CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I thought that we can choose between 3 gametypes as Weekend Playlists. Now they're just choosing the one they want to test :bravo:

Your maps better not have these default abilities in them

It would be squandered potential

I'd LOVE to design maps around Gold pro settings...we just need gold pro settings first lol.

Until then, I absolutely will take all things into account when designing maps, including slide boosting. Do I like it? Not really, I still don't look at anything past halo 3 as truly being Halo, but ignoring the abilities isn't the way to go around it. In fact, if you truly don't like the abilities you'll do your best to counter them using map design, eg creating room based maps with drop offs between each room segmentation so that you can't just thrust backwards when getting shot. Things like that go a LONG way in the long run, and I'll have a pretty lengthy post analyzing every detail of my upcoming map down to the microscopic.

Also. While I don't prefer the new abilities (in fact I hate them) I'm not going deny there's a great satisfaction in playing a forge map designed around them. Zipping zooming sliding and thrust boosting CONSTANTLY between fights feels pretty natural honestly.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'd LOVE to design maps around Gold pro settings...we just need gold pro settings first lol.

1TdHj1y.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 23

You are half way to Diamond 6 with a 54% Win Percentage. That literally sounds like a perfect matching system to me.

Don't come to the forums when you are raging after a match, its a common trend. A perfect system will give you a 50% Win Percent

While he may only be a Diamond 6, I can say from from personal experience that I've reached Champion on several different accounts in several playlist when I stilled played this game and I can tell you from that perspective, this is quite possibly one of the worst matchmaking experiences out of every Halo.

Teams of 4 vs solos at Champion/Onyx level is extremely frivolous. For contrast, in Halo 3, you would notice a lot more equally matched games at high level play. Not only because people were actually of similar skill level, but they matched similar parties too. This was noticeably more apparent in the MLG playlist at 50 high; teams w/ coordination matched other teams w/ coordination for balanced games. Whenever you played by yourself, games were still extremely competitive, but on that same token, you're not getting absolutely destroyed by matching established teams.

Having a team that you have set strategies with in tandem with people that you are sure to have mics/communication are much more likely to win against a team of complete randoms who may or may not have mics. And if they do, sometimes people are tentative to use them. 

It's a valid complaint, the matchmaking system could definitely use some adjustments.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You are half way to Diamond 6 with a 54% Win Percentage. That literally sounds like a perfect matching system to me.

Don't come to the forums when you are raging after a match, its a common trend. A perfect system will give you a 50% Win Percent

While I used to think this was a fair arguement, after getting to numerous Onyx accounts searching solo, I realize this isn't the case.

Plat 2 or Plat 3 seems to be the most common placing point no matter how good you do. Placing right into diamond off a fresh account doesn't happen anymore, even pros place platinum 99% of the time on fake accounts.

That being said, as on onyx player, I think I'm above average skill but not good enough to be champion obviously. Even if I play a team of 4 after my placement games, I can still drop 20+ kills and win every game by carrying randoms because I'm facing gold/platinum players who are below average. On multiple accounts, id have a near 90% w/l ratio by the time I got to diamond.

After diamond, I'd still carry, but not as much, and my w/l ratio would drop to around 75%. Once I start matching onyx players, my w/l will drop down to around 50%.

You can't say a 50% w/l ratio indicates good matchmaking based on that. I often times have 25 or so games where I'd destroy gold/platinum/low diamond players who COULD have been a team, and then I get destroyed once I start matching teams of 4 in onyx while searching solo. Those 2 scenarios could average out to a 50% w/l, and often times does.

50% neither reflects fair matches or playing other solo players in my scenario which I have experienced multiple times over. Hope that makes sense. 50% w/l is a great goal for a good matchmaking system, but there's so much more too it than that. You can't say it's perfect just because it averages to 50% for people.

At the end of the day, solo searching high diamond and/or onyx is hell. It's just a bad system to match teams while solo, especially with Halo 5 which is IMO, teamshot halo at its peak thanks to thrust and escape easy maps. I wish we would eventually get innovative features from 343 where if a team of 4 can't find a match against another team of 4, they could match solo players in a "no xp" match if they agreed. Something like that or a solo playlist or two would go a long ways.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Until then, I absolutely will take all things into account when designing maps, including slide boosting. Do I like it? Not really, I still don't look at anything past halo 3 as truly being Halo, but ignoring the abilities isn't the way to go around it. In fact, if you truly don't like the abilities you'll do your best to counter them using map design, eg creating room based maps with drop offs between each room segmentation so that you can't just thrust backwards when getting shot. Things like that go a LONG way in the long run, and I'll have a pretty lengthy post analyzing every detail of my upcoming map down to the microscopic.

Also. While I don't prefer the new abilities (in fact I hate them) I'm not going deny there's a great satisfaction in playing a forge map designed around them. Zipping zooming sliding and thrust boosting CONSTANTLY between fights feels pretty natural honestly.

What? I could of swore that we already had the Gold pro settings made but we were just waiting for some decent forge maps that can complement those settings?

This whole entire time that people have been hyping up your new upcoming forge maps I was assuming that they were being designed with Gold pro settings in mind or at least no spartan abilities. No offense, I'm not doubting your forging ability, I'm sure that your upcoming forge maps are going to be great but I personally have no interest in playing any forge maps that you have to use spartan abilities to be able to play. I hate being forced to use the spartan abilities to be able to traverse a map. 

I'm probably assuming too much and could be completely wrong, maybe people are able to play your upcoming forge map without having to use any spartan abilities. I'm interested in reading your lengthy and detailed post that breaks down your upcoming forge map. Anyways I'm looking forward to playing yours and other peoples forge maps once the Gold pro settings come out. Until then I'm sticking with playing Halo 1 on the MCC to satisfy my competitive fix even though the game is broken. 

1TdHj1y.gif

Why are you against our niche competitive community for wanting to make more ideal competitive settings for our community to play? Just because you're satisfied with playing the current mediocre "competitive" settings that 343 are forcing us to play in the team arena(HCS) playlist doesn't mean the rest of us are. Please don't condemn our niche competitive community for wanting to play more ideal competitive settings.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

So for that Achilles armor set... 

"With the release of the Infinity’s Armory update, there will be two Spartan Company Mastery Commendations. The first is getting to level 3 in all of the Kill Commendations. This awards you with the Achilles Armor. The second Mastery Commendation is awarded for getting all Kill Commendations to level 5. This awards all members of the Company the Achilles Helmet. "

Looks like I'm going to have to do my part and start grinding Warzone. That's where the beyond company is slacking

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/commendations/spartan-companies/beyond%20entertainment

Warzone is all I play lol.  I've been putting up numbers for BE but I can't do it alone.

Assassinations is really where I see us falling behind.  It's our lowest by a large margin.

So for that Achilles armor set... 

"With the release of the Infinity’s Armory update, there will be two Spartan Company Mastery Commendations. The first is getting to level 3 in all of the Kill Commendations. This awards you with the Achilles Armor. The second Mastery Commendation is awarded for getting all Kill Commendations to level 5. This awards all members of the Company the Achilles Helmet. "

Looks like I'm going to have to do my part and start grinding Warzone. That's where the beyond company is slacking

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/commendations/spartan-companies/beyond%20entertainment

Yeah, looks like I'm going to need to join a company. Sent a request on waypoint to the beyond company just now. I pretty much am always grinding warzone

And the maps play completely differently. Literally a non-issue.

Man the salt that this post produced...

Check my file share.

Shield Percentage:70%

Health Percentage: 150%

Grenade Explosion Radius: 80%

Motion Sensor: Off

Thruster: Off

Ground Pound: Off

Stabilizer: Off

Forward Acceleration: 120

Strafe acceleration: 120

Sprint: Off

Starting Weapon: Magnum

Starting Secondary: None

Max Grenade Capacity(Frags & Plasmas):4

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah, looks like I'm going to need to join a company. Sent a request on waypoint to the beyond company just now. I pretty much am always grinding warzone

There's a couple people in the company that don't even own Halo 5.  We should see about getting it cleaned up so that we can get the people who want to grind the armor in.  Or petition the member limit be raised to 250 or 500 to accommodate larger communities.  I remember we had brought that up at company launch, what ever happened with that?

Man the salt that this post produced...

I'm really curious to know why the maps sharing a few pieces of geometry is so bad. What am I missing here?

inb4: mass negging.

No GoldPro settings (or any good settings with some kind of following) is a big part of me not having purchased this game yet.

GoldPro v1- LFG!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Check my file share.

Shield Percentage:70%

Health Percentage: 150%

Grenade Explosion Radius: 80%

Motion Sensor: Off

Thruster: Off

Ground Pound: Off

Stabilizer: Off

Forward Acceleration: 120

Strafe acceleration: 120

Sprint: Off

Starting Weapon: Magnum

Starting Secondary: None

Max Grenade Capacity(Frags & Plasmas):4

I think that I already downloaded that from your file share a while ago. I one time played a FFA game on this map http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/11620-h5-ce-downrush-remake/ and used those settings except for I turned off clamber and put the repsawn settings down to 5 seconds instead of 8. Here are a couple clips that I recorded from that FFA game.

That's the reason why I was so confused when @@MultiLockOn said that there was no Gold Pro settings made yet.

I think that I already downloaded that from your file share a while ago. I one time played a FFA game on this map http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/11620-h5-ce-downrush-remake/ and used those settings except for I turned off clamber and put the repsawn settings down to 5 seconds instead of 8. Here are a couple clips that I recorded from that FFA game.

That's the reason why I was so confused when @@MultiLockOn said that there was no Gold Pro settings made yet.

I've had them made, I just haven't really brought them up yet.

You can also set up FFA using team games as a base. You didn't have to have everyone move to their own team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Us:   Assault and Oddball!

343: Rumble Rockets?

343: 5v5 holiday social?

343: Weekend Rocket Party?

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Settings designed for competitiveness are always going to be better than vanilla ones (usually by far), I don't see how certain people cannot see this.

343: Rumble Rockets?

343: 5v5 holiday social?

343: Weekend Rocket Party?

Playlists =/= Gametypes    :bravo:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Settings designed for competitiveness are always going to be better than vanilla ones (usually by far), I don't see how certain people cannot see this.

Yup. Unless the vanilla settings are made to be as competitive as possible and THEN they make social settings based on that. The other way around (H5) is just dumb to me. Unified settings don't work when you make them with social in mind.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/xxcloud7xx/video/13797575

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/xxcloud7xx/video/13797381

I guess I'm pretty out of the loop! I didn't know they had been made already, never really heard anyone talk about them. .

Why is clamber enabled though?

I guess I'm pretty out of the loop! I didn't know they had been made already, never really heard anyone talk about them. .

Why is clamber enabled though?

Map compatibility, mostly.

Warzone is all I play lol.  I've been putting up numbers for BE but I can't do it alone.

Assassinations is really where I see us falling behind.  It's our lowest by a large margin.

I play Warzone about half the time ... unfortunately I have assassinations disabled, maybe I'll change that back lol.  I agree that we need to purge the company a bit; also there's only 97 members at the moment.

On remixed maps ... they play completely differently (except for Eden/Empire) so I don't seem the problem.  I wouldn't have minded an actual new Warzone map (rather than just Assault) but whatever.  

Also I never thought I would say this, but Overgrowth isn't completely terrible for SWAT; the windows/angles actually make a no-shields gametype reasonably interesting