CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

What's the trick guys? Me and my friends are losing everygame. We had several thousand exp in Halo 3 50 doubles.

Is it because we aren't used to the play-style, because it's so fast paced and we haven't kept up with the newer games? Is it really that noob friendly game? I don't get it bro ..

Hi, this is what I do but I don't think I'm top tier at doubles. I have however, went against Very Nerdy, Victory X and a few other players I would say are good and most of those were close (besides Vic X) and hit champion twice in doubles if that matters

Anyways, this is really map dependent. Best advice I can give is 2s is very snowbally, if you have snipe or Rockets you can solidify a pretty strong lead. Power weapons are very important

When it comes to fighting enemies, you make Sure your partner has a LoS on you. He doesn't have to be next to you but you do not force a 1v1, you make sure your teammate can help you out. If you can't get a LoS on your teammate and he has a call out, throw nades in that area.

Grab Plasma Pistol, Storm Rifle, etc all the time and use it when needed. OS is very, very important. If you lose OS you make sure you try pinging his OS off but don't do something dumb like running straight at him and meleeing expecting you to die but you burn his OS. Losing by 1-2 is a bit of a larger gap than how it is in 4s.

To handle OS guy, try your best pinging him do NOT get close to him you will die almost every time. Know where he is going and get reads to throw nades at him, ping rifle shots at him, etc. play smart, don't get antsy. Do the long range zoning game, don't get close to him. If he's sprinting at you, you bounce. Play the matches deliberately slow, slow take overs of power positions is better than constant pushes where you die alone. Make sure communication is solid because you can't do much on your own in 2s, hand hold.

Edit: if you ask me, long range zoning game with spacing is the best way to play doubles. Use your PWs to mentally scare your opponents and keep that lead as big as possible. Any lead you have means they have to come to you, stick to your positions if you're in good areas to help each other. 2s requires a lot of small talk as well, call outs are not as important since youll know for the most part.

All I can think of currently, sorry :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have unsubscribed from r/halo. Nobody cares to highlight their concerns about the game because all anyone wants to talk about is their fucking req packs, weapon skins, and assassination animations and how warzone 'is everything they've wanted out of a halo game'. It's a developers wet dream without constructive criticism or heat for the games major shortcomings, of course they'll post there.

It's almost perfect in a way. Make the main audience play the main game mode that is so stretched from what its derived from it's basically something else entirely. Nobody complains about mechanics, it's skins skins skins!

At least the HCS pool is like $2m or something

Any time I address an issue with the game I'm told that I suck.

I'll bet 90% of /r/halo is filled with kids ranked Bronze/Silver/Gold

• Upvote (+1) 1

Any time I address an issue with the game I'm told that I suck.

I'll bet 90% of /r/halo is filled with kids ranked Bronze/Silver/Gold

Any /r/halo player that added me is onyx so eh not too sure on that

• Downvote (-1) 1

What's the trick guys? Me and my friends are losing everygame. We had several thousand exp in Halo 3 50 doubles.

Is it because we aren't used to the play-style, because it's so fast paced and we haven't kept up with the newer games? Is it really that noob friendly game? I don't get it bro ..

This game also has terribad spawns. There is no predicting them. I am thinking they will spawn furthest away from me, but instead they spawn 5 meter away from me, behind me.

It's completely unnecessary in my opinion. I would love to see the confirmed reasoning behind 8 seconds spawns, because I kid you not, from my perspective it seems like they just picked a number. Just change for the sake of change.

I agree completely, very frustrating that they made this change without any explanation. Changes to things that have been working for over a decade shouldn't come without reasoning to support them.

Another theory, they made the change to make room for the now cut Killcam feature, and they just never flipped the switch back to 5 sec. Wouldn't surprise me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Looks like they added a bunch of new custom options in the patch. Don't think they were covered in the patch notes.

JoMUKue.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 5

Looks like they added a bunch of new custom options in the patch. Don't think they were covered in the patch notes.

What were some of the others? I noticed these two yesterday. 

I agree completely, very frustrating that they made this change without any explanation. Changes to things that have been working for over a decade shouldn't come without reasoning to support them.

Another theory, they made the change to make room for the now cut Killcam feature, and they just never flipped the switch back to 5 sec. Wouldn't surprise me.

I would assume they did it to counteract sprint.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What were some of the others? I noticed these two yesterday. 

Round/life limits for CTF, Slayer, and Strongholds.

Infinite Ammo/Bottomless Clip

Toggle for the map intro.

"None" option for the secondary weapon.

Nothing that can be used for competitive play, but still a nice gesture.

Hidden settings menu or a UI bug.

Moa, you are sneaky observant. You see and show so many things before anyone else. Those glasses do help eh?

I would assume they did it to counteract sprint.

Could be. Pretty roundabout way of doing it, and it's obviously not a popular change.

I'd prefer they push the respawn time as low as possible without breaking the gametype.

Moa, you are sneaky observant. You see and show so many things before anyone else. Those glasses do help eh?

Someone else pointed it out to me :P

What happens when you press LB?

Just goes back to Controller and Audio/Video.

Stick and a melee, only breaks shields...That's annoying.

More than that lol. I had just grabbed OS but my cousin no scoped me on accident I got beatdown and stuck and I still killed the guy without dying although I was one shot.