CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So you hate your player base?

Could you refrain from driving away any 343i employee that wanders onto this site? Thanks.

Love, 

The rest of TB, and 343i.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Could you refrain from driving away any 343i employee that wanders onto this site? Thanks.

Love, 

The rest of TB, and 343i.

Heaven forbid we don't provide a safespace for 343i employees so they can grace us with their presence and worthless status updates.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If anyone is being scared off by one little comment, they shouldn't have got on the Internet in the first place.

@@Frankie

Any reason the magnetism is high? Don't think anyone can say its disputable or subjective; hell, take a look at Vetoed's sig. In the age of dedicated, why is magnetism necessary?

Heaven forbid we don't provide a safespace for 343i employees so they can grace us with their presence and worthless status updates.

If anyone is being scared off by one little comment, they shouldn't have got on the Internet in the first place.

That's not the point. We as a halo community get very little developer interaction as it is. Should their employees be a bit less sensitive? Perhaps, but we can also make a conscious effort not to be dicks and asshats. THAT will lead to more involvement, not slapping any of them that come to this site.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Phenomenal way to engender conversation there.

honestly, we have frankie in here answering questions left and right and then the same idiots as usual come in and literally push him out of the forum with childish and stupid posts

well done guys! failfish.png

some mods that dont hesitate to swing banhammers would do this forum quite well tbh

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

honestly, we have frankie in here answering questions left and right and then the same idiots as usual come in and literally push him out of the forum with childish and stupid posts

some mods that dont hesitate to swing banhammers would do this forum quite well tbh

To be perfectly honest, he did leave in something of a hurry.

Heaven forbid we don't provide a safespace for 343i employees so they can come here and grace us with their presence and worthless status updates.

Well, what do we want? I'm tired of the incredible amount of negativity here lately. People complained there was no developer interaction and then we get some and it takes no time for someone to make a post that literally has no constructive merit to it at all.

People could post whatever they want. Frankie could ignore whatever he wants. I am just sick of us acting like we've never done anything to warrant a developer to not want to interact with us.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I want to +rep you but I am at my quota. As lethul said, we all need a nazi in our lives some time. I think this is one of those times.

Edit: 

you too :(

Edit 2: 

I need more +rep  :wutface:

Well, what do we want? I'm tired of the incredible amount of negativity here lately. People complained there was no developer interaction and then we get some and it takes no time for someone to make a post that literally has no constructive merit to it at all.

People could post whatever they want. Frankie could ignore whatever he wants. I am just sick of us acting like we've never done anything to warrant a developer to not want to interact with us.

343 really can't win with the Halo community.

No interaction and people get pissed.

or

Interaction and people take it as an opportunity to take shots.

or

Interaction and people get pissed if they don't hear exactly what they want.

Damned if they do damned if they don't. FeelsBadMan

• Downvote (-1) 1

I don't get it.

You know that the guys who talk to us will usually leave when you start being asses, and then you'll complain as soon as they don't talk. Yet when they finally come back to try the whole interaction thing again, you'll be asses again.

I'm not going to stick around if someone is accusing me of killing Halo, or saying I'm terrible at my job or whatever other insult is thrown around here when a developer posts, I'm likely just going to leave and maybe come back in a few months time to see if it has stopped.

If you want people to stick around, then it's simple. Just don't be an ass. No one is asking to to kiss ass or say Halo 5 is the best thing ever - just don't be an ass.

Agree no one should be shitting on him, but look, Rolf is one fucking guy. Internet forums have toxic people. You can't just leave because of one person when we literally were just asking him legitimate questions...

If you can't handle one person like that, man I fear for how fragile your tolerance is.

• Upvote (+1) 5

What's the ratio of well intended posts to the opposite in that last interaction? Someone made one negative comment, that is not cause to end the fucking world here.

• Upvote (+1) 3

That's not the point. We as a halo community get very little developer interaction as it is. Should their employees be a bit less sensitive? Perhaps, but we can also make a conscious effort not to be dicks and asshats. THAT will lead to more involvement, not slapping any of them that come to this site.

Oh give me a break. Pretty much every time Frankie comes here it's to insult someone or post something completely irrelevant. And when he doesn't, like a few minutes ago, he just gives us extremely vague news and info.

Look, all I and other members here want is a discussion about certain design decisions they took. Like asking about the magnetism, or map design, and if any of those things are going to be changed/tweaked anytime soon. Point me to ONE post where a 343 employee came here and justified or discussed any design decision they made. I'll wait. Why should we be ever so grateful because after months of silence a dev decided to drop by and tell us pretty much nothing of worth?

• Upvote (+1) 6

There was one negative post out of like 30 replies. If all it takes is one post then its just an impossible standard for a public forum.