CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Xbox Live has got to be better than this. The amount of money they collect from Live subs and it still goes down constantly.  :rolleyes:

Well to be fair I'm pretty sure it's being targeted by an Elite group of neckbearded fedoras. 

At least this is the impression that I get on Waypoint

I think you're naive, lol.

I'm pretty sure they're all just butt hurt from constantly losing to players that are better than they are and they notice most of those kills come from precision weapons.

Just a reminder that even people here were saying that FFA needed to be changed to 6 players.

I used to blame a lot of stuff on 343, (and I still do), but not in this instance. Talk about a conflicting message.

I still think FFA needs to be 6 players due to the movement mechanics. The issues of people hoarding power weapons isn't an issue with player count, it's an issue with the weapons on the map. If 343 removes most of these the mode then becomes 10X's better.

I happened to get banned after posting a rather lengthy treatise on Auto balancing in CE. There was a single offending word in an 800 word post and the whole thing was shot to hell. I can't really say its the mod's fault, because in the end they've got to adhere the site's bizarrely rigid forum guidelines. And yet, chances are that someone reported me for that, considering the whole thing worth silencing because my tongue (fingers?) slipped in a way the censor's couldn't fix. :/

I was banned from /r/halo like a year ago. I send the mods an apology and they unbanned me. As long as you weren't being a massive tool they'll probably unban you if you ask politely.

I think at that at this point ffa should just be removed. It plays horribly in this game, the playlist population seems horrid. That playlist spot could be used better.

We need at least one play list that can be played solo. The options are FFA or 1v1... I love 1v1, but I sure as shit know which one I'd prefer in this game...

VFTn5az.jpg

I can't even...

To be fair it is weak...

When you compare it to the Storm Rifle and SMG.

Retweet this if you'd like to see a better weapon pad system or option:

I just can't handle autos in 'Arena'.

You think 343 would ever feel sorry for us after 5 years of shit to make a playlist for the 11%?

• Upvote (+1) 1

So it's confirmed that forge maps are considered part of the DLC instead of developer maps forge in this game is decent but it's no substiute for dev maps.  :kappa:

Xbox Live has got to be better than this. The amount of money they collect from Live subs and it still goes down constantly.  :rolleyes:

They definitely need to work on security or invest in some DDoS mitigation services.

They definitely need to work on security or invest in some DDoS mitigation services.

Nah fuck security and let the M$ executive fat cats pocket the Xbox Live fees.

What is this sorcery. My reqs are working before a new game starts when I am searching, but if I try to back out and have to time to actually open reqs, it says "retrieving data"... 

EDIT: I think the gods have answered me, when I posted this, the reqs came back.

Obviously.

You think the majority of COD players would enjoy tight, competitive MM? Thats hilarious.

Well..... dankOK then.

You need to tell @@Sal1ent they wasted their money on a skill match system, that halo 5 would be more popular if they just mixed and matched randomly and let the pub stomping begin in earnest.

You should work for 343, ya?

• Downvote (-1) 2

So it's confirmed that forge maps are considered part of the DLC instead of developer maps forge in this game is decent but it's no substiute for dev maps. :kappa:

I can see why. Forge is essentially a rapid map dev tool. And the quality is far closer to a dev map now than ever.

What I don't see is where all their efforts went if it was not to deliver a bunch of dev maps?

Why is social so much snipers???

I think it's just a mixture of snipers, shotty snipes and then normal slayer. Making that 2/3 of primarily sniper game play, though slayer and maybe a couple slayer variants could be in there to combat the lopside effect.

I just can't handle autos in 'Arena'.

You think 343 would ever feel sorry for us after 5 years of shit to make a playlist for the 11%?

when I think about auto's start. I also agree with you, but I would just like Team Arena to have no autos, and no radars.

B3diketIAAA52k_.jpg

when I think about auto's start.

B3diketIAAA52k_.jpg

Because its SMG starts. Bungie was pretty content with AR starts in H3, and that gun was barely an upgrade.

when I think about auto's start.

B3diketIAAA52k_.jpg

I look forward to a small update from 343 in late 2018 saying:

"Overgrowth! Okay, we admit it. We have no idea what we're doing."

• Upvote (+1) 9

I look forward to a small update from 343 in late 2018 saying:

"Overgrowth! Okay, we admit it. We have no idea what we're doing."

Any takers on if we ever hear about Orion again? They want us to forget, too bad it was a launch "map" and counted in the map total, which is pathetic. 

Any takers on if we ever hear about Orion again? They want us to forget, too bad it was a launch "map" and counted in the map total, which is pathetic. 

I've always thought some of the designs on looked kind of pretty, but I hadn't had much play time on the map itself. Why is it notoriously bad?

Well.....dank OK then.

You need to tell @@Sal1ent they wasted their money on a skill match system, that halo 5 would be more popular if they just mixed and matched randomly and let the pub stomping begin in earnest.

You should work for 343, ya?

Its not just random and its only in social.

Aka, the same system we had in h3.

There was nothing wrong with how h3 MM worked. Why are people like you supporting nonsensical changes?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've always thought some of the designs on looked kind of pretty, but I hadn't had much play time on the map itself. Why is it notoriously bad?

Its overgrowth level bad. Though I may actually give orion the nod on being the better of those two dumbster fires.

Its overgrowth level bad. Though I may actually give orion the nod on being the better of those two dumbster fires.

So they're kind of like Jellyfish maps? Suppose they're pretty to look at, just lack a lot of depth (or at least the way they are, some think Overgrowth can be fixed with weapons changes)

Oh Orion is not just marginally better, it is a lot better. At least that map made sense. It had balance issues in 4v4. In FFA it got a bad rap and was hardly the worst FFA map in the rotation. Pegasus and Plaza are much worse FFA maps than Orion.

Overgrowth is on another level of shit. This is swordbase or snowbound levels of shit.

Oh Orion is not just marginally better, it is a lot better. At least that map made sense. It had balance issues in 4v4. In FFA it got a bad rap and was hardly the worst FFA map in the rotation. Pegasus and Plaza are much worse FFA maps than Orion.

Overgrowth is on another level of shit. This is swordbase or snowbound levels of shit.

Sword Base.. A very wonky attempt at verticality by Reach devs, at least it was very pretty.