CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Been MIA the past 2 days. Anything interesting happen?

The Forge producer was talking about stuff he wants to happen, as well as discussing suggestions and bugs from the ForgeHub people.

Also, we found a new slide boost technique.

The Forge producer was talking about stuff he wants to happen, as well as discussing suggestions and bugs from the ForgeHub people.

Also, we found a new slide boost technique.

How many pages back would I have to go to find the forge stuff?

Dumb question but is there a chance you turned them off under your settings? 

http://teambeyond.net/forum/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notifications

Pretty much everyone in the Company is active now. Will do another purge in a month or so.

I double checked before posting that.  I have the quote and mention boxes checked, and I saved my settings again just to make sure.

How many pages back would I have to go to find the forge stuff?

There you go.

Anyhow, here's the info so far from Duros.

- More scripting channels are a possibility, but they want to get everything cleaned up and working first.

- Water volumes are also a possibility. "if you gonna do water you want it to be reactive... but that presents some interesting challenges we are trying to see if it is possible to solve"

- Duros wants to get more FX added.

- When someone asked about the Falcon, he stated that the Forge team doesn't handle vehicles.

- They might add a grass hills terrain that isn't tied to a map.

- They'll be putting out some tutorial videos around the New Year.

Okay, important new strips of information.

- Recycling Canvases: Duros wants to find a way to reuse skyboxes and turn the existing Arena maps into Forge canvases. For instance, imagine the Rig without the Rig. He also discussed making a water world by ripping apart Fathom and leaving us with the basic area.

• Upvote (+1) 3

There you go.

The forge guys are amazing. They have real passion and COMMUNICATE. That combined with how awesome this base forge is makes me really hopeful about its future.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Was looking through the armor sets 343i's provided us with previous Halo 5 updates, such as MK IV, and Tracer, and remembered one armor set I'd kill for, to return. Prefect. Looks simple in design, nice and aesthetically pleasing, on top of being just badass, and Forerunner-y. Was my favorite armor set in the late Halo 4 times. Hope to see its return.

IY73Os9.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

Would anyone be interested in a Forge Contest based on traditional gameplay?

I've been toying with the idea of taking community made submissions using maps designed around base Halo gameplay without any Spartan abilities.

And then showcasing them on youtube, and maybe even a community game night so that we can get everyone involved and playing together.

Anyway it's just an idea and I'd need help organizing it, but if anyone's interested throw some ideas around!

• Upvote (+1) 9

Was looking through the armor sets 343i's provided us with previous Halo 5 updates, such as MK IV, and Tracer, and remembered one armor set I'd kill for, to return. Prefect. Looks simple in design, nice and aesthetically pleasing, on top of being just badass, and Forerunner-y. Was my favorite armor set in the late Halo 4 times. Hope to see its return.

IY73Os9.jpg

Screw the helmet. Just give the armour.

After playing around with 5 acceleration and 2/3 sensitivity the other day I decided to switch it around and do 1 acceleration and 5 sensitivity and I'm liking it a lot better. Don't know if it makes sense or not and it might not but a lot of it is mental. Every time I played previously I kept thinking about the settings and what I can do different. Could have just had a lucky day too...

We shall see.

I've been toying with the idea of taking community made submissions using maps designed around base Halo gameplay without any Spartan abilities.

And then showcasing them on youtube, and maybe even a community game night so that we can get everyone involved and playing together.

Anyway it's just an idea and I'd need help organizing it, but if anyone's interested throw some ideas around!

I'll throw one in there. Love your content. GT is killmachine9t1, map is downtime. All settings are default except pistol only starts and no spartan abilities.

Just a heads up, its a 1v1/2v2 map though.

this would work as a weekly thing, showcase a new map and talk about it ever Friday or something.

I really want to try a good Chill Out remake and probably browse through a couple of others. Where is a good place to begin looking? I think I might be making Construct after forging around with my cousin the other day and realizing that I could probably do it for real where all of the older forges couldn't quite accomplish what this one can.

Played some forge maps yesterday, this is stuff that we tested in the END of Reach. The quality is pretty solid so far, the best ones I've played are Schnitzels map. That map plays CTF and Strongholds really well (well bottom mid was broken but still smart placement), it's one of those maps where you should really go for triple caps rather than keep 2 caps and stay put which I think is great. It's very fluid and fun. reminds me of a h1.5 map but I cant recall the name off the top of my head

Also played Chill Out in 4v4 and it surprisingly played really well. Haven't tested forge maps since Reach but I am having a lot of fun testing maps again

Can you link us to threads or videos showing these maps please? They sound pretty cool.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can you link us to threads or videos showing these maps please? They sound pretty cool.

i don't think there is a thread or video but if there is one its on forgehub, not here. Practically any actual forget here posts on FH. And All the maps are WIP so none are released yet. We're just testing currently
  • Upvote (+1) 1

(Catching up to the thread from yesterday)

This might literally be the worst spawn I've ever gotten in a Halo game before.

xboxdvr.com/Mythik+Nick/4c60cfd2-dd64-4a7b-a3a0-3ac79646cf9b

What the fuck?

L.M.A.O... Dude that was fucking great. Seeing your character turn as you start falling told me everything I needed to hear as far as your reaction haha  :lol:

I see you guys enjoying forge and all, so I wanna take this moment to put a forger in the spotlight. @@Goat has been doing some amazing stuff with Halo 5's forge and has been making beautiful maps (or well, sections of maps).

Here are some screenshots of the stuff he has been doing.

Genesis:

Walkthrough of Genesis: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/A%203%20Legged%20Goat/video/13378839

Covenant map:

Video of covenant map: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/A%203%20Legged%20Goat/video/13391783

Extra: Video of Industrial map: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/A%203%20Legged%20Goat/video/13353262

Holy crap man.. That Genesis map looks freaking ridiculous. It looks like some Quake style map design; competitiveness aside, the maps looks great. It would be awesome if he were able to texture the whole thing.

You know what really grinds my gears. Preset color variants. Like why not let us pick our own?

Also, please buff Purple.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not cool dude. Sometimes when I am bored at work I read in the Waypoint forums. I could get cancer from posts like this, not knowing you are a troll. You also make it harder for the few cool and reasonable people over there.

Eh, I used to be one of those reasonable people. I'm just sick of arguing and fighting an uphill battle. No matter how logical my argument was, they just didn't want to acknowledge it, and I would just get 'adapt' and 'git gud' kinda responses in return. I suppose that's why I resorted to trolling.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know what really grinds my gears. Preset color variants. Like why not let us pick our own?

Also, please buff Purple.

If you mean for emblems, I totally get that. I mean, I "sorta" get what 343i went for with emblem customization this time as a sort of "new twist" but it was unneeded. Towards purple; don't. Don't "buff" purple. Give us ACTUAL purple. What we have now, isn't purple.