CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

You were 10 minutes late for your match. You were disqualified. We cannot babysit people and hold up the entire bracket for 1 person. There are 128 other competitors, show some respect.

Give me a break on this whole "too bad im not a pro" garbage. Show up on time or dont sign up. I could care less if you are a pro at a video game or you are an amateur. 

Only comment I will make on this. Apologies for derailing any Halo 5 discussion. 

So you do care! :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is this even a bad thing?

Oh well excuse me, I just wanted another community to thrive in Halo and play the game more. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yup. Unless the vanilla settings are made to be as competitive as possible and THEN they make social settings based on that. The other way around (H5) is just dumb to me. Unified settings don't work when you make them with social in mind.

This guy gets it.

Im a Dino at Heart

Dinos in Reach were awesome to play as because you actually felt like an elite being taller than spartans, and you had evade.

And invasion remains one of my favorite halo gametypes.

having elites as playable mp characters really only works if they have clear advantages and disadvantages, you either have an Asymetric gametype, or they have their own gametypes. Basically reach did it best.

quote name="ZerueLX11" post="652788" timestamp="1452989532"]Oh well excuse me, I just wanted another community to thrive in Halo and play the game more.

Elites where awesome for machinimators, plus invasion is more interesting with Asymetric characters.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

having elites as playable mp characters really only works if they have clear advantages and disadvantages, you either have an Asymetric gametype, or they have their own gametypes. Basically reach did it best.

Oh well excuse me, I just wanted another community to thrive in Halo and play the game more.

Elites where awesome for machinimators, plus invasion is more interesting with Asymetric characters.

Man. You did something wrong there.

Edit: Fixed that for you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

quote name="ZerueLX11" post="652788" timestamp="1452989532"]Oh well excuse me, I just wanted another community to thrive in Halo and play the game more.

MmnIjQa.gif

Im a Dino at Heart

Dinos in Reach were awesome to play as because you actually felt like an elite being taller than spartans, and you had evade. 

And invasion remains one of my favorite halo gametypes.

Having elites as playable mp characters really only works if they have clear advantages and disadvantages, you either have an Asymetric gametype, or they have their own gametypes. Basically reach did it best. Elites where awesome for machinimators, plus invasion is more interesting with Asymetric characters

I gotchu buddy. @

Edit: Fixed that for you.

You fixed it while I was fixing it...

oh-please.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

Thank you for making sense out of my nonsense guys lol.

The life of mobile Teambeyond is a difficult one my friend, but we'll perservere

Playing Mass Effect 3 reminds me of just how much I fucking hate RNG bullshit. 

And then there it is, in Halo 5. 

"hurrdurr no one wants to watch the old Halos they are irrelevant"

>40k people watching Melee on Twitch right now

wew

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

"hurrdurr no one wants to watch the old Halos they are irrelevant"

>40k people watching Melee on Twitch right now

wew

Random:

I am SICK of Arena Breakout in the Team Arena Playlist. Not only is it extremely broken, but its pure dominance over the playlist is extremely frustrating. Seriously. I just got FIVE Arena Breakout in a row, followed by one Flag game, then TWO more Arena Breakouts after that. That is SEVEN Arena Breakouts in eight games. Unacceptable.

I don't even hate the mode. I get that Breakout is  new gametype, and that it is a decent way to mix things up. However, Arena Breakout (full shields on normal maps) is completely broken, and is much worse than the default version. 

The last thing that is extremely annoying is how Arena Breakout is not and will never be used in tournaments, so it is literally a complete waste of time. Me and my team are trying to grind GB and play MM in between, but get nothing besides Arena Breakout, which is a complete waste of time. 

I bought this game to play HALO, not this constant elimination mode that simply doesn't work. If it MUST stay, at LEAST reduce the occurrence rate so that people can actually play the game modes that everyone wants to play when they buy a Halo game. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I am SICK of Arena Breakout in the Team Arena Playlist

Agreed, regardless of the whole No Breakout vs. Breakout vs. Arena Breakout argument, the frequency is insane.

Over some Twitter exchanges close to launch Bravo made it sound like they wanted to preserve the balance between Breakout and other game types (they only had two maps in at a time) and it seems like they completely threw that out the window with the recent MM update.

Agreed, regardless of the whole No Breakout vs. Breakout vs. Arena Breakout argument, the frequency is insane.

Over some Twitter exchanges close to launch Bravo made it sound like they wanted to preserve the balance between Breakout and other game types (they only had two maps in at a time) and it seems like they completely threw that out the window with the recent MM update.

You sure you boys just aren't just getting the shit end of the match selection?

I believe that breakout is better than arena breakout but that still doesn't make it good. Too hard to comeback in arena breakout but it seems like default breakout is random af.

I just wonder how Oddball would be in this game. Like how fun if would be the carrier kept the spartan abilities a flag carrier did, or of they could throw the ball. I'm imagining chaos but who knows? Ball might work pretty well in a mobile game like H5

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I just wonder how Oddball would be in this game. Like how fun if would be the carrier kept the spartan abilities a flag carrier did, or of they could throw the ball. I'm imagining chaos but who knows? Ball might work pretty well in a mobile game like H5

well for one thing the dynamic of the gametype would be different even without the SAs because, let's face it, nothing can stay the same.

Sorry for the neg. Dropped my phone on my face.

Not being able to see who's in a party of a player is the biggest fucking pain in the ass