CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

food for thought: we never saw the spartans not sprinting. we saw them slide, sprint, and crysis punch the ground. we never saw them move slow except going into cover. what if you're always sprinting in guardians? fast paced consistent arena action, weapon only gets raised when you fire. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

moneymike1025, on 09 Jun 2014 - 8:55 PM, said:

food for thought: we never saw the spartans not sprinting. we saw them slide, sprint, and crysis punch the ground. we never saw them move slow except going into cover. what if you're always sprinting in guardians? fast paced consistent arena action, weapon only gets raised when you fire. 

C.G.I., you shouldn't take much away from it at all.

toggle-able... lol

Dude, I've been up for like 20+ hours, I'm tired as fuck and there's been so much news today. My brain is fucking melted right now, don't judge. :c

• Upvote (+1) 2

For the record, AA's are out and 'New Spartan Abilities' are things like Dual Wielding or Vehicle Boarding (new core gameplay features).

For the record, AA's are out and 'New Spartan Abilities' are things like Dual Wielding or Vehicle Boarding (new core gameplay features).

Let's see. Can't judge until we see some serious shite. Yes, shite  :kappa:

I think no AA's for H5 is something a lot of people weren't expecting to hear (just yet). This is huge news for the future. If they listened to us about that, I'm optimistic for other changes they make. Can't wait to play the Beta, it'll be a nice Christmas gift.

• Upvote (+1) 6

By 343i launching a beta almost a year until the actual release of H5 is HUGEEEEE.  They also will be watching closely to the numbers on what game people are playing most on the MCC. 

My faith in Halo is back.

#WeBack

It seems Halo 5: Guardians' "Next Generation Arena Multiplayer" was influenced by Flagship's team lifts. So much fun. I believe in a shared/collective consciousness in game design, so its far more likely 343 devs share a similar interest in evolving the initial spawn experience and arrived at the same team lift concept. Still an awesome idea.

post-30107-Justin-Timberlake-WTF-WHAT-gi

• Upvote (+1) 5

It seems Halo 5: Guardians' "Next Generation Arena Multiplayer" was influenced by Flagship's team lifts. So much fun. I believe in a shared/collective consciousness in game design, so its far more likely 343 devs share a similar interest in evolving the initial spawn experience and arrived at the same team lift concept. Still an awesome idea.

huh.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Haha, not meant to be taken seriously. Hence why I explained how they more than likely arrived to the same initial spawn idea on their own immediately afterward ;).

Wonder what's up with these new spartan abilities and how they differ from armor abilities. Classes maybe? Like Team Fortress style? We also saw that one red spartan tackle a blue one...

toggle-able... lol

That tackling scene was just the beginning to an assassination. You see the red spartan coming from behind so that "tackling" concept isn't going to be anything new

• Upvote (+1) 1

So the scopeless BR in the CGI trailer could actually be a new weapon in Halo 5

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/MA5K_Carbine

I find developers would rather make something up than go back to the lore to grab a weapon. If they need a new gun to serve a new purpose, they'll make one from scratch.

I hope the sprinting in the trailer is just for effect like the Halo 3 trailer where, MC sprints into a bubble shield. Also side note, I hope (and believe) that the MC Collection will have population numbers that show that people prefer the old school Halos. I know I'll be living in the H1 and H2 hoppers. 

Pretty much what @@RipShaDe 41 said.

I was one of the people too who said dont expect much from Halo 5. Dat Arbiter speech CGI trailer was amazing IMO

btw some Halo 5 Beta info from ntkrnl

Halo 5 beta is going to be fun... should run throughout December, 6-8 maps, 2 arena maps, 2 forge maps.

BTW, the maps are going to be huge.

The old games will be fun, sure. I dont have much faith into Halo 5 after that CGI teaser. And Frankie already confirmed that this Map in that CGI teaser is basicly a real map for the game.

I'm hyped for the return of Arbiter. Halo 4 story ditched everything from the past games - characters, settings, etc - and as a result it felt like a detour into bizarro world, almost like you were putting Master Chief in a fanfiction. Bringing it back to the established story should provide a more grounded jumping-off point for 343 to try and develop their take on the character.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm hyped for the return of Arbiter. Halo 4 story ditched everything from the past games - characters, settings, etc - and as a result it felt like a detour into bizarro world, almost like you were putting Master Chief in a fanfiction. Bringing it back to the established story should provide a more grounded jumping-off point for 343 to try and develop their take on the character.

Truth.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is this confirmed? I figured Spartan Abilities might refer to equipment/ power up style pick ups. The community, particularly on Waypoint have been fairly unanimous asking for that one. 

If it's referring to base trait abilities I am a little apprehensive. What new abilities could they give us that doesn't suck or deviate from the feel of Halo?

I really hope they didn't listen to the people suggesting thruster packs should be default. That would really suck. Maybe if it didn't accelerate you any faster than strafing, kept you in first person and was only really any good for mid air changes of directions it might work. Though if we get a double jump I will flip.

I don't like the idea of a cover system, I don't like the idea of climbing, people weren't particularly happy with the last new base ability Sprint and assassinations also suck in my opinion. I would have preferred a hold B to kick mechanic honestly to assassination animations. It could have been used to move boxes around, kick people off ledges, kick off walls mid air to change direction etc. That's what I consider a decent addition. 

Is this confirmed? I figured Spartan Abilities might refer to equipment/ power up style pick ups. The community, particularly on Waypoint have been fairly unanimous asking for that one. 

Yep, confirmed. AA's have been removed, and new Gameplay mechanics are being added. Those two ideas are seperate.

Spartan Abilities added in the past: Dual Wielding, Vehicle Boardin, Assassinations, and Sprint in H4

As for your opinion on assassinations, most people will agree that they are a cool addition to the game. Granted, some people want the option to disable them/opt out of them for competitive play, but majority of players enjoy the added animation.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"BTW, the maps are going to be huge."

Ugh, so basically Sprint confirmed in one way or another. :( We'll have to see.