CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Has anyone else been getting shitty server performance lately? I keep seeing people drop out of my games that shouldn't be quits, and registration has on-off as well. It's still better than P2P most of the time, but it's still pretty annoying.

I think that I already downloaded that from your file share a while ago. I one time played a FFA game on this map http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/11620-h5-ce-downrush-remake/ and used those settings except for I turned off clamber and put the repsawn settings down to 5 seconds instead of 8. Here are a couple clips that I recorded from that FFA game.

That's the reason why I was so confused when @@MultiLockOn said that there was no Gold Pro settings made yet.

It's nice to see people playing classic settings on classic maps in H5. That looks very fun.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I guess I'm pretty out of the loop! I didn't know they had been made already, never really heard anyone talk about them. .

Why is clamber enabled though?

TBH I'm just as out of the loop as you are. I rarely play Halo 5, I only played those settings on that downrush remake that one time. The only reason I found those settings was because I added a couple of people on beyond and was stalking(yes I'm a weirdo lol) their file shares for forge maps and game types. I didn't bring up those Gold Pro settings because I thought they weren't completely finalized or something and they were being kept confidential since @@Sitri wasn't talking about it on beyond.

I think we need more open communication with each other on this website and as a community as a whole so that way forge maps and game types can gain more traction within the Halo community. Hell I didn't even know that Gold Pro settings existed in Halo Reach until about eight months ago when someone brought it up on beyond.

Does the H5 pistol sound like a dart gun to anyone else?..

It's the canonical reasoning for the Boomco skin.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why are you against our niche competitive community for wanting to make more ideal competitive settings for our community to play? Just because you're satisfied with playing the current mediocre "competitive" settings that 343 are forcing us to play in the team arena(HCS) playlist doesn't mean the rest of us are. Please don't condemn our niche competitive community for wanting to play more ideal competitive settings.  

Because that's exactly what it is – niche. My response was actually directed more towards @@MultiLockOn, and less GoldPro because I know how talented of a Forger he is, and I wouldn't want to see his maps designed and solely focused on something that won't receive as much recognition.

All these edgy subsets of competitive settings have never done any good for anyone outside of the niche group. I think the top priority should be trying to get 343 to change the base game to be more competitive. Light Rifle Starts, Promod with modded Spartan sizes, AGL Brad forging lifts on Adrift, #BlockTheLifts... what did all of that amount to? It's just silly to me.

Do I think that Gold Pro settings will be inevitably more competitive than default Halo 5? Absolutely. But I think it is a terrible misallocation of our Community's influence to be putting time into niche settings that only small groups of people will play.

TL;DR: I support the niche settings but I don't think we should be trying to have some revolution again, because it will never succeed.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's nice to see people playing classic settings on classic maps in H5. That looks very fun.

It was pretty fun but unfortunately I don't have that many people on my friends list that are interested in playing these types of settings and I also don't know of that many other forge maps that can work well with these settings. Most of the people that are on my friends list are either Halo 1 players that have no real interest in playing Halo 5(even Gold Pro settings that are similar to H1) or Halo 5 players that have no interest in playing anything except matchmaking. Feel free to add me and we can play these settings sometime, btw that also goes for anybody else on here that are interested in playing these settings.

I love how they did not even mention any update on the theater mode bookmark bug SMH  :(  :(  :(

I love how they did not even mention any update on the theater mode bookmark bug SMH  :(  :(  :(

Because they never mention bugs until patch notes come out?

TL;DR: I support the niche settings but I don't think we should be trying to have some revolution again, because it will never succeed.

Let the community do what it wants. If we are a niche anyway we aren't taking away from the main game itself.

Let the community do what it wants. If we are a niche anyway we aren't taking away from the main game itself.

Hence why I said I'm okay with it.

It was a silly gif because I would have liked to see LockOn make maps for Halo 5's default gameplay. Blown way out of proportion.

Because that's exactly what it is – niche. My response was actually directed more towards @@MultiLockOn, and less GoldPro because I know how talented of a Forger he is, and I wouldn't want to see his maps designed and solely focused on something that won't receive as much recognition.

All these edgy subsets of competitive settings have never done any good for anyone outside of the niche group. I think the top priority should be trying to get 343 to change the base game to be more competitive. Light Rifle Starts, Promod with modded Spartan sizes, AGL Brad forging lifts on Adrift, #BlockTheLifts... what did all of that amount to? It's just silly to me.

Do I think that Gold Pro settings will be inevitably more competitive than default Halo 5? Absolutely. But I think it is a terrible misallocation of our Community's influence to be putting time into niche settings that only small groups of people will play.

I don't think there is any "revolution" or talk of one. People just want to play what they want to play. They want to forge what they want to forge. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hence why I said I'm okay with it.

It was a silly gif because I would have liked to see LockOn make maps for Halo 5's default gameplay. Blown way out of proportion.

Oh I know that, I was just reaponding to your latest comment. I just don't get any enjoyment from playing Halo 5's default settings tbh, its way more fun to watch than to play.

I don't think the "gold pro community" has much of a choice when it comes to optimal competitive settings. Sprint, thrust, and clamber are not going anywhere. And for that matter, there are players here that prefer those extra abilities for the meta they are said to bring. Also, while there are some forge maps that probably implement specific jumps, there are many more maps that'll play both basic Halo and ability-based halo. The traditional sprint-jump-thrust-clamber that you see on maps just cheat map design in my opinion. Map design hasn't changed much, just 343 continues to make shitty, shitty maps.

Also, @@MultiLockOn will get plenty of recognition with whatever he makes because the man knows his map design

Edit: minor spelling correction

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't think the "gold pro community" has much of a choice when it comes to optimal competitive settings. Sprint, thrust, and clamber are not going anywhere. And for that matter, there are players here that prefer those extra abilities for the meta they are said to bring. Also, while there are some forge maps that probably implement specific jumps, there are many more maps that'll play both basic Halo and ability-based halo. The traditional sprint-jump-thrust-clamber that you see on maps just cheat map-design in my opinion. Map design hasn't changed much, just 343 continues to make shitty, shitty maps.

Also, @@MultiLockOn will get plenty of recognition with whatever he makes because he is a beast forger.

MFW Gold Pro has clamber.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Played Weekend Rockets. To be honest, I like the idea and enjoyed it. Was ironically, not frustrating at all and felt actually "social", for once, since no one really seemed to care and were just jumping around, spamming rockets. I think the only thing I'd change is damage. Make the rockets act like they normally do, and you'll have very fast games that you can just speed through for fun. Right now, it seems a little "slow" despite spawning with rockets.

• Upvote (+1) 3

A playlist I would love to see for Weekend Social is the return of the Brawl playlist from Halo 3. 12-16 man FFA on BTB maps. Was really fun. The only issue are the spawns. You can have AR/BR starts like normal BTB. First to 50 wins. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Played Weekend Rockets. To be honest, I like the idea and enjoyed it. Was ironically, not frustrating at all and felt actually "social", for once, since no one really seemed to care and were just jumping around, spamming rockets. I think the only thing I'd change is damage. Make the rockets act like they normally do, and you'll have very fast games that you can just speed through for fun. Right now, it seems a little "slow" despite spawning with rockets.

Agreed. The concept was cool and whacky but I'd like Social games to be quick and enjoyable. Hence why I will die before I play Husky Raid.

Why is Pegasus so popular in the rotation?

This, for the love of god why is this map so damn frequent in the Slayer playlist? 343 has an issue with gametype weighting, I don't know how they screw it up so often.

Agreed. The concept was cool and whacky but I'd like Social games to be quick and enjoyable. Hence why I will die before I play Husky Raid.

Husky Raid was godly for commendations tho.