CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

It is 2016 and I STILL don't feel the aiming as broken'.

It's 2016 and people are STILL fine with 720p, 30fps and input lag. 

The pistol's lack of RRR and zoom are why it is "hard" to use.

This is not a good thing.

Oh for sure. If they increased the RRR of the pistol, reduced the bullet magnetism a ton and made it a 4sk, this game would be so much better. I hate the constant zoom battles that occur with the pistol even at medium range, not fun or competitive. 

How many people on this forum complained about the aiming in the beta?

I'm not denying the aiming hasn't been changed and that a fair number of people don't like how it feels now. I'd like to know how it's objectively worse.

There's a lack of proof on either side of this argument it seems. Just both sides claiming they're telling the truth and that the other is lying...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm not denying the aiming hasn't been changed and that a fair number of people don't like how it feels now. I'd like to know how it's objectively worse.

There's a lack of proof on either side of this argument it seems. Just both sides claiming they're telling the truth and that the other is lying...

Its very very difficult to make minuscule adjustments, especially with the pistol. And the aiming just feels heavy as hell, the options added helped a little bit but not much.

TL;DR apparently everyone in this company is a seedy douche, which goes along with my original sentiments.

Well shit, if we knew that (i.e. if a developer was actually willing to delve into the technical aspects of the aiming system), we would be in a much better place to demand change.

• Upvote (+1) 2

After playing Star Wars Battlefront for about 30 hours, I played H5 and holy crap, the aiming issue is absolutely 100% true. It felt so heavy and unresponsive. I had to turn my sensitivity to 9 until I could finally adjust to it and slowly lower it to 4 again.

For me, it's that the aim feels "heavier." It's much more difficult to make accurate twitch adjustments to your aim, compared to previous games. We don't know exactly how things have changed between now and the beta, but you can even see the difference by comparing beta footage to how reticle movement looks in the current game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For me, it's that the aim feels "heavier." It's much more difficult to make accurate twitch adjustments to your aim, compared to previous games. We don't know exactly how things have changed between now and the beta, but you can even see the difference by comparing beta footage to how reticle movement looks in the current game.

Yea, I go back and watch my beta footage and I can tell the difference just by watching myself play. I have always had a twitchy style aim and now I'm forced to aim in a completely different style and it sucks. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

This would be a great time for a new QUALITY halo channel to come up and steal the audience. Just saying.

I heard @@Clicked is making some sick videos on some random channel.

:ghost:

Yea, I go back and watch my beta footage and I can tell the difference just by watching myself play. I have always had a twitchy style aim and now I'm forced to aim in a completely different style and it sucks. 

I just went back and watched a beta gameplay of Slayer on Truth and the aiming difference is so noticeable.

EDIT: Also killcams. Happy they cut those entirely rather than adding an opt-out option like originally promised.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I can play later today but I'm only average though :/

As long as you can use your thumbs to play, it doesn't really matter. But we've had some bad teammates in the past.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just went back and watched a beta gameplay of Slayer on Truth and the aiming difference is so noticeable.

EDIT: Also killcams. Happy they cut those entirely rather than adding an opt-out option like originally promised.

Yep, its crazy just watched some of my old clips and my aiming was fast and fluid

Hopefully we can get an answer from a dev about the aiming that isn't just telling us about the aim accel values.

I know Salient is here every once in awhile because he upvoted a dank meme about @@Cursed Lemon being negative yesterday, so...  

going from Battlefront to Halo maks me feel kinda claustrophobic...

Has anyone solid numbers for the FOV of both games?

This would be a great time for a new QUALITY halo channel to come up and steal the audience. Just saying.

Sub to my youtube :kappa: