CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I really hope so. I know they have that whole on the fly tuning system let's see em use it.

The fact that we've brought up the issue so many times and after 3 months they haven't touched anything, it's safe to say they really don't care.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The fact that we've brought up the issue so many times and after 3 months they haven't touched anything, it's safe to say they really don't care.

Or, because there is a 2 million tourney coming up, they don't want to risk a huge meta change incase that throws the balance off, leading to unfair wins.

I want a 4SK as much as the next, but we won't see any ingame change until after the HWC Finals.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm just getting tired of Radar crouches holding there AR out, isn't competitive in my mind.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only reason I can think of (even though it's not a very good one) is that they are waiting until after the big tourney to adjust the settings so that everyone can have as much practice time on these settings. I do wish they had changed the settings within the first month when everyone could plainly see that autos were too strong and radar was crap.

Edit: @@Batchford said it.

Or, because there is a 2 million tourney coming up, they don't want to risk a huge meta change incase that throws the balance off, leading to unfair wins.

I want a 4SK as much as the next, but we won't see any ingame change until after the HWC Finals.

These were the major CSGO tournaments that happened last year almost right after the Dec 8 winter update

85e32f02e5.png

I don't see any reason why they can't make a balancing update after the last qualifier so people can "get used to it" (if they even need to) before the big one. Even then, everybody is still on the same playing field. I'm sure the guys playing at Multiplay found it quite a bit annoying having to relearn all the AR's they use 3 days before playing for £7.5k, but every contestant had to.

this is projection, we all on this forum want halo back, and current halo is not doing well in really any stretch of the imagination, but that doesn't NECESSARILY mean classic halo would do better, we hmestly can't say that for certain, although it's not impossible.

Yes, projection based on raw numbers. Millions played H2/H3 consistently for months/years. H4/H5's population is a very small fraction of what H2/H3 were able to achieve. Do you think H2/H3 would have done as well as they did if they had the armor abilities/Spartan abilities from H4/H5? Not a fucking chance. Nothing is for certain, but based on history, classic original formula Halo was hugely popular and Halo filled with gimmicky mechanics has been hugely unpopular. If things don't drastically change, as in going back to the original formula, Halo 6 could be the crash and burn game that finishes this franchise.

I like to be critical of 343i to make Halo the best it can be, I really do, but assertions/comments like this just make me want to take a step back and leave.

• Upvote (+1) 1

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/419l2x/after_reading_about_the_january_update_ive/

So I finally got around to reading this thread on r/Halo and a good bit of the comments. 

I agree with a lot of people in there to an extent. They have every right to be upset about where things are lacking. Obviously not the best way to be handled, but it's really the only way to get the attention they want from 343. The one part I will disagree with is the OP's use of the word "lazy". I don't care what definition of the word you use you will not find a AAA developer that is lazy and if they are then they will be out of a job. 

I'm upset just as much as the next guy. I want new gametypes. I would love a 4sk pistol. But at this point I'm being realistic and just waiting it out. Nothing is going to come out faster unless it's a sandbox update. The only thing I hope happens is that next week on stream we see a tease of a yellowish orange spartan holding a bomb with the gravity hammer on his back being chased by zombies from Infection, but I might be setting myself up for disappointment there.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

These were the major CSGO tournaments that happened last year almost right after the Dec 8 winter update

85e32f02e5.png

I don't see any reason why they can't make a balancing update after the last qualifier so people can "get used to it" (if they even need to) before the big one. Even then, everybody is still on the same playing field. I'm sure the guys playing at Multiplay found it quite a bit annoying having to relearn all the AR's they use 3 days before playing for £7.5k

The fact that CSGO did it doesn't make it a good idea.

I doubt the HCS is preventing them from doing a sandbox update but if that was the case I can see them doing one after the last online qualifier depending how much time there was between that and the big event.

Doesn't even have to be much. 

• 4sk Pistol
  • Nerf AR and Storm Rifle slightly
  • Reduce magnetism on Sniper

I'd be fine with just that.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The fact that CSGO did it doesn't make it a good idea.

When the most popular competetive games do something I think it's important we take notice. Ignoring the fact that the update was a piece of shit, no matter when they released it, it would have been between major tournaments. That's how it is for mega-popular esports games.

Halo unfortunately does not have major tournaments every week, but when it comes to updating, that's a very good thing, and is something we need to take advantage of. There will be heaps of time after each qualifier to help people ease into it, which is time they don't even need because they're all on a level playing field anyway.

I have friends that are hugely put off by the shit sandbox, maps, content, or whatever. They've stopped playing regularly, if at all. Part of keeping people playing the game is not just by adding REQ's and remixes, but fixing big issues that have been present for months since launch.

I doubt the HCS is preventing them from doing a sandbox update but if that was the case I can see them doing one after the last online qualifier depending how much time there was between that and the big event.

• 4sk Pistol

Yep. 4 shot pistol, a big fat nerf to the range of AR and SMG (damage is fine with a 4 shot pistol), reduce magnetism to EVERYTHING, and just reduced the Storm rifles health damage by like 75%, it's shield damage is spot on.

you will not find a AAA developer that is lazy and if they are then they will be out of a job. 

It's been 433 days since MCC released.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

• 4sk Pistol

Think a faster ROF 5sk Pistol is more likely, since 4-shot is so much of BR's "identity", and a rifle should be more "powerful". Just trying to think like 343...

Faster ROF would also be better for descoping longer-range weapons. 

Nerf AR shield damage, and SR health damage. And yeah, Sniper is too similar to Rockets now - big focus on positioning and control, not much of a shooting skill gap. If they make it harder to use, hope they reduce the timers, and maybe even have a 2-snipe map. 

Think a faster ROF 5sk Pistol is more likely, since 4-shot is so much of BR's "identity", and a rifle should be more "powerful". Just trying to think like 343...

The same 343 who had a 5SK BR?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think a faster ROF for the pistol is more likely as well. Would be an easier sell for the people arguing that the weapon balance is perfect at the moment.

You'd have to talk to the leader. I'm not sure who that is now since Moa stepped down.

Should be @@Infinity

Yep. 4 shot pistol, a big fat nerf to the range of AR and SMG (damage is fine with a 4 shot pistol), reduce magnetism to EVERYTHING, and just reduced the Storm rifles health damage by like 75%, it's shield damage is spot on.

I'm sorry but a 4SK pistol AND reduced magnetism on everything makes the BR completey useless.

The Pistol and BR have the same RRR unzoomed but a vastly different zoomed RRR. If your changes happen, the BR only has these positives over the magnum:

- Bleedthrough

- Further RRR zoomed (kind of useless on most maps other than Coliseum/Truth)

Meanwhile the Magnum would have:

- Faster TTK

- Faster Reload

- Faster Weapon Swap

- Faster 2-Shot Beatdown

The kills per clip would be equal at that point. I'm all for buffing the magnum, but you should keep the BR useful to those that want to use it. Keep the magnetism the same on just the BR and you would have a much better balance change.