CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The legendary Scattershot in Warzone is crazy. It tracks players after ricocheting off a surface! I was shooting the ceiling into the tunnel near lockers and getting kills when I couldn't even see them!

They really took a lot of time developing these Warzone only weapons which is disappointing a bit considering the lack of core content like maps and game modes.  

• Upvote (+1) 4

The legendary Scattershot in Warzone is crazy. It tracks players after ricocheting off a surface! I was shooting the ceiling into the tunnel near lockers and getting kills when I couldn't even see them!

They really took a lot of time developing these Warzone only weapons which is disappointing a bit considering the lack of core content like maps and game modes.  

Yeah it's insane, I just recently got it. Check out this dude's montage, he has the technique figured out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I still can't kill anyone in one hit with any sort of Scattershot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah it's insane, I just recently got it. Check out this dude's montage, he has the technique figured out.

That was hilarious, so powerful. 

On another note, how fucking weird is it that we have so many custom game settings that could make this game so much more competitive but aren't even trying them? Even simple things like grenade throw speed and reload speed can be adjusted in this game. Strafe acceleration, jump height, jump gravity, melee knock-back, grenade knock-back (grenade jumping), and so much more! Imagine if we had these settings in Halo 2/3? You bet your ass we would be tweaking those things. I guess that's what you get when 343 runs the tournaments. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I still can't kill anyone in one hit with any sort of Scattershot.

Same. Spread seems too inconsistent even in RRR

I'm a fan of assymmetrical maps that are well made and intuitive (ie. Coliseum)

:wutface:

Not sure if you know what Asym/Sym means but regardless, agree to disagree. I can understand some of the beef with Plaza, its a bit one sided (I wish there were Rockets in Yard) but Rig is one of the best maps in the game IMO.

Same. Spread seems too inconsistent even in RRR

Spread is actually literally always the same, it always fires in the same pattern. There is a drop off in damage as range increases, so thats what you're experiencing.

Anybody toying with any ideas for teleporters on current maps to make them better? Haven't really thought too much about it but I bet there is some map that could benefit from a teleporter. 

Edit: I miss teleporters. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really don't want to do that. I enjoy this community. I'm just trying to get a feel for how active the 4rj community is on beyond. I guess I just expected to Forge forums to be exploding with conten. The main pinned thread was 2 days old with no posts last night. Hopefully forgers are just slaving away on new maps and too busy to post on the forums.

I'm friends with a few people who are prominent in the forge scene or whatever, and none of them post here. It's either Forge Hub or a secret Skype chat. Just being honest on if you need help or just interested in others designs/ideas (someone found a great place to forge outside of overgrowth btw) you are going to have to look elsewhere.

That was hilarious, so powerful. 

On another note, how fucking weird is it that we have so many custom game settings that could make this game so much more competitive but aren't even trying them? Even simple things like grenade throw speed and reload speed can be adjusted in this game. Strafe acceleration, jump height, jump gravity, melee knock-back, grenade knock-back (grenade jumping), and so much more! Imagine if we had these settings in Halo 2/3? You bet your ass we would be tweaking those things. I guess that's what you get when 343 runs the tournaments. 

Yeah, I wish some people would get together to create a version of Halo that's more like an actual arena shooter with high movement speed, an even more responsive strafe, high jumps and create sweet maps for it. At least the ridiculous bullet magnetism would start feeling balanced.

Just out of curiosity, why did you kick 20 people?

Most likely people that didn't play the game at all

Just out of curiosity, why did you kick 20 people?

I kicked at least 35. Inactivity when we had a LOT of active people wanting to join. I have no idea why Waypoint thought it'd be cool to just delete all pending requests.

• Upvote (+1) 1

TB spartan company highest KD and W/L are all mine lol

So when the company completes a commendation I get stuff?

Yup

Wow. Forget what i aid about a desert canvas, you can make a convincing one yourself given the options/features.

Has anyone got anything decent from these daily win packs yet? Keeps me coming on the game but not really worth the effort.

Wish they did special REQ pack deals or free packs every so often like they do on FIFA 

I get legendary req stuff all the time from daily win packs.

Prophets bane

Whispered Truth

etc

I see tons of people with really high K/D and W/L ratios that barely have any time or games played. Do you fall into that category?

Also some of those commendations on the site seem like they'll take forever.

• Upvote (+1) 1