CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

UPDATE: Went to Gamestop, guy said he couldn't give me pre-order code since REQ packs = real money. I'll try the other Gamestop in town LOL

UPDATE 2: No dice.  :( If anyone is willing to donate a pre-order code I'd be more than happy. ;)

Nice to see confirmation it will happen at some point. There is a lot of cool weapons with different abilities that could add to the sandbox in both minigames and the competitive sense. 

Guys to be honest I am a little disappointed in our toxic community. Forge has been out for more than 24 hours and I have not seen ONE station 9 remake.

Pathetic. 

343 got rid of the "tunnel" Forge piece that was used to make 95% of the map, so now, making a map now requires a bit of creativity and inspiration.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nice I figured spots on the beyond spartan company would never clear up!  @@Moa must have banned like 30 people last night.  :kappa:

Could someone explain the Ultra Rare Rocket Launcher to me? Is there a video of it in action? It says it's a guided rocket and I can assume what that means but I wonder how it actually works. How can you guide this? Is it similar to a perfect dark fly by wire rocket? Or can you fire the rocket and continue to move normally? I ask this cause 343 could very well have been listening for new weapon feedback.

I'm sure either way is fine, but ever since the first footage of the Hyrda came out I expressed my disappointment in how the lock on worked. Seemed a bit too easy to me and I offered an alternative suggestion which would give you complete control of the hydra and allow you to bend them around corners. The game I cited was Nexuiz, a dead arena shooter. You can press the fire button and rapidly fire individual rockets, or you can press and hold the fire button and shoot a single rocket that you can guide in any direction via your right stick. It allowed you to continue to move and build your stack while guiding the rocket, but that's incredibly hard.

So anyway, I posted it a few times throughout the months before I made a video of how it worked in Nexuiz, and sent it to Josh Holmes in a PM here. We didn't talk feedback but he informed me that I accidentally made the video private and he wanted to watch it. So I fixed it, told him, and although I haven't heard back from him, it gathered like 20 right away after it was sent..

So I kinda hope I had some influence, but obviously this could have all been created before I provided my feedback. Only @@Sal1ent would be able to answer that but it kinda motivates me to think of other additions whether it was in Halo or another game. Thanks for adding in some sort of guided rocket as well as this other thing that supposedly allows players to Rocket Jump? Can't wait to try these out. 

Good stuff, do you by any chance know if the rockets were patched to function that way? IIRC when the game came out it was primary = fire and secondary = explode which was kinda OP.

I played with you yesterday, twas fun. Once with you, once against you.

haha I noticed, you did really well the second game!  GGs

related to this, do you know if Noctus is playable in WZ Assault?  I swear, I've played 20 games of WZ Assault since the new map dropped but have yet to play Noctus ...

343 got rid of the "tunnel" Forge piece that was used to make 95% of the map, so now, making a map now requires a bit of creativity and inspiration.

This is why my maps will suck even more than they did in previous games.  

I hope someone remakes ash in the new forge, such a fun track to drive on.

This is why my maps will suck even more than they did in previous games.  

Believe in yourself. It might be harder at first, but the end result will be far better and more satisfying.

Which ones have brown? I only know white patterns, based on skins, or colors based on the secondary.

Oh there's a color based on the secondary? That makes sense. Yeah I use cobalt/burnt sienna as my colors and certain armor sets have this brown detailing to them that looks terrible.

I'm on mobile but I'll show an example when I get the chance.

Couldn't agree more; I'm a slightly above average player (peaked at 35-40 in MLG H3) and I don't mind getting occasionally destroyed in social slayer as long as I also do really well in other games ... it's when you're getting crushed that you can try new strategies, use vehicles, etc.; I don't want close competitive games every single time, I just want to chillax

Social is still too sweaty at the moment in H5, it's a shame; they need to loosen it a bit

Exactly. I know this is a hard topic for a lot of competitive players to understand though.

For a lot of non competitive players even WINNING 50-49 games can be unenjoyable. Competitive players get thier "high" from facing and beating competition. Casuals don't. They get thier "high" from doing well. Its not that they enjoyimg getting blown out its that the peaks of good games can #sustain them through the rough games.With 100% competitive there are no peaks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do you honestly believe this?

Obviously.

You think the majority of COD players would enjoy tight, competitive MM? Thats hilarious.

Does anyone know if you don't touch any of the new controller settings if everything stays as it was before they were introduced. Just got on for the first time in a couple days and the aiming feels really weird.

Won't lie, lag when I try to stream pisses me off beyond any recognizable belief. [internal screaming]

Try playing on 1mb internet :<

Does anyone know if you don't touch any of the new controller settings if everything stays as it was before they were introduced. Just got on for the first time in a couple days and the aiming feels really weird.

They've said the default settings are exactly the same.

Yup.

Go to /r/halo and say that Halo is unbalanced and in less than 5 minutes your post is sitting at -50 while a bunch of random nobodies that have never even attended a LAN tournament proceed to tell you how much you must suck at the game and the only reason you're complaining is because you don't understand how to use different weapons besides the BR, etc...

Of course they think the game is balanced, it's confirmation bias. They WANT to believe the game is balanced because for the first time in more than a decade running around spraying people to death with an AR is actually a valid tactic whereas before they would have gone -20 every game.

I love how none of them will ever mention skill or the lack of skill required in using these spray and pray weapons.

Yup, a weapon that requires skill to use constantly losing against a weapon that takes none. That's balance =)

If I had a dollar for every time someone at waypoint told me to just 'git gud', while they had a K/D under 1.0, I'd have enough money to make my own Halo.

Xbox Live has got to be better than this. The amount of money they collect from Live subs and it still goes down constantly.  :rolleyes:

• Upvote (+1) 3