CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Playing swat right now and some people don't know about the slide boost so I just fly like a speed demon while the peasants below watch. Feels amazing haha

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Playing swat right now and some people don't know about the slide boost so I just fly like a speed demon while the peasants below watch. Feels amazing haha

Enjoy it while it lasts

Why did I think of Phoon when you said speed demon? hahaha

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why did I think of Phoon when you said speed demon? hahaha

I wanted to say I felt like phoon haha didn't know if anyone would get it

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hopefully this isn't too much venting but I'm starting to really just dislike team games a ton, competition wise and just MM wise for H5 and shooters in general.

Competing in this game is by far the most ludicrous and stupid thing I have done when it comes to tournament play for any sort of hobby. Literally to compete you have to make a bunch of threads to be like "Hey im a F/A pick me up plz", advertise yourself, etc like its some damn job interview for a video game. Then even after that job interview, you have to essentially do try outs, which I bet you, you will not be happy with any of those prospects. Most of the time players attitudes get really stupid, they just don't mesh well. I can hold Ls, am not salty for the most part and generally give positive vibes while playing. While most competitive Halo players rage, don't communicate well, playstyles don't mesh well, etc etc you essentially have 3 major factors that you have quite honestly no control of, whether that is MM or in tournament play.Not to mention the huge amount of shadyness the community has in general, lots of talking behind others backs. It's so hard to find a group of 3 people who have personalities that fit your needs for a team. the playstyles mesh well and communication is solid. It's honestly the hardest thing unless you have been friends with the others for years and randomly decided to team.

MM is terrible as well. It's a lottery shoot with randoms as the whole other team might have mics, one might have an off day on your team (or yourself), it's too many factors that you cant control. 

Thankfully I have a team that is practically the closest thing I have to a dream team but even finding a 4th was stupid and the FPS/TPS communities are all so ego based it can get ridiculous. So overall I'm happy but the other times feel ridiculous when it comes to leveling up your game in a team game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone on now? My friends and I might play some Warzone?

Anyone on now? My friends and I might play some Warzone?

Yeah, had enough Blops 3 for the day anyway

Yeah, had enough Blops 3 for the day anyway

Invite sent.

Overgrowth would actually be a 8.5/10 map if it was pistols only. Just enough paths to outsmart your opponent, not enough paths to beat your opponent because they can't keep track of all the different ways you could come from.

I would also shrink the map and get rid of sprint to speed up combat. You would actually be able to keep track of where your opponents might be and it would be an interesting mental chess battle.

Overgrowth isn't really a bad map. It kind of reminds me of Chill Out from Halo 1 in terms of out smarting your opponent and flanking. The weapons currently make it a 3/10 map. Didn't Bungie test Stand Off from Halo 3 with a sniper at one point? Adding a shotgun and a sword is the same thing as adding a sniper to Stand Off.

Also, best part of the night, @@heytred and @@Moa interacting with Owen Wilson in Warzone.

To put my mind at peace I actually looked to see on the Internet to see if there was anything about Owen Wilson playing halo as a hobby of his. It sounded exactly like him lol.

Where can I find some cool custom games like jumping puzzles or that warm up CTF gametype?

I wish we had a Warzone map that looked like this:

109073-hi.jpg

It's from the achievement "Castle Crasher". 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wish I could play this fucking game.

Anybody here play halo on a 8-10 mbps connection?

How is your latency/ping? Noticeable? Horrendous? Or just fine?

All I need is a hardline to my Xbox and that's it. Nothing else on the connection. Just want to know if it's good enough for a good connection with no lag.

So I surpassed my goal this season of reaching Onyx in a playlist. I ended up reaching Onyx in Slayer, Arena, and FFA after the fix to the placements.

Pretty proud of that. I think next season I'll aim to push my CSR up as high as possible in Team Arena since I enjoy it the most.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Where can I find some cool custom games like jumping puzzles or that warm up CTF gametype?

Look on Reddit, there's a google docs in r/Forge that has a big compendium of maps created by the community and sorted by style.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wish I could play this fucking game.

Anybody here play halo on a 8-10 mbps connection?

How is your latency/ping? Noticeable? Horrendous? Or just fine?

All I need is a hardline to my Xbox and that's it. Nothing else on the connection. Just want to know if it's good enough for a good connection with no lag.

I play on a ~2 mbps connection at home (yes, I mean megabit not megabyte) and its fine.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Look on Reddit, there's a google docs in r/Forge that has a big compendium of maps created by the community and sorted by style.

Thanks! I appreciate it.

A Warzone map that's literally a warzone?

Well that's just silly.

109073-hi.jpg

It's from the achievement "Castle Crasher". 

aside from the location itself the evening/night timed scene would really be refreshing and change the gameplay

Can I be invited to the company?

Im pretty sure you have to go to the Beyond Company page and put a request in. It looks like we have 1 slot open right now.