CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Static spawns on Antifreeze the real MVP. It's actually amazing how simple of a creature a human being is (at least most of us): You have died 10 times in a row by using the man cannon at your own base but you STILL insist using it over and over again. My god when the Christmas noobs arrive...it will be glorious. Just like on Valhalla :')

• Upvote (+1) 2

You say asymmetrical, but I don't think you know the meaning of the word. Coliseum is not asymmetrical. It has different aesthetics for the two sides, but it is in essence a symmetrical design.

Yeah you are right, my bad. 

Is the sniper hard/awkward for anyone else?  I just can't get anything going with it.  

Most peeps around here think its too easy mate.  Now the awkward part they might agree with you on. 

Who are the guys here that have been working on classic settings? I need a chat.

I have some 4SK, no sprint/thrust gametypes. They're being designed around 2v2s, though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well the forge community doesn't seem to be too active here.  I guess I need to go to ForgeHub?

Did you make a map or something? I'd check it out. 

I absolutely love the controller adjustments for acceleration. I was able to tune the aiming to a point that actually feels nice.

I have some 4SK, no sprint/thrust gametypes. They're being designed around 2v2s, though.

That's fine man, PM

I see... In the context of social only and 343, your comments make a lot more sense.

But I still don't agree about being slammed is more fun than a close match. Casual play will truly not care either way or it simply has fun for less reason than to win. But fun none the less by accomplishing score, as opposed to frustrated by being pub stomped.

Have you never played social before or any other console FPS?

You guys keep getting fixated on pub stomping and blowouts.

Lets look at it this way. I had been playing an alpha of a certain game. Im very new at this game. I was playing it very casually. I would hop on, play a couple games and go neg in both. Id begin to get bored/frustrated. Then id have a gane where id go +10. Not only would the high from this game erase my negative feelings it would also carry me through the next couple games of going neg.

If this game used tight skill MM though I would just become bored. Why? Because I don't give two shits about winning these games. So winning tight games does nothing for me. All tight MM would do is remove those "high" games that make the experience enjoyable.

You'l see this all the time from bad/average halo/COD players. They will describe themselves not as bad or average but as "streaky" or "inconsistent". Its not that thier play is actually inconsistent its that the MM will occasionally give them an easy game that makes them feel good. These games offset the rough games and create an enjoyable experience.

Have you never played social before or any other console FPS?

You guys keep getting fixated on pub stomping and blowouts.

Lets look at it this way. I had been playing an alpha of a certain game. Im very new at this game. I was playing it very casually. I would hop on, play a couple games and go neg in both. Id begin to get bored/frustrated. Then id have a gane where id go +10. Not only would the high from this game erase my negative feelings it would also carry me through the next couple games of going neg.

If this game used tight skill MM though I would just become bored. Why? Because I don't give two shits about winning these games. So winning tight games does nothing for me. All tight MM would do is remove those "high" games that make the experience enjoyable.

You'l see this all the time from bad/average halo/COD players. They will describe themselves not as bad or average but as "streaky" or "inconsistent". Its not that thier play is actually inconsistent its that the MM will occasionally give them an easy game that makes them feel good. These games offset the rough games and create an enjoyable experience.

http://i.imgur.com/yeAdlsv.png

It looks like Treyarch added skill based matchmaking to BO3 in the newest patch, a "feature" that a lot of CoD players say ruined the previous installment, Advanced Warfare. The consensus is: It increases search times, makes games cross country or even across the oceans more likely and makes every match harder to play, because you have to be on your toes 24/7 or otherwise you get demolished.

IMO the same thing is true for Social playlists in Halo, it's just completely backwards to have unranked matchmaking, but still use a hidden ranking system to make the games as competitive as the offical ranked playlists. Social is supposed to be social and relaxed, ranked is where one can find nail-biting, close competitive games.

Now I'm not saying there should be no team balancing or no skill based matchmaking AT ALL, just that the restrictions should be a little less strict to create a relaxed, but still fair environment.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I absolutely love the controller adjustments for acceleration. I was able to tune the aiming to a point that actually feels nice.

couldn't agree more, honestly I've been semi-obsessed with this game since I was able to remove deadzones and increase aim accel ... aiming and gameplay is so fluid now.  and honestly the maps aren't THAT bad; certainly waaaaaay better than Reach or H4 launch maps

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@@Cursed Lemon What are you playing? debating on staying up all night

I was grinding because I had to stay up for a flight home to Michigan. I'll be away for the week, but anyone can add me for later on.

59fc90cdef742e68460a3758521efd4b.png

To be fair, 343 can actually balance their games. Usually it's just their initial balance that's bad.

Post-TU (and MCC) Halo 4 is actually much better compared to vanilla, and 3SK Reach is great.

Did you make a map or something? I'd check it out. 

Well in the process.   The forums are just really slow.  

http://i.imgur.com/yeAdlsv.png

It looks like Treyarch added skill based matchmaking to BO3 in the newest patch, a "feature" that a lot of CoD players say ruined the previous installment, Advanced Warfare. The consensus is: It increases search times, makes games cross country or even across the oceans more likely and makes every match harder to play, because you have to be on your toes 24/7 or otherwise you get demolished.

IMO the same thing is true for Social playlists in Halo, it's just completely backwards to have unranked matchmaking, but still use a hidden ranking system to make the games as competitive as the offical ranked playlists. Social is supposed to be social and relaxed, ranked is where one can find nail-biting, close competitive games.

Now I'm not saying there should be no team balancing or no skill based matchmaking AT ALL, just that the restrictions should be a little less strict to create a relaxed, but still fair environment.

Dumb movd treyarch. Dumb move.

To be fair, 343 can actually balance their games. Usually it's just their initial balance that's bad.

Post-TU (and MCC) Halo 4 is actually much better compared to vanilla, and 3SK Reach is great.

Halo Reach release date: Sept 14, 2010

Halo Reach TU: Sept 21, 2011

Halo 4 release date: November 6, 2012

Halo 4 weapon tuning TU: March 28, 2013

Safe to assume we've got a few months of enduring a stupid sniper and ridiculous automatics before a sandbox rebalance (that is, if 343 even acknowledges it's bad; nothing has been said so far). Yeah, "we have the option to make quick changes now... we just forgot to mention we'll still take our time". Whatever floats their boat though, I'm fine with ruining Strongside's FFA experience with automatics until he breaks down and begs the sandbox team to look at it.

Too bad I'll never meet the rest of the team in Matchmaking outside of Warzone though. And with random weapons like a sniper that can 1 shot people in the toe and a rocket launcher that fires projectiles as fast a railgun burst with 5 times the splash damage, I doubt sandbox balance is the first thing on their mind.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Head to forge hub then

I really don't want to do that. I enjoy this community. I'm just trying to get a feel for how active the 4rj community is on beyond. I guess I just expected to Forge forums to be exploding with conten. The main pinned thread was 2 days old with no posts last night. Hopefully forgers are just slaving away on new maps and too busy to post on the forums.

Guys... Imagine playing infection on this map oh my god. This map would be the GOAT. It definitely adds in the creepy, sinister feeling to me. It would make infection much more fun to play on.

@@Sal1ent, please add infection. :(

Mate I doubt that would even scratch the surface on creepy shit people could make for infection. Given forge has only been out for a few days. 

I really don't want to do that. I enjoy this community. I'm just trying to get a feel for how active the 4rj community is on beyond. I guess I just expected to Forge forums to be exploding with conten. The main pinned thread was 2 days old with no posts last night. Hopefully forgers are just slaving away on new maps and too busy to post on the forums.

For as long as I used these forums, the forge threads where never active. It's not about leaving Beyond for a new community, it's just forge hug and all of those other communities are literally just better for forge

• Upvote (+1) 1