Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Want to talk about luck? Ask Bungie about CE.  :kappa:

Vector_dis_gon_b_gud.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Want to talk about luck? Ask Bungie about CE. :kappa:

I don't know why you used kappa. It's true

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm just giving you a hard time. I've seen this exact same conversation on too many forums over the years to do it again. :halo:

Oh, I wasn't being sassy.

Meanwhile, I'm over here trying to ninja everyone in the game. 

That one guy's ragdoll going over the railing on the snowy Warzone map was hilarious.

DLC talk:

You know how in a game like Halo 4 the DLC maps were almost never played? You paid good money to access these maps with their gorgeous aesthetics, but you often couldn't play them because at least one person in the lobby didn't own it, or maybe people decided to vote for Haven for the fifth time in a row on a whim. Things are slightly different in Halo 5, however, because DLC is free (read: FREEE) and voting and veto options do not exist.

So here is my question: how many people in this thread would pay good money to have the opportunity not to play on certain maps in Halo 5?

I'm being completely serious--actually, about 89% serious. I imagine that you would be able to pay the equivalent of a gold REQ pack purchase "Anti-Overgrowth," a remix that would automatically neutralize the original map and prevent it from coming up ever again, if you so desired. Would people pay for this, or at least be tempted if given the option?

DLC talk:

You know how in a game like Halo 4 the DLC maps were almost never played? You paid good money to access these maps with their gorgeous aesthetics, but you often couldn't play them because at least one person in the lobby didn't own it, or maybe people decided to vote for Haven for the fifth time in a row on a whim. Things are slightly different in Halo 5, however, because DLC is free (read: FREEE) and voting and veto options do not exist.

So here is my question: how many people in this thread would pay good money to have the opportunity not to play on certain maps in Halo 5?

I'm being completely serious--actually, about 89% serious. I imagine that you would be able to pay the equivalent of a gold REQ pack purchase "Anti-Overgrowth," a remix that would automatically neutralize the original map and prevent it from coming up ever again, if you so desired. Would people pay for this, or at least be tempted if given the option?

DLC talk:

I said repeatedly before the game dropped that the quality of the maps was going to suffer if they weren't directly tied to revenue (343's actual map-making capabilities aside). Meanwhile, 343 is hard at work making sure the REQ system remains appealing.

I guess I was just being needlessly negative.

EDIT: Not to say that people without the maps wasn't frustrating, because it was. But I'd rather have good maps that all of my involved friends play, than bad maps nobody wants to play.

And the other 11%?  :kappa:  Reminded me of something

I said repeatedly before the game dropped that the quality of the maps was going to suffer if they weren't directly tied to revenue (343's actual map-making capabilities aside). Meanwhile, 343 is hard at work making sure the REQ system remains appealing.

I guess I was just being needlessly negative.

EDIT: Not to say that people without the maps wasn't frustrating, because it was. But I'd rather have good maps that all of my involved friends play, than bad maps nobody wants to play.

But see, with my system, 343 would be encouraged to make bad maps so that people would have to buy their way out of playing them.

Admit it, Lemon. You've finally been defeated.

• Upvote (+1) 5

But see, with my system, 343 would be encouraged to make bad maps so that people would have to buy their way out of playing them.

Admit it, Lemon. You've finally been defeated.

scream-SUM_2209650k.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 6

That one guy's ragdoll going over the railing on the snowy Warzone map was hilarious.

lmao I didn't even notice that before. 

Is Req down for anybody? FeelsBadMan

Working good here.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That is some evil genius level game developing.

Daaaaamn. Halo 5's forge is amazing.

Should've added a way to access the attic, unless there's a way to clamber up to it that I'm not seeing. 

Daaaaamn. Halo 5's forge is amazing.

Sooooooooo...

Will 343i ever add it to MM. Or will it be another great map to never see the light of day in MM.

• Upvote (+1) 5