CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So are people still having connection problems while playing h5? I never had problems on it until recently where the game just stops and everyone walks into wall for like 30 seconds. I remember people saying its time warner users and thats what i have but i hadn't had any problems until a few days ago

Did you guys know about this spot on overgrowth, i haven't been on here in awhile so i don't know if someone has seen this. I hated this map before but after this spot it is even worse.

http://i.imgur.com/z8LPCP7.gifv

They're working on a fix.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm just saying.

bYHu9k3.gif

Work in progress, sort of. Planning on making a video full of these at some point in attempt to actually allow people to visualize the aesthetic issues more clearly.

zMgv1R6.jpg

PC73bAF.jpg

I like the bottom sniper a lot more :o 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I like the bottom sniper a lot more :o

I would say most people would. We miss that simple design philosophy in Halo, you can have the game look good without having to overdue the design and lighting. Just look at the new Unreal Tournament, simple yet gorgeous. 

Edit: Imagine Halo 5 on PC with Steam Workshop support! It could be like Insurgency and a few other games where people can create weapon skins/complete redesigns while keeping the weapon working exactly the same. Would be so cool! 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Edit: Imagine Halo 5 on PC with Steam Workshop support! It could be like Insurgency and a few other games where people can create weapon skins/complete redesigns while keeping the weapon working exactly the same. Would be so cool! 

Hopefully in a few years, this'll happen.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And effectively make the xbox a paperweight? Maybe when Halo is milked to death, but not right now

• Upvote (+1) 3

Once MS realizes that Halo is no longer a system seller. 

Edit: I see the MCC coming to PC before Halo 5 ever does. I'd sell my Xbox so fast. 

I would say most people would. We miss that simple design philosophy in Halo, you can have the game look good without having to overdue the design and lighting. Just look at the new Unreal Tournament, simple yet gorgeous. 

this sounds amazing i hope it gets more attention :3

this sounds amazing i hope it gets more attention :3

Oh I'm sure they know the want for this, if it ever happens is another story.

Oh I'm sure they know the want for this, if it ever happens is another story.

true time to play the waiting game it seems

TBH if Halo goes to PC it would suck for me because my PC isn't good. I can admit it might help Halo a lot, but it might not. That sniper though, for some odd reason just looks Halo to me. I never really cared for looks outside of armor much but that sniper looks like it would be rewarding. And it looks like a Halo weapon. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

TBH if Halo goes to PC it would suck for me because my PC isn't good. I can admit it might help Halo a lot, but it might not. That sniper though, for some odd reason just looks Halo to me. I never really cared for looks outside of armor much but that sniper looks like it would be rewarding. And it looks like a Halo weapon. 

Its because Halo mainly had a lot of clean textures that skipped out on adding ridges bumps and designs to every millimeter of the weapons and maps. In comes 343 where they over work every design and it just looks like a mess of detail where we're used to flat and clean designs without an abundance of detail on everything. 343 is just visually confusing. Try comparing The Pit to Coliseum 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Last 7 of my 10 games the whole enemy team quit out except one person and we had to wait for 8 minutes while we chased one guy around. 5 of those maps were on overgrown.

3 Halo titles and 343 hasnt done a single meaningful thing to stop quitting or end games when there's 1 person left on a team.

What a fucking first impression for casuals.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Last 7 of my 10 games the whole enemy team quit out except one person and we had to wait for 8 minutes while we chased one guy around. 5 of those maps were on overgrown.

3 Halo titles and 343 hasnt done a single meaningful thing to stop quitting or end games when there's 1 person left on a team.

What a fucking first impression for casuals.

They can make quit bans or whatever they like. As many as they like. It won't matter in the end. The root of people quitting is that they don't care to play the game when losing or care enough about their rank to attempt to make a come back. In short the only way to prevent mass quitting is to make the players truly invested in each game so that they don't want to quit to begin with.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And effectively make the xbox a paperweight? Maybe when Halo is milked to death, but not right now

Hence why I didn't say right now. 

Edit: I see the MCC coming to PC before Halo 5 ever does. I'd sell my Xbox so fast. 

I do as well. Would certainly be amazing, especially with each Forge iteration being on there. Would be so cool to advance them, and modify them for use with their respective games.

They can make quit bans or whatever they like. As many as they like. It won't matter in the end. The root of people quitting is that they don't care to play the game when losing or care enough about their rank to attempt to make a come back. In short the only way to prevent mass quitting is to make the players truly invested in each game so that they don't want to quit to begin with.

Such a wrong generalization by the Halo community.

A single game takes about 7 minutes to finish. You won't be able to have a reward that's special. You can finish games so quickly the rewards will be useless. I can just quit a game and get that same reward 7 minutes later.

There will be quitters no matter what. That's the generation of gaming we live in. 343 needs to actually problem solve for once and make a forfeit system or a "game over" system that will end the game if there's 1 person left on a team down by 20 points.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Such a wrong generalization by the Halo community.

A single game takes about 7 minutes to finish. You won't be able to have a reward that's special. You can finish games so quickly the rewards will be useless. I can just quit a game and get that same reward 7 minutes later.

There will be quitters no matter what. That's the generation of gaming we live in. 343 needs to actually problem solve for once and make a forfeit system or a "game over" system that will end the game if there's 1 person left on a team down by 20 points.

I'd agree that the forfeit system is a good idea for the few players that do stick it out. The issue is that so much focus is placed on rewards like REQs or quit bans and so many players are playing for REQs or whatever rather than simply enjoying the game itself. They quit when losing or whatever because they don't really even enjoy playing the game itself as much as they enjoy the feeling of being rewarded when the game ends. Players enjoy plenty of games with or without stupid carrots on sticks like the REQ packs when the game is good. People quit out because they aren't enjoying the gameplay. People often try to make it seem like some sort of generational mindset but I don't believe it. If the game was fun for the players then they would keep playing. Obviously quitters will exist. They always have. Its just when games like Halo 5 struggle to hook people that truly enjoy the game that we have these huge issues constantly. I really think its a developer/gameplay issue.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I find it interesting that the sandbox team is quick to correct imbalances with the Warzone weapons, whereas nothing has been said or done about Arena weapons...

Kinda goes to show what most of 343 plays and/or cares about...

*goes back to getting storm rifled*

They buffed the clip size because it had literally nothing. Come on now.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Can't wait till I get the adapter for my controller so I can use my mic. I want to be able to actually talk and communicate in Halo, and possibly meet new people lol. Haven't wanted that in years. 

I find it interesting that the sandbox team is quick to correct imbalances with the Warzone weapons, whereas nothing has been said or done about Arena weapons...

Lol, "Little tweaks here and there making this game better and better every time." 

Yea, cause increasing the ammo for the Whispered Truth is something we have all been begging for! Their focus is without question, first and foremost, with Warzone and making money off of REQ packs. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

As much as we want them to, it makes no sense to create balance changes before HWC happens.

• Downvote (-1) 4