CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I guarantee you that 4 Storm Rifles could beat four rockets in a 4v4. Even if its debatable, it just shows how unfair that weapon is.

another thing.. What are some weapons you guys get reqt by that you still dont know how to use? Mines are the carbine, needler and suppressor.

I feel like certain people are in love with h5 simply because now that the overwhelming majority of good halo players have left thier standing within the competitive community has risen.

"Omg Im champion, this game is the greatest!"

Of course people who are better at a particular game are going to prefer it

That's just common fucking sense, what's your point?

Your typical CS/Quake/UT player consider Halo 2 to be the laughingstock of FPS games, when are you going to understand what a "preference" is

By using your style of argument, I could just compare Halo to any older generation FPS and make any Halo game look like pure unfiltered trash by doing so

That's just common fucking sense, what's your point?

Maybe that this community is expected to be above that kind of clouded logic when trying to hash things out in a debate.

Fuck me though, right?

Maybe that this community is expected to be above that kind of clouded logic when trying to hash things out in a debate.

Fuck me though, right?

The point is if you truly want to be above what you're describing as "clouded logic" you wouldn't be playing a console shooter in the first place

But you are, because it's your preference

• Upvote (+1) 1

The point is if you truly want to be above what you're describing as "clouded logic" you wouldn't be playing a console shooter in the first place

But you are, because it's your preference

Just because I like something doesn't mean I can't evaluate it with a clear outlook

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just because I like something doesn't mean I can't evaluate it with a clear outlook

True but people who are good may also genuinely like the game and the way the weapons / mechanics are, does that means they can't evaluate it clearly?

Your typical CS/Quake/UT player consider Halo 2 to be the laughingstock of FPS games, when are you going to understand what a "preference" is

I don't know why you're grouping Quake/UT with CS fans. The communities pretty much hate each other. It used to be Quake vs UT. When CS came out, no one took the game competitively because of the dumbed down movements, then when Valve bought it, they promoted it to hell and back and it mainly got popular because of mod support more-so than the game itself. It was until the late 2000's until those who grew up with CS that the game was taken seriously competitively. Now the Quake and UT communities respect each other and just talk shit on CS fans.

Yes, Halo was considered "my first FPS" for a while but once CS started becoming more popular in terms of competitive play, Halo (the first 3 games) got a lot more respect from the Quake/UT fans because compared to CS, it at least still maintained the vertacility, long TTK, and weapon mechanic variety. Basically, Halo was considered a bad move at the time but with how the industry is now, the Quake/UT fans realized that the first three Halo games weren't as bad as they could be.

• Upvote (+1) 3

True but people who are good may also genuinely like the game and the way the weapons / mechanics are, does that means they can't evaluate it clearly?

Ay yo. Added ya, wanna play a few games before I jump off?.

I'm not here to pass judgment on any one person for arguing with a bias concerning their favorite Halo games. I just call it like I see it, and I heavily disagree that H5 is as good competitively as some people are saying.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't know why you're grouping Quake/UT with CS fans.

To make clear he's a supreme edgelord who's even more elitist than Halo 1 elitists.

Honestly, this thread is cancer. I pop in from time to time to see if there's anything meaningful being discussed, and if it's not blind hate being thrown at the game, it's IcePrincess talking about REQs and her armour collection.

Brah, I haven't spoken on that in so long.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Brah, I haven't spoken on that in so long.

but it's your sig so youre still talking about it, even when you're not talking about it. /s

Also, I thought we were done hating one certain forum members, maybe I'm just being entitled or something for wanting people to not be dicks or something...

• Upvote (+1) 1

but it's your sig so youre still talking about it, even when you're not talking about it. /s

Also, I thought we were done hating one certain forum members, maybe I'm just being entitled or something for wanting people to not be dicks or something...

Totally entitled. Goddammit, Grim. /s

I guarantee you that 4 Storm Rifles could beat four rockets in a 4v4. Even if its debatable, it just shows how unfair that weapon is.

another thing.. What are some weapons you guys get reqt by that you still dont know how to use? Mines are the carbine, needler and suppressor.

Carbine: Aim center-mass and shoot as fast as possible (you'll get plenty of headshots due to magnetism). Keep your distance and take advantage of it's high RRR and ability to de-scope.

Needler: Play flanky and try to catch people who aren't looking at you. Esp. those out in the open.

Suppressor: Basically the same as the needler. A good flank when there are 2-3 guys weak in an area is guaranteed multi-kills. One thing to note about this one is that it has a short wind-up, so firing off a couple shots before turning the corner isn't a bad idea. Also it maintains full-speed through thrusts and reloads, so use your thrusts and try to reload before your clip is completely empty. (as someone who was a half-decent Mini-gun Troll in Shadorun, this weapon is a ton of fun, but it's sadly outclassed in most situations).

• Upvote (+1) 1

woah woah woah... is someone arguing the fact that... because you like a game, you should like it? this thread needs to respawn, man

Opinions are subjective. But raising awareness about mechanisms and design decisions that break gameplay is actually an objective issue.

If someone doesn't care about the style of shooter that Halo traditionally has been then that is fine. But their opinion will be subjective. When others debate various design decisions that alter gameplay on a fundamental level then that is objective.

Most of the complaints on here go beyond mere preference. Its easy to use that as an excuse to attack them when jumping into the discussion (not you, generally speaking), but there has been plenty of lengthy dialogue to explain the why and how.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm not here to pass judgment on any one person for arguing with a bias concerning their favorite Halo games. I just call it like I see it, and I heavily disagree that H5 is as good competitively as some people are saying.

It's better than Halo 2. By a mile.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Opinions are subjective. But raising awareness about mechanisms and design decisions that break gameplay is actually an objective issue.

If someone doesn't care about the style of shooter that Halo traditionally has been then that is fine. But their opinion will be subjective. When others debate various design decisions that alter gameplay on a fundamental level then that is objective.

Most of the complaints on here go beyond mere preference. Its easy to use that as an excuse to attack them when jumping into the discussion, but there has been plenty of lengthy dialogue to explain the why and how.

I'm not attacking anyone....the only reason I bring up personal preference vs objectivity is because that debates been going on the last 3 ish days and I want that line between the two clear.

It's better than Halo 2. By a mile.

If that were true, I would be playing it non-stop and it would be the #1 most played game, instead of #10, behind Madden football. But back to reality, the game is barely better than Halo 4.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Oh, did you ever finish Chill Out? In the same breath, I'm sorry I haven't been there for the past while, been obsessed with sinking back into my casual gaming state. If you DO need help with it, just hit me up.

Does this mean you'll actually put some work in :kappa:

You can do whatever, I've been so discouraged from trying to finish atm because theres's TOO MANY damn Chill Out remakes.

If that were true, I would be playing it non-stop and it would be the #1 most played game, instead of #10, behind Madden football. But back to reality, the game is barely better than Halo 4.

TIL Shadowrun sucks, MW2 is better than CoD4, halo 3 is better than halo 1, etc etc

• Upvote (+1) 3

TIL Shadowrun sucks, MW2 is better than CoD4, halo 3 is better than halo 1, etc etc

Counter Strike is better than Quake.

• Upvote (+1) 2