CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

It's my lunch hour, I came in to chat about the game and answer questions where I could. I don't have to and I certainly don't have to accept drive by flamebait. It's much more difficult to post a dumb comment that adds nothing to the discussion than to simply refrain from doing it. It's literally a waste of space on the thread. I'm not sensitive at all, I'm just a fan of polite conversation and actual funny shit. If somebody does a shitpost that's actually funny, or biting or cutting, then that's a whole different kettle of fish. Keep it polite, keep it informative, keep it constructive or keep it funny.

It isn't hard. It's much harder to be a jerk, IMO.

lPCPK4t.gif

What did you have for lunch?

Is Breakout being considered for removal from HCS?

@@Frankie I hope you will come back more often. Like you said, you want a polite conversation about it, so do I. I want to have positive constructive feedback conversation with a dev soon. I have a lot of good ideas I want to give to you guys.

> "I'm not sensitive at all"

literally 1 person said something stupid

is there any form of social media free from morons?

i feel bad for the guy, he must have horribly thin skin, which isn't great for someone who is a creative professional

but whatever, back to waiting for game types 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I saw a ton of legitimate questions, and one garbage post. 

All things considered, that is a pretty good day for the internet. 

Regardless, we will have to step up moderation so we can provide a suitable environment so people with real questions can get some answers.

Very lame to see one person ruin it for the rest. 

We are better than that guys. 

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Agree no one should be shitting on him, but look, Rolf is one fucking guy. Internet forums have toxic people. You can't just leave because of one person when we literally were just asking him legitimate questions...

If you can't handle one person like that, man I fear for how fragile your tolerance is.

Basically this.

This is a community side, our mods and staff are humans and will miss stuff / won't be around 24/7. We can't be personal bodyguards to "VIPs" on the forums sadly. We will always try and do our best moderate.

I'd apologize but the whole thing is just funny. Until next time.

Edit - on mobile, damn you @@Saucey

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh give me a break. Pretty much every time Frankie comes here it's to insult someone or post something completely irrelevant. And when he doesn't, like a few minutes ago, he just gives us extremely vague news and info.

Look, all I and other members here want is a discussion about certain design decisions they took. Like asking about the magnetism, or map design, and if any of those things are going to be changed/tweaked anytime soon. Point me to ONE post where a 343 employee came here and justified or discussed any design decision they made. I'll wait. Why should we be ever so grateful because after months of silence a dev decided to drop by and tell us pretty much nothing of worth?

This is actually numerically false. The majority of my posts ever on TeamBeyond are answering questions. If you don't like my posts, put me on ignore and stop derailing the conversation.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 5

This is actually numerically false. The majority of my posts ever on TeamBeyond are answering questions. If you don't like my posts, put me on ignore and stop derailing the conversation.

My man, I know your time is precious, but if one guy ruins everyone elses feedback, isnt that just unfair to people asking legitimate questions? No internet site can be perfect, and we had a semi good thing going before Rolf showed up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So when is infection coming to Halo 5?

Is radar a given for the HCS through the World Finals?

I know this is delving into a realm where only technowizards know the truth, but @@Frankie , is 343i still investigating what the cause is of connection issues for so many Time Warner Cable users? Just wondering if that was ongoing or if it's been completely settled that it's NOT an issue on the Azure end of things

Well atleast I had some entertainment in the couple of hours of free time I had today. Which I thought would be apent on h5...

I know this is delving into a realm where only technowizards know the truth, but @@Frankie , is 343i still investigating what the cause is of connection issues for so many Time Warner Cable users? Just wondering if that was ongoing or if it's been completely settled that it's NOT an issue on the Azure end of things

We're investigating it. I can't comment on TW's behalf obviously, but it's a known issue.

• Upvote (+1) 4

My guess is we will have Oddball and KOTH back at some point later this year. We will be able to use that gametype during HCS Season 4. Hope this is the case.

@@Frankie

How would you rate 343's community interaction? Especially in regards to what the halo community was used to with bungie.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Here we go again...

What?

It's a serious question. Dev interaction is an integral part of community building.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Frankie

How would you rate 343's community interaction? Especially in regards to what the halo community was used to with bungie.

Passive aggressiveness at its finest. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

What?

It's a serious question. Dev interaction is an integral part of community building.

Yep. Think a better question would be what they think they do well in community interaction and what they don't, though.