CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Not a lot, but like Cows said 343 are trying a different strat much similar to FG's.

There is some obvious stuff like Sniper mag, but they clearly want lot's of data before making any decisions. Once again, it's not a Physics equation here.

At this point I have to tip my hat to 343.

Somehow they have convinced people that they need "data" to get rid of radar, on the forum that always seemed to be where people went that played the game for competition and good settings.

Since 343 has managed to convince people into having to rationalize for them why they aren't making changes that are blatantly obvious necessities, I think it is safe to say "competitive" halo is dead once and for all.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Since 343 has managed to convince people into having to rationalize for them why they aren't making changes that are blatantly obvious necessities, I think it is safe to say "competitive" halo is dead once and for all.

If people are still focused this way then why are you guys still in the Halo 5 thread? Or playing Halo 5? Or watching Halo 5? Not trying to be "edgy" but really am curious.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If people are still focused this way then why are you guys still in the Halo 5 thread? Or playing Halo 5? Or watching Halo 5? Not trying to be "edgy" but really am curious.

This thread is where the juicy drama happens.

I would still be in the MCC thread if it wasn't dead

With loadouts there could at least be balance between the rifles, because they were rarely seen on the map and everyone chose their gun before the game started. H4 Promod had pretty much perfect balance between the BR/DMR/LR/Carbine. But now people spawn with a weak AF pistol and the rifles are only found on maps creating a 4 tiered weapon system.343i have painted themselves into a corner:

• If they create a truly balanced sandbox, the rifles will rarely be used
  • If they want the rifles to be picked up the magnum will have to stay trash

Unless they find a way to make the rifles more unique, there is no way out of this vicious cycle. When they transitioned from the H4 military shooter loadout sandbox to H5's "Arena shooter sandbox" they should have abolished all these rifles, or kept them excluse to Warzone. A 3-4 tiered weapon system will never work in Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not going to let myself get bullied out by someone who only wants to hear how awesome everything is. At least the people complaining usually have a point, someone  who "complains about complainers" adds absolutely nothing to the discussion.

No one's bullying you, Nabster.

• Downvote (-1) 3

Because we're mentally ill and delusional.

Whatever. The sane people who feel this way have already stopped playing, watching, or caring about the game.

• Upvote (+1) 5

At this point I have to tip my hat to 343.

Somehow they have convinced people that they need "data" to get rid of radar, on the forum that always seemed to be where people went that played the game for competition and good settings.

Obvious things, such as Sniper Mag. Did you not read that? Radar is pretty obvious. Unreal.

I'm just here to watch the romance blossom between Icy Princess and Killmachine.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Weird but minor bug - blue outline doesn't appear on the SPNKr.

LHoLQDu.jpg

I'm just here to watch the romance blossom between Icy Princess and Killmachine.

Hummina.

Anyhow, I have to say, I had one of "those" moments in game. Was running to Warden Eternal with the Endgame Spartan Laser. I saw a vehicle to my right, so I turned, aimed, and fired. I managed to shoot ONLY the driver out of the Warthog I'd shot at, and the gunner and I looked at each other for a moment, before he killed me. I couldn't stop laughing at how unbelievable the moment was.

Also managed to get a Snipletaneous Overkill in the same game. Was insanely cool.

Aww c'mon my standards aren't that low 

Weird but minor bug - blue outline doesn't appear on the SPNKr.

LHoLQDu.jpg

Literally unplayable

• Upvote (+1) 1

Aww c'mon my standards aren't that low 

Literally unplayable

I'm excited for the SPNKr remix with a blue line.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Your mother says you need to actually take a bath with a toaster so yea

Your originality is about as low as the BR's skillgap.

Anyhow, cool thing to note about the Hunters. They actually use multiple sound effects from the dinosaurs of Turok. Most notably, that of a Juvenile T. rex. Coincidental, indeed, given @@Sal1ent worked on that game as Creative Director (I think).

Ice and machine post spree incoming. 

Edit: So "Ice machine" is definitely your couple name. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I need a team mate for next weeks Astro tourney. Gamertag is Tvctics. Msg me on here or on XbL if your interested. We can run GB 2v2s for practice all week. I'm on US Central time.

Your originality is about as low as the BR's skillgap.

Anyhow, cool thing to note about the Hunters. They actually use multiple sound effects from the dinosaurs of Turok. Most notably, that of a Juvenile T. rex. Coincidental, indeed, given @@Sal1ent worked on that game as Creative Director (I think).

Typical 343, copying stuff from other games.

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Are there any specific aim settings (including inner/outer deadzone) that people recommend for someone who likes to play 6-8 sens on H3/R/4? I have been having trouble finding something I like.

Edit: :(

There has hardly ever been a point in this discussion where I am not constantly making a disapproval face. It is unhealthy to read the goings on in this particular thread and expect the topic to not derail every hour on the hour.

It's a game now.