CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

A lot of maps in this game are just unacceptably bad. 

14 years of Halo history, and we haven't gotten progressively better about map design, but progressively worse. 

Just saw this video, 

I think that plain white looks absolutely beautiful on the snow canvas for some reason. (The white of the structure under the ship)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I look forward to a small update from 343 in late 2018 saying:

"Halo! Okay, we admit it. We have no idea what we're doing."

ftfy
  • Upvote (+1) 4

14 years of Halo history, and we haven't gotten progressively better about map design, but progressively worse. 

Honestly as someone who doesn't play on a high competitive level, I'm quite forgiving for a lot of map designs. Though I usually differ to people who take a lot of their time to learn the craft and think about them on deeper level. Why is it that maps are getting progressively worse for Halo, in your opinion? Just simple philosophy muddied up with other ideas and lost in translation later or?

Its strange the effect one guy knowing their shit makes when it comes to map design. Almost like the more knoledgeable you are, the better your map will be.

Just saw this video, 

I think that plain white looks absolutely beautiful on the snow canvas for some reason. (The white of the structure under the ship)

The whole thing just has this very nice pristine look to it. I noticed it when I watched it, too.

Overgrowth wouldn't be that bad if they changed the weapons.

Changing weapon set doesn't magically make sight lines appear.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Got a weird new glitch in Halo 5 where it muted most of the SFX in-game. Only thing that I know fixed it was quitting the build. 

Its not just random and its only in social.

Aka, the same system we had in h3.

There was nothing wrong with how h3 MM worked. Why are people like you supporting nonsensical changes?

I see... In the context of social only and 343, your comments make a lot more sense.

But I still don't agree about being slammed is more fun than a close match. Casual play will truly not care either way or it simply has fun for less reason than to win. But fun none the less by accomplishing score, as opposed to frustrated by being pub stomped.

So here's a hint for the REQ people in this thread:

- Go into Gamestop with only one person working.

- Say you pre-ordered the game there (I didn't) and tossed the receipt by accident.

- Be cool.

- Complain that your friend xxxMLG22xxSLAYERFANxxx has cool armor that he was bragging about from the gamestop pre-order.

- Say you don't have your original receipt, but see if they will give you a code.

- If attendant is cool, get free code for Locke Armor Promotional Pack.

Just did this today on a whim since I saw there were some emblems in that pack that I just wanted to make sure I didn't get in a gold pack. Fun Fact: If you have any of the stuff that actually comes in the Promotional Pack, you'll get 1500 RP for any of those items. Since the pack comes with 8 things, you can net 12,000 RP for free if they give you a code.

Grind on, fellow REQ enthusiasts. 

So if you get 12k RP refunded like when you run out of the common items and the game gives you REQ points when you've gotten everything if it works with gold packs the way I hope it does.

You could basically buy gold packs for free since you would get back more then what you spend.

I still can't get adjusted to this aiming, it feels slow and unresponsive no matter what settings I use.  Is there some kind of buffering going on so that the game can achieve a constant 60 FPS?

We've had three Halo games with assassinations now. I'm shocked that no one has prioritized a fix for assassination stealing.

If someone triggers an assassination and someone 'steals' the kill, the person who began assassinating them should get credit for the kill. 

We've had three Halo games with assassinations now. I'm shocked that no one has prioritized a fix for assassination stealing.

If someone triggers an assassination and someone 'steals' the kill, the person who began assassinating them should get credit for the kill. 

Fix? The act was glorified with it's own medal, but yeah, I think it should be reworked to give credit to someone once they've begun the animation. Seems fair enough.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think it was battlefield, but they did this where if you put like 75% damage and someone takes the kill you get credit for the kill and they get a kill-assist or some shit. I could be wrong.

Just turn it off bro, the animation

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just turn it off bro, the animation

Hardly the point, you want to look cool and get the credit. I mean, as a society don't you think we've left things out of our lives that if we need to slow down and reconnect with as a species, things like style?

For the end of the year, Xbox has a 2015 Year in Review site, whereby you sign in with your Xbox Live/Microsoft account, and it creates a tile summary of your gaming statistics over 2015, including hours played and achievements/gamerscore earned. It also includes data on hours played in the major exclusives this year: Forza 6, Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Halo 5: Guardians. According to Xbox Live data, the average hours played by the community in each of these titles was:

• Forza Motorsport 6: 23 hours
  • Gears of War: Ultimate Edition: 21 hours
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider: 11 hours
  • Halo 5: Guardians: 10 hours

Yeesh. Halo 5 has a lower average play time than Rise of the Tomb Raider, which released later and sold far less, and a remaster of the original Gears of War which, while popular, hasn't historically been as popular as Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Hardly the point, you want to look cool and get the credit. I mean, as a society don't you think we've left things out of our lives that if we need to slow down and reconnect with as a species, things like style?

You dont really look cool assassinating though. Whenever I see someone assassinating with an animation I stamp them as beginners.

You can't exactly do anything about your problem either. Before the guy is actually dead, and you killed him, he really isn't your kill.

• Upvote (+1) 1