CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

absolute floyd.png

Might as well leave the Halo community. You singlehandedly killed Halo you whore.

/s

Yeah Halo 5 has low aim assist (I don't think it tops Halo 1 for lowest) but it doesn't matter since guns have bullet magnetism on par with – if not higher than – Halo 2 with insane lag compensation under a near perfect netcode and on dedicated servers.

I honestly feel like Halo 3 has less aim assist than this game. I don't know how this can be tested but to me Halo 5 seems to have quite a bit of AA.

I mean in a way aren't they?

Not in the slightest. See below

You think there is a coincidence that Halo launched without all this content and 343 is doing a "free monthly dlc" thing?

Come on man. There are 2 objective gametypes for 4vs4 arena.

I don't think its a coincidence at all. 343 wanted to make the best competitive options out of each game type they had (blah blah overpowered automatics, etc.). Regardless, developing game types like Oddball, KoTH, Assault, Extraction would have taken up TONS of resources and time. I imagine they simply made the choice to make CTF and Strongholds play as incredibly as possible (which they do, for their respective maps) instead of putting as many game types as possible and leaving flaws in the maps.

Then you add in the fact that Team Obj/Singular Gametype playlists completely flopped in the past (sub-1,000 players) and it makes sense. They were putting in the resources and just no one was playing them.

They were a big part of competitive Halo, and Halo's history, but quality over quantity seems to be what they went with, and I'm okay with that.

• Downvote (-1) 8

The difference between Aim Assist and Bullet Magnetism always confused me ever since that video where the guy from 343i said that what we called "Bullet Magnetism" was "Aim Assist."

The difference between Aim Assist and Bullet Magnetism always confused me ever since that video where the guy from 343i said that what we called "Bullet Magnetism" was "Aim Assist."

Yup exactly. Are we backwards? Cuz he's a professional I feel like he would know this stuff.

Aim assist is when the game pulls your reticle to a player

Bullet magnetism is when the game curves your bullets to a player

That's what I've always understood. One developer saying something different isn't changing that.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't see how anyone can come up with their own definitions for the two, aim assist=your reticle slowing down over an enemy player, assisting your aim. Magnetism, literally bullets magnetising onto a target.

Edit; beaten ^

• Upvote (+1) 1

They were a big part of competitive Halo, and Halo's history, but quality over quantity seems to be what they went with, and I'm okay with that.

This is where our opinions seem to diverge. I'm not ok with this because it sets an unhealthy foundation for the direction of the franchise.

In addition to this, quality is incredibly subjective. Quantity, however, is much more concrete and measurable, regardless of a couple subjective elements.

Arena has 2 objective gametypes. Warzone has 3 or 4 maps and 2 modes completely. Forge is great, but lacks any of the community features Halo has had for almost 10 years now (same for Custom Games). Theater and Custom Games are a complete step backwards when compared to previous Halo games.

I don't care that CTF on Coliseum is amazing, because I'm already bored of it. I don't care that Spartan Abilities allow for much more dynamic encounters, because I can only use those mechanics in the same maps/gametypes OVER and OVER again.

Quality is important, but it shouldn't be an excuse for lack of quantity. (To me)

• Upvote (+1) 1

1TdHj1y.gif

Worst shitpost of 2016. And yes, including Rolf's "insult" post

edit: just read your follow up "I'd rather we influence 343i to change the base game than try to make our own competitive settings"

ROFLMAO because that has worked out so well in the past right?

Just let people do what they want to, some of my fondest memories of H4 were Promod customs, same goes for Reach, GP Reach is the best Halo after H2, maybe even CE. If H5 had some decent no-gimmicks settings I'd actually play it

• Upvote (+1) 1

I honestly feel like Halo 3 has less aim assist than this game. I don't know how this can be tested but to me Halo 5 seems to have quite a bit of AA.

All I know is that I get perfect killed more often in a single game of Warzone than I would over 5 matches of Halo games that aren't Halo 5 or Halo 4.

Aim assist is when the game pulls your reticle to a player

Bullet magnetism is when the game curves your bullets to a player

That's what I've always understood. One developer saying something different isn't changing that.

Okay, but what the heck is auto aim, then?  :grunt:

Not in the slightest. See below

I don't think its a coincidence at all. 343 wanted to make the best competitive options out of each game type they had (blah blah overpowered automatics, etc.). Regardless, developing game types like Oddball, KoTH, Assault, Extraction would have taken up TONS of resources and time. I imagine they simply made the choice to make CTF and Strongholds play as incredibly as possible (which they do, for their respective maps) instead of putting as many game types as possible and leaving flaws in the maps.

Then you add in the fact that Team Obj/Singular Gametype playlists completely flopped in the past (sub-1,000 players) and it makes sense. They were putting in the resources and just no one was playing them.

Man, thats ridiculous still. To just ignore classic gametypes like that? I'm sure they'd work fine (or at least as fine as they could) on some of these maps. Stupid imo.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

All I know is that I get perfect killed more often in a single game of Warzone than I would over 5 matches of Halo games that aren't Halo 5 or Halo 4.

Hahaha that's very true. And there would be 10x more perfect kills without thrusters. There's something wrong with the values of something that's for sure.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Okay, but what the heck is auto aim, then?  :grunt:

There's different subcategories to aim assists.

Auto aim is that thing where if your hold your reticle still and an opponent walks near or into it, the reticle will be pulled towards them on its own.

Red reticle range (also RRR) is the maximum distance at which the reticle stays red and therefore reticle stickiness (what makes the reticle hard to pull off-target and easier to hit when swiping) stays enabled. 

There's other things I can't remember right now, but those are two important ones. "Aim assists" encompass all the mechanics that help aiming.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Man. I can't wait for the Strongholds remix to come out - King of the Hill.

• Upvote (+1) 8

You think there is a coincidence that Halo launched without all this content and 343 is doing a "free monthly dlc" thing?

Despite the 3 year development time, things like forge, social, and standard gametypes are just barely getting finished by the deadline after 3 years of work and are being added ASAP, which happens to be in perfect month long intervals?

Come on man. There are 2 objective gametypes for 4vs4 arena.

Cmon now you know REQ Packs took two years to develop q7n7s7m.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

Man. I can't wait for the Strongholds remix to come out - King of the Hill.

No one ever considered the gametype remixes.

-CTF

1 flag CTF

Neutral flag CTF

Stockpile

-Oddball

Ricochet

Multiball Oddball

Juggernaut Oddball

That's EIGHT new gametypes!

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ay we already have neutral flag give 343 some credit bruh

That would require people to play the game

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ay we already have neutral flag give 343 some credit bruh

Alright, I have another idea. Neutral flag where you need to take the flag to the other team's base, and in order to cap it, you have to stand on the capture point for 5 seconds.

No one ever considered the gametype remixes.

-CTF

1 flag CTF

Neutral flag CTF

Stockpile

-Oddball

Ricochet

Multiball Oddball

Juggernaut Oddball

That's EIGHT new gametypes!

I loved stockpile in reach, and ricochet was actually pretty fun

• Upvote (+1) 1