CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I would punt a puppy if it meant they added party restrictions to matchmaking. So tired of getting matched up against a to4

• Upvote (+1) 1

Soooo any hints of where the gametypes fit in 343's sustain plan? Do they unlock when the population lowers to a certain point?

Man I used to really enjoy reading your posts. Now they're all full of sarcastic bitterness and anger with no real substance. :/

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I don't think we support embedding Xbox Clips/XboxDVR. YouTube links will auto embed, though.

Damn. Anyone know Schnitzel's Youtube? Does he have his map on there yet?

Rockets are timed power weapons that only spawn every 2-3 minutes. You know when they are spawning, you know when they get picked up, and you generally know who has them. They also spawn on contested middle ground.

Automatics are always on the field, potentially anyone and everyone can have them, you don't know when they are picked up or not, people will spawn closer to them, they are on uncontested ground, etc.

I'm ok with weapons being powerful as a reward for earning them, but I'm not ok with people that spawn with automatics or spawn closer to pick up automatics on uncontested ground being given an advantage at a certain range because their weapon is significantly easier to use. I have the same opinion on BRs/Carbines/Light Rifles giving players advantages for doing absolutely nothing other than walking 5 feet and picking them up.

It's really not even close to the same thing.

It's currently not the same thing. Notice how I said to limit the amount of automatic weapons on the map. I think they should be treated as the semi-power weapons they already are.

There's too much shit going on in default Halo 5 that makes it a shitshow, and changing just one thing won't magically make it all better. You have to deconstruct the game and look at its flaws on their own.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Man I used to really enjoy reading your posts. Now they're all full of sarcastic bitterness and anger with no real substance. :/

It was a legit question with some snark. I miss a lot of 343's updates since I don't follow Twitter. My posts aren't always going to be multi-paragraph explanations, also I post in other threads.

Has anyone figured out what the player population has dropped to yet? Or an estimation?

Well if you look at the "Most Played" list on the Xbox One literally as of right now (10:53 AM), Halo 5 is not on in the Top 10. If you goto swbstats.com you can check the Starwars Battlefront is in spot number 7, and its population for the Xbox One and as of right now the population is 33,183 (not the 24hr peak). So people are rightfully guesstimating that the population is around the ~25,000 player mark. (keep in mind that this is NOT peak player times this was done around 11 A.M.)

We are most likely going to see a large increase because of christmas babbies, and 343 is putting money on increasing sales figures and general interest in the game with the HCS's $2,000,000 prize pool. Its pretty interesting to watch this ship very slowly sink.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well if you look at the "Most Played" list on the Xbox One literally as of right now (10:53 AM), Halo 5 is not on in the Top 10. If you goto swbstats.com you can check the Starwars Battlefront is in spot number 7, and its population for the Xbox One and as of right now the population is 33,183 (not the 24hr peak). So people are rightfully guesstimating that the population is around the ~25,000 player mark. (keep in mind that this is NOT peak player times this was done around 11 A.M.)

We are most likely going to see a large increase because of christmas babbies, and 343 is putting money on increasing sales figures and general interest in the game with the HCS's $2,000,000 prize pool. Its pretty interesting to watch this ship very slowly sink.  

Slowly?

I thought for sure before christmas they would announce a REAL(3 or 4 new, dev created), free map pack. Guess I was wrong on that one.

I can't see an influx of christmas players helping this game's population. It still has the incredibly awkward mix of playlists that produce competitive match ups and gameplay that isn't fun to play competitively.

Im pretty sure Reach had a higher population when it first came out for BC, it had 22k on lmao

Out of map exploit for Overgrowth is being worked on.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What else would you expect?

The game has shortcomings, people tried to find some common ground but 343 doesn't seem to be willing to change anything..

Damn, was hoping for a removal. Every game is complete fucking torture.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Fuck

I was hoping they would just remove the map from MM.

I didn't even know you could get out of the map.

Anyone wanna play some? Will play anything from the overwhelming selection of playlists.

I didn't even know you could get out of the map.

Anyone wanna play some? Will play anything from the overwhelming selection of playlists.

msg 'a tb 3o3' for TS

I hate you @Moa. Now every time i play warzone I worry about my k/d.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What else would you expect?

The game has shortcomings, people tried to find some common ground but 343 doesn't seem to be willing to change anything..

Theres plenty of other posts here with substance. That's what I was disappointed in.

It was a legit question with some snark. I miss a lot of 343's updates since I don't follow Twitter. My posts aren't always going to be multi-paragraph explanations, also I post in other threads.

It just seems like you only come here to bitch now. But maybe I'm misremembering or misinterpreting your posts.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Overgrowth is awful anyway. They should remove it until they fix the exploit AND come up with a new weapon scheme for that map.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Overgrowth is awful anyway. They should remove it until they fix the exploit AND come up with a new weapon scheme for that map.

Preferably weapons that aren't ridiculously encouraging crouch walking bullshit on one of the campiest maps to ever Grace Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I would punt a puppy if it meant they added party restrictions to matchmaking. So tired of getting matched up against a to4

Game doesn't have the population to do such a thing. All it would mean is the game would find worse matches, and would be way slower.

You guys go all sweaty in Warzone lobbies or something?

I posted his WZ K/D which is like 3.4 or something.