up I guess :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Oh hey, they confirmed a super-customizable "ball" mode.

Who was the guy who suggested it a few days ago?

It me.

This looks incredible! Is it ready to download?

Not yet, working with spawns, lighting, weapon/ nade placement, and some scripting stuff still.

It'll be out Feb 28th.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Was said yesterday but I feel really annoyed on how they described Fiesta last night as this entirely unique mode when all it needs is a "Random Weapon" option, and they've added options into custom games in prior updates. I mean unless it's something insane like adding in all of the different variants from Warzone and having the potential to spawn with a power up then I see no reason why to not include this option in the update next week and release the playlist for next week's Weekend Social.

I'm just disappointed that there was no mention of something like Infection but yet they hype up Fiesta like that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

DC is pretty meh. Elimination was a completely different game mode than breakout, and was much more permissive of the type of design risks Solo took with that map. Solo and Seth consistently impress me with their visual choices, but it always seems to me that they'd rather make a bad map that's interesting and pretty than a boring map that plays flawlessly.

I can agree to that because everyone and their grandma loved Oversoul (includes me too), but I don't think it was a great map per se.

Also, I just like Dead Center's simplicity, but perhaps it is a little too lacking.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lock on I can probably get most of my team to do like a 3 or 5 game series. Bunnies streams so you can watch him streaming it as well probably, I'll ask him today when I talk to him for you if he can play

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lock on I can probably get most of my team to do like a 3 or 5 game series. Bunnies streams so you can watch him streaming it as well probably, I'll ask him today when I talk to him for you if he can play

Sounds awesome! But not just yet! :P it still needs a few more touches, give me like.. 3 more days :) add me on Xbox and we'll talk!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have so much respect for @@Ramirez77 for putting up with this bullshit day in and day out...

3DkMXL1.png

About yesterdays stream, I just skipped through it yet but Riptide looks quite all right actually! And I like how Bravo actually goes through the next weeks telling us what to expect from updates and so one but one thing about that sneak preview, is that really an all new, not-remixed maps they showed? Or in other words, is it just another UNSC maps?! the AR skins looks good though

And Bravo refers to the Mk. V Alpha as the "classic armor", so we should neot expect a real HCE armor and they acutally screwed that up I guess :wutface:

this is why I don't use my actual gamer tag on waypoint, fucking idiots will stat track you to try and prove a non existent point.

I could but I've already filled out enough corporate paperwork for one day.

Monday then?

This aiming thing is kind of a big deal.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Sounds awesome! But not just yet! :P it still needs a few more touches, give me like.. 3 more days :) add me on Xbox and we'll talk!

How about you wait till you can place the H2BR? :halo: 

Are you working on a new video? I enjoyed what you've been doing thus far

this is why I don't use my actual gamer tag on waypoint, fucking idiots will stat track you to try and prove a non existent point.

When I'm extremely bored I look for comments like "well H5 is the best Halo, I know because an I have played every other Halo day one" just to point out that they mostly have no track record before Reach/maybe <200 games on H3 :ghost:

so funny seeing the whole waypoint crew go "ohh that proves nothing" I've heard the neighbour of my best friends cousin has made a new account for every new Halo as well" :kappa:

Last time I was actually on Waypoint, stat tracking was heresy and even mentioning it was grounds for banning. Have they changed that much since then?