CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Everyone here should be doing their part absolutely abusing Overgrowth games. Quitting the build? Come on guys, we're better than that.

Im not. Fuck that map. Its not worth 1 more second of my time.

I mean, they put it in the game and we wouldn't be doing anything that the game wasn't letting us do.

Do you really think that they're going to shove away something that was dev-tool made without substantial empirical evidence?

The evidence seems to be there. I'm not going to do this every time I get on Overgrowth because I'm not an asshole and ruin it for other players.

I have not played Overgrowth but I find that hard to believe.

You haven't seen it, you haven't lived through the horror, you don't know man, you weren't there!

One of those moments where people are congratulating me and I'm trying to play it off like I meant to do that...

vA6sktQ.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

Does anyone else think Overgrowth could actually be decent if it just didn't have the shitty weapon layout?

100%

I think they should move Shotgun to Sword Spawn, Camo stays, and Plasma Caster Top Mid across both game types.

• Upvote (+1) 1

One of those moments where people are congratulating me and I'm trying to play it off like I meant to do that...

vA6sktQ.gif

Christ, I remember doing this exact thing in Halo 4 on Exile. Nice clip, may have required a little luck, but man, I can just FEEL the laser impacting them. Feels good, man.

100%

I think they should move Shotgun to Sword Spawn, Camo stays, and Plasma Caster Top Mid across both game types.

Actually, I think they should put a speed boost where camo is and the Prophet's Bane where the shotgun is. Bam! Instant classic map! 

Well now I feel guilty.

It totally wasn't your fault. Sent you a PM.

We dmaq.

With @@Moa done as a mod maybe I won't get banned for 2 weeks for using sarcasm.

And I can finally find out if it was him or @@Infinity rapid fire deleting my posts every so often.

(Prediction time: Will this post be deleted or will I be banned again?)

:walshy:

For real though thanks @@Moa for your continued support towards what I believe is one of the best Halo communities out there.

:)

It's ironic that the lack of voting options was supposed to prevent the same map from being played over and over.

Is anyone against a veto option, at the very least for future titles?

I'm down for veto coming back. The issue with map voting was ALWAYS playing Ragnarok or Haven when it showed up. 

Does this mean no #TeamOrange t-shirts now?

Yes. RIP.

Everyone here should be doing their part absolutely abusing Overgrowth games. Quitting the build? Come on guys, we're better than that.

As shitty as it is to say, this is absolutely true. 

Abuse the power weapons and make people complain about it, that'll get it fixed faster. Don't get out of the map, though. They're working on it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What function does it perform, early detonation?

Sorry man work got pretty busy for a couple hours.

That's not the function I had requested, but I do believe there's a rocket out there that has early detonation.

What I requested was rather than having the rockets lock onto someone with the hydra and have them automatically target, I thought it would be cool to fire individual rockets, hold the trigger, and guide them with your right stick rather than have the game do it for your. This is the video I showed I had posted and in the youtube descriptions are timestamps and explanations for what I am doing.

So until I actually control one myself it's a bit of speculating. I'd imagine in Halo we wouldn't have such sharp control of the rocket, but it sure beats the Perfect Dark's "Fly by wire" rocket mode.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't really understand what 343 were trying with Halo 5 multiplayer.  They added all these abilities that made the gameplay more immersive for casuals.  Yet made aiming difficult such that casuals can't hit anything.  On the other hand they tried to design Halo 5 to be competitive for people like us, yet added abilities that we were very vocal about not wanting.  Seems like they were trying to please everyone and only ended up pleasing very few.

Also the maps just suck.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah, no matter how shitty the map is, you don't quit and leave your teammates hanging out to dry. If I can sit through Isolation in the first few months of H3 TS, you can sit through Overgrowth. All of the voting in games these days have made people too entitled to only play on maps that they like.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Overgrowth would still suffer with a different layout due to ARs and radar crouchers but I do think, even with the layout as it is, that it plays Strongholds well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anyone else think Overgrowth could actually be decent if it just didn't have the shitty weapon layout?

Absolutely not. The map is incredibly linear full of corridor based combat and corner-stalemates, turning it into an absolute wait-and-nadefest.

I've also mentioned before how much of a ring-a-round the rosy this map is, with top mid incredibly one-dimensional and bottom mid useless.

Overgrowth would still suffer with a different layout due to ARs and radar crouchers but I do think, even with the layout as it is, that it plays Strongholds well.

Totally, but it'd be nice to see how it plays with a different weapon layout.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry man work got pretty busy for a couple hours.

That's not the function I had requested, but I do believe there's a rocket out there that has early detonation.

What I requested was rather than having the rockets lock onto someone with the hydra and have them automatically target, I thought it would be cool to fire individual rockets, hold the trigger, and guide them with your right stick rather than have the game do it for your. This is the video I showed I had posted and in the youtube descriptions are timestamps and explanations for what I am doing.

So until I actually control one myself it's a bit of speculating. I'd imagine in Halo we wouldn't have such sharp control of the rocket, but it sure beats the Perfect Dark's "Fly by wire" rocket mode.

So wait, one of the SPNKRs actually does this in H5?

100%

There should be no shotgun on that map.

• Upvote (+1) 2

it's so cluttered, and with radar, thrust, sprint and the autos, it would still be one of the worst we've ever had I think.

Yeah, no matter how shitty the map is, you don't quit and leave your teammates hanging out to dry. If I can sit through Isolation in the first few months of H3 TS, you can sit through Overgrowth. All of the voting in games these days have made people too entitled to only play on maps that they like.

Quitting the build restarts the search does it not? Ive been locked in with 8 and had multiple emblems disappear which were then replaced by new people.

100%

I want a sniper on that map. There are many hallways so I see it could be useful in skillful hands, well since its h5 everyones hands

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't really understand what 343 were trying with Halo 5 multiplayer. They added all these abilities that made the gameplay more immersive for casuals. Yet made aiming difficult such that casuals can't hit anything. On the other hand they tried to design Halo 5 to be competitive for people like us, yet added abilities that we were very vocal about not wanting. Seems like they were trying to please everyone and only ended up pleasing very few.

Also the maps just suck.

which is basically exactly what they tried to do with halo 4, as pitiful as an attempt as it was.

Quitting the build restarts the search does it not? Ive been locked in with 8 and had multiple emblems disappear which were then replaced by new people.

It all depends on what stage of matchmaking you do it at.

Not sure if anyone remembers me but when I first came to the halo MLG halo scene I was the guy recording post game stats from H2 live event games. I always loved to break down the games and see not only who had the better plays but also who put that person into position to make those plays. As in who properly is positioning themselves to either be able to call out spawns or put shots just to funnel a couple players where you want. Controlling each aspect of halo is what makes you an all around player. Weapons and power ups are only part of this equation. Controlling positions to help dictate the respawn system are equally, if not more, important.

If this interest you to figure out more about the respawns, and what exactly dictates each respawn then I encourage you to help me with some statistics. I need 4 people for the first trial. I believe this will take about an hour so if you can't remain in the game for its entirety then don't bother. Other requirements are that you can simply take instruction. I will be doing a write up about each map, with stats about respawn percentages. If interested message me here (preferable) or on xbl at NBK TwelveGage

Got a little deeper into creating a spreadsheet, that should help break down the spawns automatically for you. Need help with the excel chart formulas. Anyone willing to help out?