CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The population is fine

I'm tired of this overly pessimistic hyperbole

Not fine = can't find games on a consistent basis, not in top 10 at any point in any day of the week

It's fucking fine

I thought you were joking because you said there was 200 people playing, I'm not making a statement on the popularity of the game here, I literally just didn't understand the wording of your post.

Also I guess I'm the dick of beyond now...

No. Just... No. 

Doubleshot isn't that hard. Literally anyone can do it within ~10 minutes of trying it. The hard part is actually doing it under pressure where it counts the most. I am at the very top level of button glitches in H2c, and even still I would hit nowhere near 100% of doubleshots and RRBXs. It has it's times where it's useful, and times where it's not. But you know what it doesn't have? It's time where you were losing a fight so you doubleshot yourself around a corner before someone could kill you. 

But I mean, keep telling yourself that button combos are "absolute bullshit".  My god, a videogame expecting someone to be able to press the buttons??! That's a bunch of bullshit!

Right, let's be condescending and completely ignore the other person's points, good call. It doesn't change the fact that doubleshot is mechanically difficult for most people and has zero drawbacks for pulling it off. In fact, there are no times where it's less useful than normal shooting. I mean FFS, it's a technique that lets you shoot faster than normal.

You calling it unreliable is just further proving my point. If it were easy and everyone could pull it off reliably, then it wouldn't be a problem. But nope, it's the worst case scenario. Now you've got a technique that's random.

Say you've got two bursts on a guy in open cover. Normally it's a secured kill, right? Well too bad, because he just quadshot you. How do you avoid that? Oh right, you just doubleshot him before he can quadshot you. So you doubleshot him instead, but wait, you've screwed up because the technique isn't reliable and now you're dead. You had everything in your favor, but you lost just because he can do button combos better than you. Never mind the fact that Halo is an FPS game.

In CE, every "button combo" is reliable and easy to perform. Double melee is [melee+grenade+melee] and backpack reload is [reload+reload+switch weapon]. In Halo 5, the slide boost and fast fall "button combo" is [sprint+thrust+crouch] with no particular timing, limited based on the ramp you choose.

As for thrusting into cover, everybody has that basic ability. It's irrelevant to this discussion about higher-level techniques.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Also I guess I'm the dick of beyond now...

Don't make me post more images of my armor and REQ collection. I'll even go off-topic to keep my crown. >:C

What day do we get the Warzone Premium packs? Is it a set day every week or a week after we entered the code?

Don't make me post more images of my armor and REQ collection. I'll even go off-topic to keep my crown. >:C

HEY, SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!(sorry I'm new to being in the role of the dick)

HEY, SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!(sorry I'm new to being in the role of the dick)

You wanna go, bro? 1v1 me. I will personally demolish you. 1v1. Plaza. Snipers, Storm Rifles and Splinter Grenades.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You wanna go, bro? 1v1 me. I will personally demolish you. 1v1. Plaza. Snipers, Storm Rifles and Splinter Grenades.

Wow that'll be a cakewalk for Grim

Sure, H5 has slightly more skillful gunplay than H2 or H3. Gunplay ISN'T the only factor. Like I said earlier, Halo 5 has some good qualities, but they are almost all negated by other aspects of bullshit the game spews at the player.

But to address your point more directly, as far as gunplay is concerned, yes H5 is a slight step up from H2 and H3. That being said, it's still not nearly at the level as Halo 1. So where's the discrepancy?

Not a slight step up; more like an entire country mile improvement. A magnum that shoots perfectly straight and kills in 1.2 seconds is a light-year better than the bullet-spreading travesty that is the Halo 3 BR. And the H2 BR was boring as fuck to use since it was so goddamn forgiving. Come on dude, be honest with yourself here.

If it's such a good fucking game, why did it really shit the bed regarding having a big and prosperous community? Seriously, you're saying that it's this fantastic competitive powerhouse, and we've already seen for ourselves that 343 pimped the game out to casuals for that quick $60. So please explain how the numbers add up? According to my calculations, EVERYONE should love this game and it should be 3 times the shit as H2 or H3 ever were.

What am I reading? This is like a non-sequitur a child would make. Popularity =/= competitive merit. There's no connection. 

And I never said the game is a competitive powerhouse or anything. I'm just someone who is able to appreciate Halo 5 for what it is: a flawed, albeit solid video game. It's not quite ideal Halo, but looking at it more objectively, it's clear that the game's skill ceiling is present and is a notable improvement over the past four Halo games.

Sure, H2, H3 and v7 weren't perfect, but as a whole they offered a MUCH more cohesive package than anything 343 could ever dream of delivering. (Jesus, I can't believe I'm defending H3 in the same breath as H2) At least H2 and H3 FFA's didn't need to be switched to 6 player just to be somewhat cohesive. At least people in Team Hardcore and MLG weren't forced to play with radar on. At least the autos in h2 and h3 didn't completely dump on the utility weapon. At least games of H2 and H3 played cohesively, albeit team-shooty. At least H2&3 players weren't forced to play some stereotypical futuristic military space-jockey sprint fest with ADS, ground pound, spartan charge, and fucking destiny shotgun slide.

Radar is bad, autos are bad, yep. Spartan charge is annoying, ADS is a non-issue, and GP / slide are both good additions IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

ADS is a non-issue, and GP / slide are both good additions IMO.

Agree with Ground Pound and Slide. Slide however, could be made better by giving you full control, rather than having that moment of delay as you hit the floor. I could certainly see it actually bringing more actual, skillful depth into the game's combat if that were the case.

Oh my god haha you're fucked dude

Much like your dreams of remade Chill Out by your own hands, am I right?

Oh it'll be finished, with no fucking thanks to you pal

And here I was thinking we were MLG TPG after that sweaty doubs on Eden

Oh it'll be finished, with no fucking thanks to you pal

And here I was thinking we were MLG TPG after that sweaty doubs on Eden

Oh, we sure as hell still are MLG TPG. I'm just saying, FINISH THE MAP.

Oh, we sure as hell still are MLG TPG. I'm just saying, FINISH THE MAP.

Damn dude, what are you, my mother?

I will finish it when i finish it

Of all the people, you chose @@Shekkles. Joking of course, what was your gamertag? Sorry about the beating.

1v1

So who wants to give the the last 3 months of cliff notes in the continuous train wreck that is Halo?

(And I'm sick of vanishing months at a time. I don't mean to be adulting so hard.)

• Upvote (+1) 1

So who wants to give the the last 3 months of cliff notes in the continuous train wreck that is Halo?

(And I'm sick of vanishing months at a time. I don't mean to be adulting so hard.)

We got Forge.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Agree with Ground Pound and Slide. Slide however, could be made better by giving you full control, rather than having that moment of delay as you hit the floor. I could certainly see it actually bringing more actual, skillful depth into the game's combat if that were the case.

Slides already good enough in this game when you include exploits. Super slide, thrust slide and fast fall make slide 100x better

The population is fine

I'm tired of this overly pessimistic hyperbole

Not fine = can't find games on a consistent basis, not in top 10 at any point in any day of the week

It's fucking fine

I and many others cant find games on a consistent basis

@,

sorry man, I tried to party up, but you were already in a game.

Yeah no worries man, just got my timing wrong. I'm trying to get on this botch of a game more often, to play with friends.