CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Switch skyboxes?

I'll have to play around again tonight but this seemed to be the best of a bad bunch.

Has anyone just tried putting up a shield in front of the sun?

You could either do that, or play with the fog enough so it's a nonissue.

You could either do that, or play with the fog enough so it's a nonissue.

Think the fog might have to be the answer. I'll get everything in place first then see what's what.

Made it up to 14 viewers on my Halo 5 stream. I feel so accomplished.

Now all you have to do is make your face cam 90% of the screen, act really obnoxious and there you go. Next twitch star, all hail.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Think the fog might have to be the answer. I'll get everything in place first then see what's what.

Have you tried changing the time of day?

I could have sworn someone said messing with the cloud settings gets rid of the nasty sun glare.

Have you tried changing the time of day?

Yeah, the only thing I haven't tried yet is rotating the whole map or raising it.

There are risks with the thrust slide.

1. You use the thrust. I personally think it should have a longer cooldown, but it can still get you killed.

2. Getting melted by a teamshot especially against good teams.

3. Potential of fucking it up, which then feeds into number 1 and 2.

I am fine with thrust slide currently personally. Nobody does the GOAT Jump seriously majority of the time, although it is pretty cool to pull off.

As someone who abuses slide boost like crazy, let me add a few more points:

4. It forces you to sprint. This is a pretty big deal.

5. You're extremely vulnerable mid-air. Sure you're moving fast, but your flight trajectory is very predictable. With thrust on cooldown, the only way to stop it is with stabilizers or ground pound, wherein the former is easy to prevent while the latter takes away your weapon usage.

6. It's very easy to stop someone who's trying to slide boost. Shooting them breaks their sprint, giving you the first shot and leaving them unable to shoot back for a few moments. I can't tell you how many times I've been killed this way.

7. There aren't actually that many viable slide boost spots. Just because you can turn any incline into a man cannon doesn't mean that it'll help you. Fast fall is a lot more useful in that regard.

8. Regarding combat, slide boost is mostly limited to initiation. It's pretty much impossible to perform it in the middle of a gunfight, since getting shot will immediately break your sprint. That means you can't use it to run away or reposition yourself.

9. IT FORCES YOU TO SPRINT. THIS IS A PRETTY BIG DEAL.

So yeah, there are definitely risks associated with slide boosting. I've been using it in matchmaking since its discovery, and it's definitely not as overpowered as some of you other guys are making it out to be.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know, I really wish that the Motion Tracker radar was the classic 25m instead of the ridiculously short 18m for ALL playlists that have radar, not just in BTB and Warzone.

Seriously, I feel like I would not get caught unawares and flanked so much when trying to play solo in small-team Arena and FFA playlists if the radar was bumped back up to 25m.

25m will not let you see other players positions from seemingly across the map like the 40m radar did in Halo 4. But 25m would be just enough to warn you someone is coming right around the corner, giving you the chance to put some space between you and that player's automatic weapon. And suddenly your precision weapon has the clear range advantage.

People say that the automatic weapons are OP, but I think that they are fine. I like that they are strong in cqc. The main issue I see is that it is too easy too get into cqc range with them in smaller size game modes, because the 18m radar doesn't tell you where anyone is until they are already in automatic weapon cqc range.

The 18m radar is PERFECT for abusing automatics, as opposed to the 25m being the beginning of precision weapon range, or no radar not being able to tell you if people are close enough to begin with.

Seriously, I feel like this would somewhat fix the problem with autos, even if there are still too many on certain maps and the Magnum could be buffed with a faster killtime. It would also be much more likely for 343I to implement than that sandbox tweak many people want.

Hell, in BTB and Warzone, even in the close range areas of the maps, I don't get angry at being ambushed by automatic weapons much because I am well ready to position myself for a precision weapon fight, even with the Magnum, because I saw they were coming from just far enough away to know to back off if I expect to use a precision weapon, thanks to the 25m radar.

In no radar modes, I don't believe that that autos would be able to abuse their perfectly short radar range as easily to begin with, as I think that players are naturally more spaced out in no radar modes, but I could be wrong.

The H4 AR was about as deadly as the H5 SMG, and while yes you had to pick it up off the map, in H4's Throwdown settings (H4's attempt at competitive settings), the AR wrecking the BR in cqc wasn't an issue at all, and that had no radar.

I would like to push for a universal 25m radar across all playlists that would have radar, or just plain completely remove the radar to begin with. This short 18m radar is not pleasing anyone. It is too useless to be a true Halo radar, but at the same time it is still too useful to be treated as no radar.

I hate this compromised radar. I'm tired of the radar only being big enough to pretty much say, 'hey by the way, this dude is already in the middle of ambushing you', after the fact.

Either 25m radar or no radar please.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I see you guys enjoying forge and all, so I wanna take this moment to put a forger in the spotlight. @@Goat has been doing some amazing stuff with Halo 5's forge and has been making beautiful maps (or well, sections of maps).

Here are some screenshots of the stuff he has been doing.

Wow, that Genesis map looks really dope. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Now all you have to do is make your face cam 90% of the screen, act really obnoxious and there you go. Next twitch star, all hail.

I'd also need to constantly open Gold REQ's. Apparently I'll get fat stacks from doing that.

I'd also need to constantly open Gold REQ's. Apparently I'll get fat stacks from doing that.

Make sure to show lots of cleavage, and to give out your snapchat to subscribers. You will be rolling in money.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is this actually a popular thing? I see pros open req packs on stream but i didn't know it was something people were interested in watching.. hell, I'm about to stream then lol

Make sure to show lots of cleavage, and to give out your snapchat to subscribers. You will be rolling in money.

I now know the key to success in streaming for Halo. I've been doing it so wrong for so long.

All we need now is the special edition gold REQ pack bundle dedicated to pack opening videos.  

So are they overcompensating for making swat ranking easy in season 1? 

I just won 8/10 games with a K/D of 1.7 and got platinum 3... 

Is this actually a popular thing? I see pros open req packs on stream but i didn't know it was something people were interested in watching.. hell, I'm about to stream then lol

For some reason people love watching skinner box-esque videos. That's what of a lot of TF2 content is, opening crates.

Played some forge maps yesterday, this is stuff that we tested in the END of Reach. The quality is pretty solid so far, the best ones I've played are Schnitzels map. That map plays CTF and Strongholds really well (well bottom mid was broken but still smart placement), it's one of those maps where you should really go for triple caps rather than keep 2 caps and stay put which I think is great. It's very fluid and fun. reminds me of a h1.5 map but I cant recall the name off the top of my head

Also played Chill Out in 4v4 and it surprisingly played really well. Haven't tested forge maps since Reach but I am having a lot of fun testing maps again

• Upvote (+1) 2

Played some forge maps yesterday, this is stuff that we tested in the END of Reach. The quality is pretty solid so far, the best ones I've played are Schnitzels map. That map plays CTF and Strongholds really well (well bottom mid was broken but still smart placement), it's one of those maps where you should really go for triple caps rather than keep 2 caps and stay put which I think is great. It's very fluid and fun. reminds me of a h1.5 map but I cant recall the name off the top of my head

Also played Chill Out in 4v4 and it surprisingly played really well. Haven't tested forge maps since Reach but I am having a lot of fun testing maps again

Any way to get in those lobbies fam?

What's your GT btw? I know you've posted it a couple of times but I keep forgetting to add you. Trying to build a TB friendslist.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you're not checking in on that H5 metagame thread, you should.  Holy crap.

Also @@Moa, I'm still not getting notifications for quotes and mentions :(  I was too late to join the Spartan Company and it's full now.  Any more non-active players you could remove? lol.  I feel like a bozo for missing my window of opportunity.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you're not checking in on that H5 metagame thread, you should.  Holy crap.

Also @@Moa, I'm still not getting notifications for quotes and mentions :(  I was too late to join the Spartan Company and it's full now.  Any more non-active players you could remove? lol.  I feel like a bozo for missing my window of opportunity.

Dumb question but is there a chance you turned them off under your settings? 

http://teambeyond.net/forum/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notifications

Pretty much everyone in the Company is active now. Will do another purge in a month or so.