CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Its not about pubstomping. Pubstompimg implies always winning and always doing well.

Im talking about creating an enjoyable cadence of difficulty. That way people are still ending up with 50% w/ls and 1.something k/ds but can still have fun doing it. Looser skill MM creates situations where everyone gets a turn to have monster games. Even if its only one out of every 5 games it creates a carrot on the stick that motivates casual players to keep at it.

Going even or close to it every game will not keep casual players interested.

Couldn't agree more; I'm a slightly above average player (peaked at 35-40 in MLG H3) and I don't mind getting occasionally destroyed in social slayer as long as I also do really well in other games ... it's when you're getting crushed that you can try new strategies, use vehicles, etc.; I don't want close competitive games every single time, I just want to chillax

Social is still too sweaty at the moment in H5, it's a shame; they need to loosen it a bit

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So here's a hint for the REQ people in this thread:

- Go into Gamestop with only one person working.

- Say you pre-ordered the game there (I didn't) and tossed the receipt by accident.

- Be cool.

- Complain that your friend xxxMLG22xxSLAYERFANxxx has cool armor that he was bragging about from the gamestop pre-order.

- Say you don't have your original receipt, but see if they will give you a code.

- If attendant is cool, get free code for Locke Armor Promotional Pack.

Just did this today on a whim since I saw there were some emblems in that pack that I just wanted to make sure I didn't get in a gold pack. Fun Fact: If you have any of the stuff that actually comes in the Promotional Pack, you'll get 1500 RP for any of those items. Since the pack comes with 8 things, you can net 12,000 RP for free if they give you a code.

Grind on, fellow REQ enthusiasts. 

The game has been out for almost 2 months and you were able to do this today? LOL

I'll go to gamestop today and see if it works.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Multiple people have stated that after a decent amount of games they were unable to find matches. If the matching was as loose as it should be this would not be happening.

Perhaps, but there could be other factors at play there, especially considering that Live itself has been wonky the last few days. 

I like numbers.  I like to know "how the sausage is made" so to speak. Fingers and all.  I doubt 343 will explain to us how the calculation is actually done and how strict it is compared to ranked matchmaking though, so we may never know....

Perhaps, but there could be other factors at play there, especially considering that Live itself has been wonky the last few days.

I like numbers. I like to know "how the sausage is made" so to speak. Fingers and all. I doubt 343 will explain to us how the calculation is actually done and how strict it is compared to ranked matchmaking though, so we may never know....

Yup, confirmation from 343 is almost necessary unless we get a large enough study done. It's probably gonna be another thing we never know.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The game has been out for almost 2 months and you were able to do this today? LOL

I'll go to gamestop today and see if it works.

I know, the guy didn't even take a minute to find the code. I guess they just have a generator there for whatever codes they need and they just print out a receipt and give it to you. My receipt said "Backupcode, Halo 5 Bonus DLCs." 

That kind of tips me off that this is a regular thing that happens. 

So I decided to hop on and play since I had nothing else to do. I hop in holiday social playlist played 1 game and at the end it said "Disconnected from server" now I'm banned from MM? Okay.

Yeah, I've always assumed they're just timed exclusives. Hopefully we can get that needle carbine right away, though.

The fact we saw it on Truth means we probably will.

The fact we saw it on Truth means we probably will.

Nah that was obviously on a Warzone covenant map

This game needs more midship remakes and sun glare.

Why not just have a map that's a big sun? It's round and it's blinding. Win/Win

• Upvote (+1) 1

This game needs more midship remakes and sun glare.

Why don't we remake Onyx on Simplex... on Truth?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is the REQ system still screwed up? After almost every game I played last night I had the "Retrieving Data" error when trying to access the REQ system.

Edit: I forgot to mention, but if you get this you can load a custom game and end it right away and it should fix it until you play another game.

Guys to be honest I am a little disappointed in our toxic community. Forge has been out for more than 24 hours and I have not seen ONE station 9 remake.

Pathetic. 

Anchor 9?

Ok, you are trying to push your subjective opinion of what is fun onto a diverse playerbase of millions. That is obviously ridiculous.

Hoe often in COD(outside of ranked lists) do you feel like every player in the game is roughly the same skill wise? Not often. Why do you think games like COD set up thier MM the way they do? Because they can't figure out how to properly rank people? Because of population issues?

LOL. Obviously not.

COD devs(and every single other console FPS developer except for 343) understand that if you throw every player into constant, tight matches against equally skilled opponenets that the population and popularity of your game will plummet.

Ps yes I do enjoy losing 50-20 more than 50-49. You see this in sports as well. Its much easier to bounce back from being blown out than it is to bounce back from a heart breaking close loss.

Do you honestly believe this?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Looking to make an awesome construct inspired map with no sprint in mind. Just brainstorming 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Looking to make an awesome construct inspired map with no sprint in mind. Just brainstorming 

Look at Overgrowth, then do the exact opposite.

When you win all 10 placement matches and only get Platinum 5>>>>

Also fuck this game I can't find a good sensitivity. I can't tell what I need to change because this system just doesn't work for me. I really hope they just change the whole system.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd like to see if we could get a dedicated section of forging communities that focus on classic core maps and modes. I actually don't think 343i iteration of Halo necessarily bad, myself, but classic Halo should have it's place. With enough maps created for it, I'd say we could get enough traction for a playlist for it.

Couldn't agree more; I'm a slightly above average player (peaked at 35-40 in MLG H3) and I don't mind getting occasionally destroyed in social slayer as long as I also do really well in other games ... it's when you're getting crushed that you can try new strategies, use vehicles, etc.; I don't want close competitive games every single time, I just want to chillax

Social is still too sweaty at the moment in H5, it's a shame; they need to loosen it a bit

I played with you yesterday, twas fun. Once with you, once against you.

And xbox live is down again... Second day where I get home to play and it's dead. Time for a run I guess.

Also... Why do cool armor sets have brown on them? I would understand a grey or black color, but BROWN?

Spartan Shitstain reporting for duty.

And xbox live is down again... Second day where I get home to play and it's dead. Time for a run I guess.

Also... Why do cool armor sets have brown on them? I would understand a grey or black color, but BROWN?

Spartan Shitstain reporting for duty.

Which ones have brown? I only know white patterns, based on skins, or colors based on the secondary.