CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I wish I could play this fucking game.

Anybody here play halo on a 8-10 mbps connection?

How is your latency/ping? Noticeable? Horrendous? Or just fine?

All I need is a hardline to my Xbox and that's it. Nothing else on the connection. Just want to know if it's good enough for a good connection with no lag.

My best case ping for local severs is 30ms which is 2/3 times more then best-potential. In terms of my experience with Halo, it's about the same as the other shooters, wildly inconsistent, ranging from decent to unplayable. Some of it has to do with poor quality local servers, poor quality Australian ADSL, and a poor quality modem. There are sometimes when all the good conditions are met, and it's the servers that let me down, but it's not the main problem overall.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Hopefully this isn't too much venting but I'm starting to really just dislike team games a ton, competition wise and just MM wise for H5 and shooters in general.

Competing in this game is by far the most ludicrous and stupid thing I have done when it comes to tournament play for any sort of hobby. Literally to compete you have to make a bunch of threads to be like "Hey im a F/A pick me up plz", advertise yourself, etc like its some damn job interview for a video game. Then even after that job interview, you have to essentially do try outs, which I bet you, you will not be happy with any of those prospects. Most of the time players attitudes get really stupid, they just don't mesh well. I can hold Ls, am not salty for the most part and generally give positive vibes while playing. While most competitive Halo players rage, don't communicate well, playstyles don't mesh well, etc etc you essentially have 3 major factors that you have quite honestly no control of, whether that is MM or in tournament play.Not to mention the huge amount of shadyness the community has in general, lots of talking behind others backs. It's so hard to find a group of 3 people who have personalities that fit your needs for a team. the playstyles mesh well and communication is solid. It's honestly the hardest thing unless you have been friends with the others for years and randomly decided to team.

MM is terrible as well. It's a lottery shoot with randoms as the whole other team might have mics, one might have an off day on your team (or yourself), it's too many factors that you cant control.

Thankfully I have a team that is practically the closest thing I have to a dream team but even finding a 4th was stupid and the FPS/TPS communities are all so ego based it can get ridiculous. So overall I'm happy but the other times feel ridiculous when it comes to leveling up your game in a team game.

Wow, this is exactly how I felt this past year. I pretty much gave up any hope in competing in Halo because of that. I would try out for your team because I never get salty if I lose and it is hard to find 3 others with the same personality and around the same skill level that is willing to team but unfortunately I'm still having major lag issues when playing so I won't be much use and it doesn't seem that 343 has any interest of fixing that anytime soon. I feel games that require individual skill are much more consistent which is probably why I've been slowly drifting away from competive Halo and more to competitive Smash Bros and attempting to become good at SFV when it releases even though I have a lot of learning to do due to being new to the SF scene.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's arbitrary enough for him to keep going back to it. 

Are you confirming that the aiming will never get fixed? So I can stop worrying about it and look for someone to buy my Xbox?

• Upvote (+1) 2

O7f9wC1.png

I know right? It's very sad to see such a long term and dedicated Halo fan have to resort to this over something so simple. They even had it right during the beta, which makes it so much worse. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't get why you are bashing Society. A very large portion of people on these forums companion about the aiming all the time. It's not just him not "adapting" it's a legitimate issue. Hell I still haven't even found a good setting yet. I switch every week. The aiming system is a problem for a lot of people and we just want to know if 343 plans on changing it back to te old system.

It's arbitrary enough for him to keep going back to it.

Diagonal aim sensitivity or acceleration is vastly different from that of vertical/horizontal and IMO is the cause of people's frustration. Will this be addressed at some point?

We get someone from 343 to respond to a post about the aiming and it's "git gud". I hope he got the go-ahead from the higher ups to post that. 

No other community would lay down this much for the developers over such a big issue. Not even Valve is immune to insanely harsh criticisms over certain decisions. If more gaming communities were as bad as Halo's community we would have paid mods and CS would have tons of noncompetitive features. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills in that so many people seem okay with the current state of Halo. Our game is dying but since pubstomping in Warzone is fun I guess it's all good, right? 

I enjoy coming to these forums and interacting with everyone in an official way when (when appropriate) and more so, in a non-official capacity. I have long time friends on these forums and ones I've made quite recently. There are things that I don't know the answer to and aren't in a position to go around asking for, but I still want to be here. I'm sorry if me saying "git gud" rubbed you the wrong way, just saying I hear you brotha.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

Diagonal aim sensitivity or acceleration is vastly different from that of vertical/horizontal and IMO is the cause of people's frustration. Will this be addressed at some point?

I can promise you, it's not the diagonal aim sens or accel. It's the aim smoothing and weird sens jump that happens. http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=42461.0

I still don't understand the problem with the aiming. Maybe I just don't feel it cause such small things don't impact me. I once accidentally changed my settings so that looking up and down was inverted by mistake. I didn't realize until my brother tried to play.

Now if only they had textures :/

Which a lot of forgers actually don't want. Cause it makes certain pieces harder to blend. But there are some pieces with textures.

I still don't understand the problem with the aiming. Maybe I just don't feel it cause such small things don't impact me. I once accidentally changed my settings so that looking up and down was inverted by mistake. I didn't realize until my brother tried to play.

I refuse to believe that! Like, how? Can you tell the difference between a picture and a movie? 

• Upvote (+1) 6

We get someone from 343 to respond to a post about the aiming and it's "git gud". I hope he got the go-ahead from the higher ups to post that. 

No other community would lay down this much for the developers over such a big issue. Not even Valve is immune to insanely harsh criticisms over certain decisions. If more gaming communities were as bad as Halo's community we would have paid mods and CS would have tons of noncompetitive features. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills in that so many people seem okay with the current state of Halo. Our game is dying but since pubstomping in Warzone is fun I guess it's all good, right? 

Edit: Okay, stir the pot, but can you at least find out or tell us if the aiming is being talked about in a non dismissive way over there? I care about Halo like no other game franchise and it's beyond frustrating not wanting to play over something as simple as the aiming. 

Seriously this; everyone seems to lose their shit whenever a couple guys here are overly vitriolic and abrasive in their posts. Our community then proceeds to blame them for the lack of communication. lol.

I then go over to Riot's forums and see employees typing responses to death threats written by angry fans because one champion's ultimate is too OP: "We are sorry you feel this way about this champion's ult. The damage was set a little higher than it should have been because reasons X, Y, and Z, and the issue will be fixed in the very next patch coming out in five days."

And we're still grovelling over that one post by Rolf. /facepalm

Sometimes I feel like the Halo community is the laughingstock of gaming communities.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I really don't think its that. I'm fairly certain that it's simply the sensitivity curve.

The annoying thing is is that this IS a big issue, one that they created after the beta, and is something very real that many people hate.

THEY KNOW it's present, they know the change they made to the aiming messed a lot of people up and they haven't done or said anything about the actual problem. I'm not putting any onus on heytred, he's had no responsibility for this and I love his community shenanigans.

But I'm sure he understands that this is a serious issue for some people that has had ZERO acknowledgement from any of his company. I made a big post about it tagging @@Sal1ent, and as expected got no response, I've tried to get people who don't feel the problem understand what it is, done my bit.

I've played console shooters since primary school, and a fair variety. On release some people said it was wonky, I felt it on my first step into campaign. I've been playing a lot of blops3 lately and boy do I feel it coming back to Halo 5. Clunky and broken, from a fucked up sens curve to over compensate some stupid shit Eric felt from the beta, god bless him.

That's all, just some acknowledgement. Cheers :ghost:

• Upvote (+1) 3

I refuse to believe that! Like, how? Can you tell the difference between a picture and a movie?

Well yea. Cause one is moving. I just don't think about the controller when playing games. Actually I don't even pay attention to the game. I go into this like trance where my body makes decisions for itself. I'm a very odd person.

The acceleration stuff is the major issue but diagonal aiming is still awkward as shit. It's multiple things. I even feel like vertical aiming doesn't accelerate consistently either. Whatever it is I wish they would revert it to the way it was in the beta. Casual players won't care it even notice probably, and hardcore players will love it.

Aiming is the thing you do 100% of the time in an FPS game. If that system feels bad then how can people enjoy the actual game?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Seriously this; everyone seems to lose their shit whenever a couple guys here are overly vitriolic and abrasive in their posts. Our community then proceeds to blame them for the lack of communication. lol.

I then go over to Riot's forums and see employees typing responses to death threats written by angry fans because one champion's ultimate is too OP: "We are sorry you feel this way about this champion's ult. The damage was set a little higher than it should have been because reasons X, Y, and Z, and the issue will be fixed in the very next patch coming out in five days."

And we're still grovelling over that one post by Rolf. /facepalm

Sometimes I feel like the Halo community is the laughingstock of gaming communities.

So what your saying is I should sink to the level of a five year old and spew death threats at 343? I'm good.
  • Downvote (-1) 6