CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

They already do the intro shit and brofisting at the end. They should at least go all out and let us pick our into music for each game.

"WWEEEELLLLL, WELL ITS THE BIG SHOW!"

You know that idea right there is gold just watching the intro with music is more fun than Halo 5 altogether.

LOL at all the people who actually think 343 will actually listen and fix things... They have been hearing for years that sprint shouldn't be in halo, and that you should spawn with a precision weapon... First thing we get in h5 is sprint..

• Upvote (+1) 5

Jesus Christ this twitch chat is fucking awful all these kids complaining about people complaining and saying it needs to "evolve".

Bro Don't even bother looking at that shit 

Beyond is all you need and this community actually matters....

• Upvote (+1) 1

The more I look at twitch streams the more I realize a lot fo these kids aren't even hardcore halo fans, just fans of shooters. People saying shit like "the game has to change", "it cant stay the same", "we need new things in halo"...clearly don't give a fuck about halo.

look i am for no sprint forever but is real that halo needs an influx of fresh people for a lot of reason...if you are an hardcore halo fan you understand this.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

imagine if bungie never got tired of making halo games and didn't plan on making destiny while using reach to beta test it's features....

sigh

I fuckin hate sprint

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Dota disagrees.

As someone who has probably more experience with Dota than 99% of the people on this forum, I have no idea why Dota (and mobas) is so popular. They have made me hate people like no game ever had, yet I can stop playing them.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

As someone who has probably more experience with Dota than 99% of the people on this forum, I have no idea why Dota (and mobas) is so popular. They have made me hate people like no game ever had, yet I can stop playing them.

That's how I feel about LoL. Fucking worst community, but the game is so good it hurts. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Any possibility that it's a honey moon phase?  like seriously, did you feel this way when H4 came out?

Or will you be feeling this at the end of the beta too?

H4 was pretty depressing. The only thing I enjoyed was getting double XP because of Doritos and grinding SR.

I genuinely believe in this game's potential.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

AR for me seems too powerful but only just a bit, especially with smart scope.

Sprint, honestly I find myself not really using it now i've settled in.

Ground pound, only accidentally use it when i jump and try to crouch....crouch jumping = ruined

Thruster seems a bit toooo powerful, takes you a bit too far especially with sprint combined.

Clamber is cool, it works on empire but I hardly use it on Truth.

• Upvote (+1) 3

look i am for no sprint forever but is real that halo needs an influx of fresh people for a lot of reason...if you are an hardcore halo fan you understand this.

where was this influx of fresh ppl during reach and halo 4? no one wants sprint in halo and the few that do really don't care if it's there or not. The ppl that will stick around and play this game for months, people in the casual and competitive community....don't want sprint. New players come and go, no matter the game, it takes more than shiny new features to keep them playing. You want to attract and keep new players? make a great HALO game. You try to mimic other games they are playing they will just play halo for a bit then go back to that other game with sprint.  You make a great HALO game that plays differently from that other game with sprint and they will enjoy and play it more because it's different. Halo 3 competed at the top of the xbl activity charts with COD 4 and MW2....those games would put halo reach and halo 4's body bags in a body bag, it wouldn't even be fair.

The MCC will have a bigger population than Halo 5. This is my coachmayne prediction for the future of halo.

• Upvote (+1) 5

imagine if bungie never got tired of making halo games and didn't plan on making destiny while using reach to beta test it's features....

sigh

I fuckin hate sprint

The last Halo games of Bungie were Destiny betas

Halo ODST with the Open world

Halo Reach with the Armor Abilities/Sprint

and still Destiny was underwhelming 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Right.

Because that totally worked when they implemented it in Halo 4/Reach oh wait..I think people need to face reality here casuals aren't going to flock to Halo because it has Sprint most of those kids are going to buy it play it for a week then return it so they can play the new COD game and never touch it again.

These aren't the people who 343 should be trying to appeal to it should be the people who will stick with the game for the long term but 343 seems more focused on getting that quick cash grab then anything else.

Watching this gameplay gives me a headache. Everything is so hyperactive and loud. Barely rocognizable as halo imo. They didn't even bring back the rocket launcher man.

• Upvote (+1) 1

sigh

I fuckin hate sprint

Bungie still would have fucking ruined it. Be real.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Glad I'm 500 miles away from my Xbox, this gameplay looks horrid and I'm honestly glad I'll be missing out on the majority of this beta..

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

LOL at all the people who actually think 343 will actually listen and fix things... They have been hearing for years that sprint shouldn't be in halo, and that you should spawn with a precision weapon... First thing we get in h5 is sprint..

And AR starts.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"I like the new spartan chatter"

"I like all of the new noises and the art style"

"The weapons feel realistic"

"The game looks so fast paced"

These are all real quotes I've either heard or read today. 

I have also concluded I am a "blinded by nostalgia" "H2 grandpa" who "only wants a H2/H3 DLC". 

Oh well. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

That's how I feel about LoL. Fucking worst community, but the game is so good it hurts. 

For such team based games Dota 2 and LoL both have such bad communities like 65% of the player base have such disgusting blaming 24/7 attitude.

EDIT: Just learned that they fucking changed Rocket Launcher Design into the GENERIC BULLSHIT we saw from the trailers before

Motherfucker! 343 stop changing shit that doesn't need changing for the sake of change.

Fucking Hell..... We don't fucking care what you think you see fit to Halo give us what we want and we will fucking buy....

Audio

Art Style

Mechanics 

All changed for fucking nothing.....

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bungie would have dropped Halo like a bad habit once Destiny released even if MS didn't buy Halo. Meaning no more games, no support for competitive Halo, no collections.

It just seems First Person Shooters are the "misc." category now. Halo CE, Halo 2 and Halo 3 are the most solid shooters to play.

I'll just be giving feedback for the betterment of Halo. Not for 343i but for Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know what my problem with Halo 5 is? If it was the first Halo game, I wouldn't be at all interested and I definitely wouldn't ever play it. It would be one among many other CoD ripoffs that I simply wouldn't pay any attention to. Trying to remain interested in this game is mentally exhausting, yet I couldn't help but be fascinated by the first 3 Halo games. There was a real excitement there.

I literally have no desire at all to play Halo 5's multiplayer now. If Campaign and Forge somehow manage to be uninteresting in H5, then I'm officially done.

And unlike with Halo 4, I wont be sitting around after Halo 5 hoping that Halo 6 is good. If Halo 5 is bad, then that's it.

Just played Vetoed on a US host while from the UK... 

about 2 of my bullets registered that whole game

But for real

It doesn't matter what you think give it 1 hour or 2 weeks game is trash either way.

I don't have to sit there with an open mind or whatever bullshit the people in denial these days are spewing to know it's gonna crumble,

343i have made two games well 1.1 (H4,MCC) and both games have spectacularly failed, why would anyone trust them after that lol.

I cannot wait till the new Call of Duty does it's usual thing and absolutely embarrasses Halo 5 in population,twitch numbers,sales everything and Halo 5 bombs like H4 I wonder what the 343i apologists will have as an excuse then?

• Upvote (+1) 4

sigh

I fuckin hate sprint

They were planning to turn H2 into a BF style game so no we wouldn't be better of.