CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

You literally said "At least on Pit you need gunskill".

On what map do you not need gunskill?

Anyways, all this Halo 5 map talk. Halo 5 maps stink of swiss cheese.

Pretty sure he meant Overgrowth, because on that map all you need is sword, shotty and camo.

Forge is cool and all...

But

Most people's friends lists are devoid of h5 players.

There's no way to find or download maps

There's no custom game finder

It's all rather pointless to most people.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I really disagree that all halo 5 maps stink.

I understand a lot of you guys have opinions of halo that are far different from what you're getting out of halo 5, but can we at least take it down a few, tiny notches with the hyperbole?

Fathom, empire, Eden, coliseum, and truth are great maps if you're playing the right gametypes.

Some of the maps are very bad, we can agree on that (overgrowth, Orion was terrible, Pegasus is meh, and regret is extremely situational depending on gametype).

No one is asking you guys to love the maps but some of these maps are good and we should encourage that solid map design so they can take the better maps and build upon it.

If we just say everything is terrible everyday forever, we're going to get nowhere fast.

For those of you who think halo 5 is a lost cause, at least see it as another opportunity to improve the franchise next time; a stepping stone.

There's a common misconception that everybody needs to either hate the game and call out everybody as 343 fanboys, or love the game and call out all haters.

Better feedback via better posting habits will go a long way and who knows, maybe Josh will come back and converse with us like tom French is over on forge hub. Clearly devs have a desire to talk to the community. We just need to stop shit posting and foster an environment capable of dev interaction.

Tldr: if you love halo 5, don't be content, help it improve. If you hate halo 5, don't be content on being done, help it improve.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Forge is cool and all...

But

We're on the Internet, sharing content and finding cool maps isn't difficult. If someone makes something they can post screenshots on here, Reddit, HaloGAF, Waypoint, Forgehub etc. If you make something cool there's a lot of places to share it. Downloading maps also isn't hard, just a little bit of a faff. I'm sure when that guy finishes making the Sandtrap remake we'll all be downloading it.

The current system definitely isn't ideal, which is why 343 said they'll be updating it, but acting like it's pointless is just silly.

We're on the Internet, sharing content and finding cool maps isn't difficult. If someone makes something they can post screenshots on here, Reddit, HaloGAF, Waypoint, Forgehub etc. If you make something cool there's a lot of places to share it. Downloading maps also isn't hard, just a little bit of a faff. I'm sure when that guy finishes making the Sandtrap remake we'll all be downloading it.

The current system definitely isn't ideal, which is why 343 said they'll be updating it, but acting like it's pointless is just silly.

Ya. Downloading it and...?

Playing 3 man customs with the other two people who still play on my list?

My point is that so long as 343 continues to ignore this game's glaring issues adding new stuff like forge is slightly pointless as there's nobody there to play it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

anyone wants to teamup for warzone assault?

GT same as forum name

played 2 games now and my teams so far were just so bad its unbelieveable

you can tell me whatever you wan to but there clearly is some sort of CSR in warzone assault as i constantly am put into extremly bad teams

i mean it really starts to get depressing to play when all you get are teams like these (my first two games today)

VCkx2Jd.png

bWhmdNW.png

Ya. Downloading it and...?

Playing 3 man customs with the other two people who still play on my list?

My point is that so long as 343 continues to ignore this game's glaring issues adding new stuff like forge is slightly pointless as there's nobody there to play it.

Find some people on the Internet to play with then.

There were 16 man customs going on last night from HaloGAF, people on here regularly play together, Reddit quite often has groups playing.

The fact that you only have a couple of people on your friends list playing does not mean nobody wants to play the game. It means you aren't friends with people who want to play.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Aaaaaand just won a FFA on Fathom with only 1 headshot :) Can we please start making a real sandbox 343i?

Wish I could upload the gameplay. Its insanely bad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Find some people on the Internet to play with.

There were 16 man customs going on last night from HaloGAF, people on here regularly play together, Reddit quite often has groups playing.

The fact that you only have a couple of people on your friends list playing does not mean nobody wants to play the game. It means you aren't friends with people who want to play.

Im not just talking about me. Average joe isn't going to search the internet for halo friends.

Game needs its issues resolved. Thier making progress but there is still much to be done.

"The maps have absolutely no flow and are just a bunch of jumbled garbage with clamber and thrust jumps everwhere"

Literally 3 posts up.

But do continue on born again 343 white knight.

You do not know how this game plays in decent levels lmao. Play against Team Liquid or some top GB teams and you will definitely see the maps have flow, power positions but with more variables than other Halos. It's not random, there's just more variables. I played against TL in tournament and in Eden, the way they play is smart as hell. They have positions strictly made obviously for power positions but they do isolations so my team can't back me up when I weaken one of their players. They predict well where spawns will be by blocking/zoning out potential choke points. The whole game was us being zoned out and that's how most of this game plays like, heavy amounts of zoning and spacing. If there was no flow to it and it was random, I doubt Ogre 2s infamous strength of zoning and spacing would be a thing since it's just a jumbled mess of things with no flow, right? But the thing is, Ogre 2s zoning is imo much stronger in this game than say, Halo 3 with how weak the BR is and the lack of verticalityin most h3 maps
  • Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Forge is cool and all...

But

That didn't keep people from downloading MGL v7 back in the day.  With people able to make alts nowadays, someone can easily make an account that is just used to allow people to befriend and download collections of maps.  

All I hear is excuses.

I saw a map on the forums I wanted to play.  Took me two minutes to add him and download his map.   OMG two minutes of my time! OH NO what will I ever do.  

Could file share be better?  DUH.

Is it useless?  Not at all.   

That didn't keep people from downloading MGL v7 back in the day. With people able to make alts nowadays, someone can easily make an account that is just used to allow people to befriend and download collections of maps.

All I hear is excuses.

I saw a map on the forums I wanted to play. Took me two minutes to add him and download his map. OMG two minutes of my time! OH NO what will I ever do.

Could file share be better? DUH.

Is it useless? Not at all.

Mlg v7 in reach? Reach had a MUCH higher population than h5 does.

Thanks to those who reported posts last night. Users have been dealt with.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Tldr: if you love halo 5, don't be content, help it improve. If you hate halo 5, don't be content on being done, help it improve.

I wish the community understood your statement as a whole. Just because someone personally enjoys the game doesn't mean that it is perfect, and just because dislikes the game doesn't mean it is *completely* bad. There is always room for improvement at the end of the day.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 needs to make a classic playlist with no sprint etc and include the best forge maps from the older games. Soon we will have the pit, guardian, backwash, tombstone, sandtrap, narrows and beaver creek from what Ive seen so far.

I would play this playlist no problem.

And with BR starts
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Warzone boys, @@MATCLAN just introduced me to the Long Barrel Battle Rifle. Increases the red reticle range.

Pretty powerful.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Middle of a sunday afternoon.

Halo 5 is 11th on the xbl most played list.

Its time to admit this game needs radical changes.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Middle of a sunday afternoon.

Halo 5 is 11th on the xbl most played list.

Its time to admit this game needs radical changes.

Okay, what would you change then?

Warzone boys, @@MATCLAN just introduced me to the Long Barrel Battle Rifle. Increases the red reticle range.

Pretty powerful.

I would do terrible things for a long barrel Magnum.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I would do terrible things for a long barrel Magnum.

I want some Magnum attachments in general.

The Recon sight on it would look downright adorable.