CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Tom French is destroying lives with Forge.

Can we just have John Howard, Hardy LeBel, Joseph Staten, Josh Menke, and Tom French all work on a Halo game by themselves?

John Howards role in both Halo CE and Shadowrun were very minimal to how the game turned out. By any chance did you watch Hardy's web seminars?

They cant put medals in post game report, what makes you think they would be able to that

There's a difference between can't and is not currently there.

In this context, "units sold" only tells you what people thought of the last game. xD

I hated halo 4 and bought 5.

I hated halo 4 and bought 5.

I figured. My point was in agreement with yours that, in the grandiose scheme, the sales numbers of a game only enforce how much hype surrounds it, which is different from what people actually think of it - which so far - is only expressible via playing the game.

I love me some btb but I don't understand the love for sandtrap. The map had no flow to it and the weapon placements seemed very random.

There's nothing wrong with "Randomness" in a big map if it's relatable - the better term would be "emergent" - since what you're really talking about with Sandtrap, is unexpected routes and strategies. that map had loads of simple flows and routes that people would take, but also had lots of opportunities for comebacks and upsets thanks to people taking advantage of lesser-used spaces. I'd argue there were really no "dead" areas in Sandtrap Slayer games, and even Objective games could feature new sneak routes long into its lifespan. And the weapon placements weren't really random at all, with that in mind. Everyone raced for their favorite spot on game start.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Gotta love when you can't forge because the dedicated servers aren't working.

Which happens several times a week.

• Upvote (+1) 4

There's nothing wrong with "Randomness" in a big map if it's relatable - the better term would be "emergent" - since what you're really talking about with Sandtrap, is unexpected routes and strategies. that map had loads of simple flows and routes that people would take, but also had lots of opportunities for comebacks and upsets thanks to people taking advantage of lesser-used spaces. I'd argue there were really no "dead" areas in Sandtrap Slayer games, and even Objective games could feature new sneak routes long into its lifespan. And the weapon placements weren't really random at all, with that in mind. Everyone raced for their favorite spot on game start.

Any talks on adjusting the weapon layout on Overgrowth?

Any talks on adjusting the weapon layout on Overgrowth?

We continual look weapon placement, especially in newly released maps.

What are your personal thoughts about overgrowth and its weapon placements?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How soon can we see an update on Overgrowth weapon change?

Also, any words on Oddball, Assualt, and King of the hill?

• Upvote (+1) 1

cannot find any game at all and also cannot join any friends, are the servers down?

its the same for 3 of my friends

I've been trying to start a forge game for the last hour to no avail. So, it's not just you.

cannot find any game at all and also cannot join any friends, are the servers down?

its the same for 3 of my friends

Xbox Live is having issues.

I have no proof of anything, but it seems like the gametype selection might be different depending on your rank. I have a few alt accounts and I find that on those I get an incredibly high number of slayer and arena breakout. When I play on an Onyx account around 1700+ I notice I get a higher percent of strongholds and CTF games.

There's something afoot with Live matchmaking right now. We're watching it and will update. I don't think it will take long.

As for weapon placement on Overgrowth, I PERSONALLY like some of the "problem" things - including being wicked OP with sword when combined with lateral and boost-driven window jumps, but we're going to revisit once it's "settled" since players are adjusting to things still. No point yanking a weapon only to find out that there was a simple Rock/Paper solution that emerges in gameplay - that said NO map is perfect initially and we have zero philosophical resitance to adjusting things.

It just feels frustrating because we have to wait for patterns to settle.

Also the weapon balance in SWAT is pretty fair, IMO.

Has there been any discussion at all about the magnetism/aim assist issues with precision weapons in Halo 5, as well as the balancing issues relating to the power of automatics vs. the precision weapons and the skill-discrepancy?

• Upvote (+1) 3