CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

That's a question I can't answer my man. Regardless of what direction Halo goes it, it is always going to sell a shit ton. Even if player retention doesn't reach levels of Halo 2, 3, Reach and even 4, it will always make a ton of money in sales and I guess REQ pack sales now. Lets not forget the non-game products too like books, megabloks, etc. 

There's no doubt that people like Halo 4 for what it was, but that didn't make the MP team shy away from fixing big issues with that game for Halo 5. 

Saying that Halo will always sell a ton is a pretty big assumption. As far as the numbers I've seen, Halo 5 sold considerably less than Halo 4. This doesn't bode well for Halo 6.

Halo 5 replaced Halo 4's big issues with more big issues.

Why else are they still talking to other people on places like Forgehub, r/Halo, and Twitter but not here?

Do you think they respond actively to criticism in those places?

No. They don't. It's status updates.

• Upvote (+1) 4

You honestly think that fan feedback had absolutely no effect on H4 to H5?

Really?

Also you're talking rubbish if you think 343 haven't been listening to feedback for H5.

- Orion removed

- SWAT settings modified

- FFA set to 6 players (I know some people don't like this but SO many people were asking for it)

- JIP removed from BTB

- Social playlists added

- Arena Breakout replacing Team Arena

Sure some of these things should have been that way from the start but saying they haven't responded to feedback is rubbish.

The game isn't any better now than it was day 1.

• Downvote (-1) 2

It's amazing how you guys keep asking this incredulously of me, and yet you can't support the idea to save your lives.

How about that fact that almost every aspect which people heavily complained about got removed or changed?

https://youtu.be/0H2wIB7h-9k

How about in this video where they straight up acknowledge some people don't like sprint then explain how they're changing it because of that?

Not related to the changes from 4 but very related to fan feedback, how about this entire article?

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/how-fans-helped-shape-the-multiplayer-of-halo-5-guardians

It's extremely clear 343 are listening to feedback.

You're so engulfed in this vendetta against the company that you're ignoring evidence sitting right infront of you. You're completely oblivious to the obvious.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 8

Idk, maybe the pages of pages ridicule after a post is made?

It's shameful and embarrassing. I wouldn't come back either.

If they can't stand up to criticism I'm sorry but they're in the wrong profession. Any creative endeavor feeds on feedback/criticism its how you improve..If there is a solid logical argument against your design decisions and you run away from it, then you are in denial and your product suffers. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

If they can't stand up to criticism I'm sorry but they're in the wrong profession. Any creative endeavor feeds on feedback/criticism its how you improve..If there is a solid logical argument against your design decisions and you run away from it, then you are in denial and your product suffers. 

That'd be the case if they HAD to be here, but they don't. 

They can easily go elsewhere to hear professional, constructive feedback (and no, I'm not talking about the ass kissers like you know who, etc). 

That'd be the case if they HAD to be here, but they don't. 

They can easily go elsewhere to hear professional, constructive feedback (and no, I'm not talking about the ass kissers like you know who, etc). 

Yeah they can ignore the consumer base they're spending millions of dollars to cater to..That's a nice plan. Like it or not beyond has the highest concentration of competitive players of the web. It doesn't matter if the person is a random forum goer, a pro, or a industry professional if the logic is sound the feedback deserves to be acknowledged...

What is anyone even asking of 343 that is not delivered by every other dev ever?

We want some fucking discussion on the gameplay. I'm not even asking for a patch at this moment. But it is nothing short of shocking that this game has been out for as long as it has without a single word by the developers on the raw gameplay. Unless of course you count their desperate clinging on to Breakout.

Am I wrong for thinking this? Is the game really so good that we've gone 2 months without a single patch while Black Ops III has had multiple in less time? For fuck's sake, there's been more discussion of CSGO's weapon patches than Halo's in this thread. They don't even have to talk about it on this forum if we're such fucking jackasses.

Hey, maybe they're planning on patching the game after the tournament. Fucking FANTASTIC. Why don't they tell us? Why are we kept in the dark after every single Halo release like this?

But I cannot FUCKING WAIT for our next FREE DLC, NEW REQs, AND WARZONE MAPS.

Sometimes, whether they want to or not, they can't say some of the stuff they're doing. And if they do and something doesn't meet expectations or make into the final cut then people like you start complaining

You should read the stuff Tom French posts and replies to on Twitter.  It shows he cares and wants people to have the best forge experience. 

I'm sure they're alright with criticism. Toxic communities? Not so much.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Yeah they can ignore the consumer base they're spending millions of dollars to cater to..That's a nice plan. Like it or not beyond has the highest concentration of competitive players of the web. It doesn't matter if the person is a random forum goer, a pro, or a industry professional if the logic is sound the feedback deserves to be acknowledged...

It doesn't matter because:

I'm sure they're alright with criticism. Toxic communities? Not so much.

Clearly, for them, the cons outweigh the pros. 

Idk, maybe the pages of pages ridicule after a post is made?

It's shameful and embarrassing. I wouldn't come back either.

Hey I was ridiculed plenty back when I first started posting on forums and it was good for me in the long run.

Fans discuss and advocate for change within the game, and the devs intermittently react but mostly do what they want. Story as old as time.

RIP this thread

This is a much more productive discussion then req pack openings and warzone final score screenshots. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

What're you talking about? I'm from ForgeHub and our criticism was actively responded to.

• Upvote (+1) 3

What're you talking about? I'm from ForgeHub and our criticism was actively responded to.

Suggestions and criticism are two very separate things. 

I doubt its our "tone" has much of anything to do with the lack of communication from 343. 343 just sucks at community interaction in general. They don't even post on thier own forums.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sometimes, whether they want to or not, they can't say some of the stuff they're doing. And if they do and something doesn't meet expectations or make into the final cut then people like you start complaining

I find it hard to believe that there's a gag order on weapon tweaks. I can understand how they want to ignore that MCC ever happened, but with something as simple and fundamental to a shooter as how much damage the guns do? I doubt it.

We were criticizing the lighting system and UI.

And how many of these problems either 1) reeked of gross negligence/ignorance/laziness, or 2) stemmed from underlying problems that are a decade old in the franchise? 

Greetings, I'm from forgehub too.

I don't think you realize the major difference between what's wrong with Halo's forge and what's wrong with the outlook of the Halo franchise. I'll give you a hint. One provokes debate and the other one concerns issues that can be universally agreed with.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I doubt its our "tone" has much of anything to do with the lack of communication from 343. 343 just sucks at community interaction in general. They don't even post on thier own forums.

It's our tone, I'm sure of it.

And I disagree. They WANT to post here and communicate, but its painful to do so. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

The 343 guy that deals with forge is awesome. I think the communication in regards to forge has much more to do with him than with the community.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's our tone, I'm sure of it.

And I disagree. They WANT to post here and communicate, but its painful to do so.

Its painful for them to post on waypoint as well?