CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'm convinced truth is one of the worst maps in this game. A game full of awful maps. Like, I actually think regret is better. OG Midship would be spinning in it's perfectly symmetrical grave.

If I were you I would regret saying that.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

I kinda feel like these map names tell a story.

Overgrowth must surely fill 343 with Regret. Seriously, I speak the Truth. If I were the King of the Empire, I'd throw the designers in to the Coliseum for a battle to the death. Where the winner will surely be greeted at the pearly gates of Eden. The losers will for ever be Entombed in Pegasus, forever haunted by the poor decisions they made. Orion.

Poetic genius.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just played a night full of overgrowth with Onyx/champions, playing that nap was so fun for the wrongest reasons. So many Sword roaming and Shotgun/camo/railgun combos

Orion is the only map I despise, makes no sense.

Regret is just a little all over the place and is super linear.

Pegasus is a little iffy on the spawns and Red is a bit too powerful but I like the fight over Rockets and Snipe.

Every other map is above average to great, for me personally. I've only played 2-3 games of Overgrowth so no judgments to pass on it yet but I wouldn't put it below Regret or Orion. Shotgun/Sword is pretty cramped for the tight hallways but there aren't an overabundance of niche-autos to make the gameplay super claustrophobic. I need to get some more games in.

Edit: On the bright side, Overgrowth makes the Plasma Caster super viable and an awesome weapon. I have a feeling that Overgrowth is a lot better on Strongholds than Slayer.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who's playing right now? I'm grinding out all night, hit me up. 

I'm not trying to be disrespectful or a smart ass, but YOU have this game!?

Is it because of Forge?

Also, where the fuck is multi-team? Add that shit in @@Sal1ent.

Ahhhh I neeeeeed octagon or 2v2 flag. Does anyone know someone who has it in their fileshare in H5

Bunniesz23 has CTF warmup and Octagon. Just don't invite him to games unless you know him lol

Pegasus is a little iffy on the spawns and Red is a bit too powerful but I like the fight over Rockets and Snipe.

Every other map is above average to great, for me personally. I've only played 2-3 games of Overgrowth so no judgments to pass on it yet but I wouldn't put it below Regret or Orion. Shotgun/Sword is pretty cramped for the tight hallways but there aren't an overabundance of niche-autos to make the gameplay super claustrophobic. I need to get some more games in.

Edit: On the bright side, Overgrowth makes the Plasma Caster super viable and an awesome weapon. I have a feeling that Overgrowth is a lot better on Strongholds than Slayer.

I don't hate the maps, but at the same time, none would ever appear on my top 10 list. For me, Colosseum is slightly above average and that's about it.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful or a smart ass, but YOU have this game!?

He even called it fun once!!

What-is-happening-GIF.gif?gs=a

Only map I dislike is Overgrowth, Pegasus and Fathom Slayer (I would probably say though that's because i suck ). I'm fine with the rest

I kinda feel like these map names tell a story.

Overgrowth must surely fill 343 with Regret. Seriously, I speak the Truth. If I were the King of the Empire, I'd throw the designers in to the Coliseum for a battle to the death. Where the winner will surely be greeted at the pearly gates of Eden. The losers will for ever be Entombed in Pegasus, forever haunted by the poor decisions they made. Orion.

When 343 took over the Halo franchise it was their Instinct to challenge the Status Quo. What they didn't know is that they were messing with a Classic. To ruin the Dynasty that was Halo was the Breaking Point for the Halo community. After Halo 4 released and MCC was announced we told each other not to Believe the Hype for 12:01am on November 11th 2014 was the Halo communities Darkest Hour. No one thought 343 would Ambush us like that. We know you have the Power to fix this. If Halo continues down this path we'll be sure to show you the difference between Heaven and Earth. We have our Optic's zeroed and won't put our Triggers Down. We Shoot to Kill and when you're on the ground bleeding from your Xzit Wounds you'll look up realize you weren't strong enough to take on the Final Boss.

Any staff from 343, this is just a joke. :)

• Upvote (+1) 8

I'm convinced truth is one of the worst maps in this game. A game full of awful maps. Like, I actually think regret is better. OG Midship would be spinning in it's perfectly symmetrical grave.

The hell are you talking about?

Truth is a fantastic map.

Plaza, The Rig, and Overgrowth are the only maps that really irk me.  I'm a fan of assymmetrical maps that are well made and intuitive (ie. Coliseum) but it gets to a point where a map is extremely cavernous and convoluted. During my first playthrough of a Halo map, I can get a general gist of the map layout and use the basic the intuition I have that carried over from previous halo games.

Lol but on the The Rig or Plaza? Lol nope. I remember being completely confused about the map layout. Don't get me wrong the map design, color scheme, and attention to visual detail on these maps are outstanding but the mapflow is horrid. I remember walking around the maps thinking "how they hell are the callouts going to work?" 343 must have a bunch of stans or yes-men, I really don't know how they OK'd The Rig and Plaza.

I'm a fan of assymmetrical maps that are well made and intuitive (ie. Coliseum)

You say asymmetrical, but I don't think you know the meaning of the word. Coliseum is not asymmetrical. It has different aesthetics for the two sides, but it is in essence a symmetrical design.

Does anyone have the list of weapon kill times? And didn't someone say that once you adjust for latency, weapon kill times are different?

I swear I've been perfected by multiple different guns when I didn't miss a shot with my pistol.

If I were you I would regret saying that.  

I thought this was posted by Ice Princess.

Who are the guys here that have been working on classic settings? I need a chat.