CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So what your saying is. If it had content. It would be a great game?

When did I say that lol? The comment I screencapped is just an apt analogy. If Halo 5 wasnt 'malnourished', it would still be a bastard twat of a child.

Oh, you can fix aiming and tweak bullet magnetism and damage on weapons now?

ok so you pick the one thing you can't fix and the other thing you actually can fix if you paid any attention to ratios in math class and ignore the 500 other things you can fix, nice work, you sure shot me down and made me look stupid didn't you?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Tom French is the only member at 343 who is actually passionate and involved. Dude responds to tweets like every twenty minutes.

>Doesn't respond to everything

>Obviously not passionate about what they do

k4eB2iA.gif

inb4 something along the lines of "They're passionate about killing Halo huehuehuehuehue"

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

When did I say that lol? The comment I screencapped is just an apt analogy. If Halo 5 wasnt 'malnourished', it would still be a bastard twat of a child.

It's obvious that you hate Halo 5. So why do you still discuss the game here? It seems that nothing could be done to Halo 5 to fix it so why continue the discussion? Honest to god question.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

ok so you pick the one thing you can't fix and the other thing you actually can fix if you paid any attention to ratios in math class and ignore the 500 other things you can fix, nice work, you sure shot me down and made me look stupid didn't you?

One of the annoyances of being on a competitive gaming forum.

In light of customization, I honestly hope one day there is a classic playlist with the spartan abilities removed and featuring all forge maps (remakes or just solid maps). Perhaps feature king of the hill and oddball while were at it. Maybe I could put on my rose-tinted glasses and ask Frankie on his lunch break.

Halo 5's standard gameplay is half the reason I don't have a true ambition to [try] forge for H5, and thus I'm really not involved with the forge community anymore (on XBL that is). Even people's map walkthroughs depress me because they're using clamber and the bullshit abilities to make "sick" jumps.

Halo 5 has such great potential IMO. There's so much I hate, but what I like (the single-shot weapons for example) keep me from selling everything Xbox one.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's not like we have much to look forward to.

Well in a year or so we should start getting the Halo 6 hype.

"We swear, this time we learned our lesson. This will be the most skill-based, competitive Halo game... ever."

"We've assembled an all-star team of pro-team all-stars to help us balance the game. We admit it, automatics being so powerful was a mistake."

"Hunt the real truth."

"You thought the Halo CE pistol was a great starting weapon? Wait till you see what we have in Halo 6."

• Upvote (+1) 3

Every armor in this game looks like the same Red or Blue with a bunch of random ass white lines from medium to long range distance 

"We swear, this time we learned our lesson. This will be the most skill-based, competitive Halo game... ever."

"We've assembled an all-star team of pro-team all-stars to help us balance the game. We admit it, automatics being so powerful was a mistake."

"Hunt the real truth."

"You thought the Halo CE pistol was a great starting weapon? Wait till you see what we have in Halo 6."

Too be fair Bungie took way longer to figure out most of those.
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Still loved the beta more than the final game to a point, due to the UI and color selection.

And the aiming wasn't horrible Jtqj3GI.png

"Hunt the real truth."

"We're removing "Spartan abilities" and introducing "Master Chief abilities", featuring all new mechanics!"

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Hunt the real truth."

That's what they said/did with Halo 5 lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

You can't fix any of those things in custom games so I don't know what you're on about.

• Downvote (-1) 1

You can't fix any of those things in custom games so I don't know what you're on about.

The main complaint is that the pistol isn't strong enough. The game gives you separate settings for health and shield and you can twiddle the ratios so that headshot weapons are stronger while bodyshot weapons are the same.

The main complaint is that the pistol isn't strong enough. The game gives you separate settings for health and shield and you can twiddle the ratios so that headshot weapons are stronger while bodyshot weapons are the same.

How would that affect other weapons such as the BR?

I just want a 4 shot pistol with all other rifles removed and no autos in Team Arena. Oh and no Arena Breakout but that's obvious.

I feel like we are more likely to get removed weapons from Arena rather than 343 actually re-tuning them. And even with re-tuning keeping the sandbox this watered down is very problematic. I just really don't like dying to kids that have cheese weapons when I know I can easily out pistol them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The problem isn't just the strength of the pistol, the problem is how easy it is for everyone to use. I was in a FFA yesterday and I bet I saw the perfect star come up 20-25 times in that game. Aiming shouldn't be so easy that you can get perfects that often. I just hate how there is no skill gap in aiming.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just want a 4 shot pistol with all other rifles removed and no autos in Team Arena. Oh and no Arena Breakout but that's obvious.

I feel like we are more likely to get removed weapons from Arena rather than 343 actually re-tuning them. And even with re-tuning keeping the sandbox this watered down is very problematic. I just really don't like dying to kids that have cheese weapons when I know I can easily out pistol them.

I've literally won multiple FFA's in Onyx using only the AR. Just goes to show how shitty the weapon tuning is. The AR is an absolute melt machine. I'd go as far as to say it has better range than the SAW when zoomed in. 

The problem isn't just the strength of the pistol, the problem is how easy it is for everyone to use. I was in a FFA yesterday and I bet I saw the perfect star come up 20-25 times in that game. Aiming shouldn't be so easy that you can get perfects that often. I just hate how there is no skill gap in aiming.

I really wish we could just get the H1 pistol back. It was so perfect.

Also, I don't care what anyone says, but 4-ing someone in H3>getting a perfect medal with any weapon in H5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've literally won multiple FFA's in Onyx using only the AR. Just goes to show how shitty the weapon tuning is. The AR is an absolute melt machine. I'd go as far as to say it has better range than the SAW when zoomed in.

That thing is godly it's ridiculous. Although the SAW scoped is pretty crazy too but it has a lot more recoil and spread. But it's crazy how some people still don't think the AR is too powerful. I actually am making an alt and just using the pistol. Then I'll show my stats in relation to my main account just to see how badly this game is balanced.

And yea the AR is better than the pistol in FFA it's soooo bad.

The Perfect Kill %'s according to the research I have been doing have all been around 5% roughly. Even with some pro's I checked, you don't see anything higher than 10%. 

I don't see this as a problem, some games people might land more Perfects than others. The only weapons that so far I feel violates the %'s I've been seeing are the DMR and the BR. Both have way too much magnetism at range.

Also, I don't care what anyone says, but 4-ing someone in H3>getting a perfect medal with any weapon in H5.

Given how random it was that you'd 4 someone in H3, gonna disagree.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

The Perfect Kill %'s according to the research I have been doing have all been around 5% roughly. Even with some pro's I checked, you don't see anything higher than 10%.

I don't see this as a problem, some games people might land more Perfects than others. The only weapons that so far I feel violates the %'s I've been seeing are the DMR and the BR. Both have way too much magnetism at range.

Where can this be checked? I'd like to know what mine is.

Given how random it was that you'd 4 someone in H3, gonna disagree.

It really wasn't that random at the range that you would be in for most 1 on 1 engagements. I'll agree that past like 30-40 meters is when spread starts to play a bigger role in shot's not connecting.

Where can this be checked? I'd like to know what mine is.

I just crunch some numbers. But I use a combination of Waypoint and HaloTracker. What's your GT?