CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

well selecting social or ranked for playlists is a struggle for them...

Yeah.... That logic was so ass backwards "play customs or FFA"

-_-

So I was having a thought before my C course...

What if there was a variant of Warzone where One team had to protect a VIP while the other team had to hunt out the VIP before they can reach the extraction point. If this sounds alot like Cops and Robbers from GTA IV, well it is.

I think this would work well with certain limitations in play, but the large size of Warzone maps could facilitate this sort of hide and seek game-type with REQs providing a sort of team meta in protecting or attacking a VIP.

Very interesting idea. I feel like it'd be much better on a map that's larger in terms of length, rather than wide and long, though. Like A.R.C or Stormbreak, over Noctus or Raid on Apex 7. It's very easy to reach either end of the map of Noctus or Raid within 30-45 seconds of the game starting, and even on foot, it's still horrendously easy to reach either end. 

yes, i dont care for it. :)

i rank it up there with swat... useless pointless gametypes.

Thousands of people will disagree with you. Which just so happens to be less than the average people that will play Oddball or King of the Hill on a regular basis :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

kV41BTR.jpg

it was so hard to do.

You cannot possibly think this game has the population to support that many playlists. It doesn't have enough as it is for high Onyx players. It didn't have enough for high Onyx/Champion less than a month after release.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You cannot possibly think this game has the population to support that many playlists. It doesn't have enough as it is for high Onyx players.

social is social, join in progress, wouldn't hurt anything in my opinion. the other ranked ones are already in place.

or do away with ranked btb, just keep it for social.

-snip-

it was so hard to do.

Social doubles seems kind of redundant when there's social slayer. If you have a party of two and just want to play and relax, why not just play Social Slayer? Developers always try to have the least playlist possible for obvious reasons, here's my revised list

Ranked

• Team Arena (no Breakout, thus Team Slayer isn't needed)
  • Team Objective
  • Team Doubles
  • FFA
  • Breakout

Social

• BTB
  • Team Social (also serves as a testing ground for Forge variants)
  • FFA
  • SWAT
  • Infection (when it's added according to the sustain plan)
  • Action Sack
  • Upvote (+1) 1

social is social, join in progress, wouldn't hurt anything in my opinion. the other ranked ones are already in place.

or do away with ranked btb, just keep it for social.

But they'd have to remove the hidden social ranks that they will never admit exist in the first place.

• Upvote (+1) 1

But they'd have to remove the hidden social ranks that they will never admit exist in the first place.

Pretty sure they have stated that MMR is in place for Social

what's mmr?

mandatory matching rank?

matchmaking rank?

my matching rank?

Must have missed thay debrief.

Still it begs the question, why?

It makes sense in a high population game, sure. Segregate the swrious players from the goofballs. But as previously stated, the current playlists are barely sustainable at a high level. I've seen reports of 10 minute+ queue times for BTB.

Well, just played another game where I was the only person whose REQs didn't work. Pistol vs literally everything is a freaking nightmare.

This is aggravating when this happens

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll catch flak for this but Infection/Grifball really should come before competitive game types. Entire communities are rendered useless whereas the competitive community (relative to the others) is the healthiest right now. Infection should have really come with Forge and I can't help but feel bad for the Grifball scene.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Social doubles seems kind of redundant when there's social slayer. If you have a party of two and just want to play and relax, why not just play Social Slayer? Developers always try to have the least playlist possible for obvious reasons, here's my revised list

Ranked

• Team Arena (no Breakout, thus Team Slayer isn't needed)
  • Team Objective
  • Team Doubles
  • FFA
  • Breakout

Social

• BTB
  • Team Social (also serves as a testing ground for Forge variants)
  • FFA
  • SWAT
  • Infection (when it's added according to the sustain plan)
  • Action Sack

being conservative you could trim team objective off that and make it the drawcard for arena, make action sack a weekend only playlist and team social just called social slayer since it's more recognizable, much like reach still make it a testing ground for forge maps, though i can't trust 343 with prompt map rotation / omission for community made maps tbh, i'd love to play team snipers though i'm not fond of it in h5.

I'll catch flak for this but Infection/Grifball really should come before competitive game types. Entire communities are rendered useless whereas the competitive community (relative to the others) is the healthiest right now. Infection should have really come with Forge and I can't help but feel bad for the Grifball scene.

No flak, I agree. Still, if Grifball is introduced then I don't see why Assault can't be brought in at the same time considering that Grifball was a derivative of Assault. This way, the Casual and Competitive side both get something new to play with.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No flak, I agree. Still, if Grifball is introduced then I don't see why Assault can't be brought in at the same time considering that Grifball was a derivative of Assault. This way, the Casual and Competitive side both get something new to play with.

100%

If they play it smart 343 can kill two birds with one stone. Ironically I think Assault is the least important of the Obj. game types we used to have but if it means they can deliver more game types quicker then hopefully we get the Assault/Grifball combo soon.

that's great!!!

I believe matchmaking rating? Someone else can clarify

Completely agree.

I believe matchmaking rating? Someone else can clarify

Completely agree.

Correct