CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Wasn't it possible in Halo 3 with Spiker grenades?

Yeah you could do it with 2 spike nades, but it was really really hard.  It was easy with a spike + plasma nade, but there wasnt a map with those two nade types on it. H3 campaign montages were really fun because you could use the plasmas and spikes together.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm getting frustrated with the lack of gametypes and bad maps, I know I'm beating a dead horse but where is oddball? Why is Arena Breakout being forced down my throat, 343's iteration of Search and Destroy? It's not fun to play, though I do prefer it to the old breakout, the 3sk half shield stuff was an awful idea. Look to the previous Halos for inspiration, it's time to stop innovating and start looking at what made Halo great in the first place. Enough immersion. ENOUGH

That and we need better maps. I don't know about you guys but I absolutely loathe overgrowth, I guess it plays alright for territories but I played a game of free for all on it and it was absolutely awful. I hope we have some dedicated forgers out there that can make maps that flow, seems every map is a bit of a standoff in this game. I'm being a big fat complainer so I will say that the pistol/ar starts work well, the AR seems balanced. The light rifle on the other hand..  :kappa:. Also, splinter grenades. Holy hell do they ever need a nerf.

Please 343 learn how to make a decent map, this game is my passion and you keep fugging it up. I'm starting to get salty as hell. Very pleased with WFX's performance, LFG baby

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm getting frustrated with the lack of gametypes and bad maps, I know I'm beating a dead horse but where is oddball? Why is Arena Breakout being forced down my throat, 343's iteration of Search and Destroy? It's not fun to play, though I do prefer it to the old breakout, the 3sk half shield stuff was an awful idea. Look to the previous Halos for inspiration, it's time to stop innovating and start looking at what made Halo great in the first place. Enough immersion. ENOUGH

That and we need better maps. I don't know about you guys but I absolutely loathe overgrowth, I guess it plays alright for territories but I played a game of free for all on it and it was absolutely awful. I hope we have some dedicated forgers out there that can make maps that flow, seems every map is a bit of a standoff in this game. I'm being a big fat complainer so I will say that the pistol/ar starts work well, the AR seems balanced. The light rifle on the other hand..  :kappa:. Also, splinter grenades. Holy hell do they ever need a nerf.

Please 343 learn how to make a decent map, this game is my passion and you keep fugging it up. I'm starting to get salty as hell. Very pleased with WFX's performance, LFG baby

Your off center avatar is really triggering me.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Your off center avatar is really triggering me.

You just had to say it didn't you. Cannot unsee.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Me and my buddy HaloMaggot are wondering what do you guys here at Beyond think about grenade launching in montages? I know it's big in the montage kid community but we wanna know what the competitive fans think about them.

-vid-

Halo 2 and 3 montages had tons of these. I don't think I've seen a montage in recent years that had sticks on par with Halo 2 sticks in montages. Now that I think about it, I don't think I've seen a stick in a montage in about at least three years lol.

Halo 2 and 3 montages had tons of these. I don't think I've seen a montage in recent years that had sticks on par with Halo 2 sticks in montages. Now that I think about it, I don't think I've seen a stick in a montage in about at least three years lol.

Halo 3 campaign videos had them, Not normal montages.

Nearly had a mental breakdown last night in my Warzone lobby.  We were all talking lore like Moas and then someone started playing a HaloFollower analysis into their mic  :wutface:

Any Graphic Designers Looking to Join an Organization?

HoW Gaming is looking to recruit one or two more Graphic Designers for this season. We need designers who can do logos, banners, overlays and revamps. If interested, please contact at [email protected] with a few examples of your work.

Nearly had a mental breakdown last night in my Warzone lobby.  We were all talking lore like Moas and then someone started playing a HaloFollower analysis into their mic  :wutface:

Is the Master Chief who we really think he is?

Sounds like a fun lobby. Unfortunately I was watching the HCS finals. 

Halo 3 campaign videos had them, Not normal montages.

Normal montages definitely had them. Cross map sticks were prevalent in H2 and H3. Were they in every montage? Of course not. I will go search for some videos later (5 am, tired, f that lol), but impressive grenade sticks were definitely in montages back in the day. Including launches.

OT: If anyone using an iphone was logged out / unable to log in on the mobile forum area that problem has been resolved. 

:ninja:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Normal montages definitely had them. Cross map sticks were prevalent in H2 and H3. Were they in every montage? Of course not. I will go search for some videos later (5 am, tired, f that lol), but impressive grenade sticks were definitely in montages back in the day. Including launches.

Of course Halo 3 had cross map sticks, all halo montages had them. Im talking about grenade launches, in which case you couldnt do that in halo 3 matchmaking. They took it out after the H3 beta, mainly because of the H3 beta montage "Calamity" Bungie saw that and considered launching grenades a "glitch"

Of course Halo 3 had cross map sticks, all halo montages had them. Im talking about grenade launches, in which case you couldnt do that in halo 3 matchmaking. They took it out after the H3 beta, mainly because of the H3 beta montage "Calamity" Bungie saw that and considered launching grenades a "glitch"

I swear, we should never pay attention to anything good, the devs will just change it.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I wasn't done, I only cut down on it, since people hated it. Although, that was part of the fun. XP That "UGH, GODDAMMIT" type reactions just made it. Could sense the facepalms.

We'll be friends again once you see my final Forge product, without it being a messy shell. c: Only a few days of work shall be needed.

Edit: Also, to your sig; it takes a special kind of person to not capitalize part their own name.

You should cut down on it forever and that titanic of yours will never bring the friendship back

What do you mean special

Remind me to invade your Forge lobby in eight hours so I can crash my Xbox because you somehow welded 64 lights together.

Wanna come on now? XP I'm an hour early, but MEH.

What do you mean special

I mean "special". You're "special".

You could HEAR the disappointment in some users in the party at that time. That was just godly. XD

Biggest piss-off on the planet when you wanna Forge, and normally would be able to. Why go fully online when this crap happens, and is prone to happen? Jesus... take some more time and please use P2P fallback code, so if your dedies are screwing up, the player can STILL play the game.
T6ogWJr.png

Biggest piss-off on the planet when you wanna Forge, and normally would be able to. Why go fully online when this crap happens, and is prone to happen? Jesus... take some more time and please use P2P fallback code, so if your dedies are screwing up, the player can STILL play the game.

T6ogWJr.png

Yup I cant get in any playlist either atm.. FeelsBadMan