CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

If they ever fix the aiming I am positive that it would necessitate a substantial bullet magnetism nerf in and of itself. If you've ever watched the Angry Video Game Nerd chances are you've heard him complain (rightfully) that games that are artificially difficult as a result of broken controls are frustrating as fuck. I want to play a shooter with legitimately challenging shooting mechanics and gunplay, pleaserino.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You cannot possibly think this game has the population to support that many playlists. It doesn't have enough as it is for high Onyx players. It didn't have enough for high Onyx/Champion less than a month after release.

H4 had roughly this many playlists a year after launch, I had zero problems finding games in almost all playlists ... even H3 currently has more playlists than H5 and games are findable (though it was better before H5 dropped)

in other words, the problem is the matchmaking algorithm for Onyx/Champion, not player population

Pretty sure if we are getting Grifball for our next gametype, the only other gametype we could modify out if it is Ricochet. Can't trust the devs to properly create simple things.

So I was thinking today about how it would potentially be really interesting if there was a REQ marketplace in Halo.

For people that are familiar with FIFA's game mode "Ultimate Team", I would picture it being somewhat like their system. For those that aren't familiar with it, it's basically an area where you can list cards you find in packs (gold, silver, bronze) for auction with a buy now option.

For example, someone that finds Lionel Messi (I assume most people know who this is) in a pack would post him up for auction with the bid starting at something close to a million points and a buy now option at about 1.5 million due to the rarity of the card.

To translate it in terms of how it could work in Halo, lets use a Nornfang as an example. Say you find it in a REQ pack, rather than wanting to use it once in a game, you could put it up for auction in the marketplace starting at something like 80k REQ points (using these #'s for explanation sake) and have be up for 24 hours of bidding. People that are interested in finding a Nornfang could go to the marketplace and bid on the card rather than buying packs hoping to find one. Now some would say, why spend all those REQ points on one card when you can open packs and receive a number of potential valuable cards. I'd say it all depends on the player and their preferences.

So people that still need a ways to go to complete their REQ collection could have the option of selling off that first ultra rare or Legendary REQ cert to get more pts for gold packs while the player that just wants certain REQ cards has an option to collect REQ pts and purchase exactly what they want.

Some sort of variant of a Halo marketplace like that, I think, would add a whole other aspect to connecting the Halo community as it relates to Warzone/Warzone assault game types. Obviously, this is way more of a pipe dream than anything else but hey, like they said in Angels in the Outfield:

image.png

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'll catch flak for this but Infection/Grifball really should come before competitive game types. Entire communities are rendered useless whereas the competitive community (relative to the others) is the healthiest right now. Infection should have really come with Forge and I can't help but feel bad for the Grifball scene.

I agree to an extent. I mean all we really need is the gametypes thay can support those modes. I can't speak much for infection, but Grifball for the majority existed in its own social community, holding internal tournaments and map creations. The actual Grifball playlist in Reach was used as a stat padding playlist more than anything. If they just give people gravity hammer starts and assault, the Grifball community will thrive again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pretty sure if we are getting Grifball for our next gametype, the only other gametype we could modify out if it is Ricochet. Can't trust the devs to properly create simple things.

How does that even make sense? Grifball = Assault... not Ricochet...

Funnily enough, the Grifball community started using Ricochet for Grifball tournaments late in Halo 4's life.

So I was thinking today about how it would potentially be really interesting if there was a REQ marketplace in Halo.

For people that are familiar with FIFA's game mode "Ultimate Team", I would picture it being somewhat like their system. For those that aren't familiar with it, it's basically an area where you can list cards you find in packs (gold, silver, bronze) for auction with a buy now option.

For example, someone that finds Lionel Messi (I assume most people know who this is) in a pack would post him up for auction with the bid starting at something close to a million points and a buy now option at about 1.5 million due to the rarity of the card.

To translate it in terms of how it could work in Halo, lets use a Nornfang as an example. Say you find it in a REQ pack, rather than wanting to use it once in a game, you could put it up for auction in the marketplace starting at something like 80k REQ points (using these #'s for explanation sake) and have be up for 24 hours of bidding. People that are interested in finding a Nornfang could go to the marketplace and bid on the card rather than buying packs hoping to find one. Now some would say, why spend all those REQ points on one card when you can open packs and receive a number of potential valuable cards. I'd say it all depends on the player and their preferences.

So people that still need a ways to go to complete their REQ collection could have the option of selling off that first ultra rare or Legendary REQ cert to get more pts for gold packs while the player that just wants certain REQ cards has an option to collect REQ pts and purchase exactly what they want.

Some sort of variant of a Halo marketplace like that, I think, would add a whole other aspect to connecting the Halo community as it relates to Warzone/Warzone assault game types. Obviously, this is way more of a pipe dream than anything else but hey, like they said in Angels in the Outfield:

image.png

what the fuck vzkq30L.png

No DELETE this post these are the ideas 343 would actually think are good 7ymFBMzl.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tells him to delete the post but quotes it twice.

ot42bOq.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

I wouldn't want a marketplace like Ultimate Team. UT is AIDS incarnated.

You want a CS GO marketplace. That is where the money is.

I wouldn't want a marketplace like Ultimate Team. UT is AIDS incarnated.

You want a CS GO marketplace. That is where the money is.

How is it different?

How is it different?

UT uses real money to buy fake currency, which kills gambling.

CS uses real money for ingame items, so items actually have real worth, hence the thriving skin scene. This can be applied to REQ's. It would boom.

Tells him to delete the post but quotes it twice.

ot42bOq.gif

AAAAAAAnd here comes a mod to make moa's post redundant 

• Upvote (+1) 1

UT uses real money to buy fake currency, which kills gambling.

CS uses real money for ingame items, so items actually have real worth, hence the thriving skin scene. This can be applied to REQ's. It would boom.

But who would pay for a weapon of one time use? 

I think he's talking in terms of skins. Let people buy and sell them for real life money. 

REQ weapons would remain as is.

I think he's talking in terms of skins. Let people buy and sell them for real life money. 

Let the community create skins as well, and then the top voted get put in the game. Same with maps. Potentially with Armour too?

Become one with the CS Marketplace.

Depends on the price. If I could buy a Phaeton for a quarter, I'd buy them in bulk.

I've seen it come up a time or two thay people would pay money for the actual armor sets they wanted too.

Ah, so in CS do people make there own skins and sell them or does Valve release limited skins?

Let the community create skins as well, and then the top voted get put in the game. Same with maps. Potentially with Armour too?

Arising has already designed several H5 skins thay I'd throw money at. They trump some of these clown skins 343 has been putting out.

Ah, so in CS do people make there own skins and sell them or does Valve release limited skins?

I think there are community competitions for skins and Valve chooses popular ones?

I think there are community competitions for skins and Valve chooses popular ones?

People make skins all the time, and Valve see the coolest ones and add them in their bi-monthly updates in the new cases.

Armour would be difficult. With their being one hitbox, you wouldn't want to have some chunky fat armour that is much larger than the hitbox, allowing people to shoot through a shoulder or something.

If it's anything like how Valve handles DOTA2 skins, you can buy community created skins from the author, but only you will see them on yourself. But if it's one Valve adopts, then everyone can see them, they go into the valve store, and the author gets a percentage of the sales.

If it's anything like how Valve handles DOTA2 skins, you can buy community created skins from the author, but only you will see them on yourself. But if it's one Valve adopts, then everyone can see them, they go into the valve store, and the author gets a percentage of the sales.

True, it would be dope in Halo 6 if you would be able to design weapon skins like in BLOPS, although that might be too much work, theater wouldn't be available at launch for a few months imo.

So like maybe integrating Halo with PC? Get people to model skins or the like and the best get in there?

Would be dope