CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Anyone notice they added a little yellow dot to whoever has the most kills/assist, least deaths during the ingame scoreboard

I also just played 1 game on 5 for science and if you were in that game with me. My fault. LOL

Doesn't for science mean something dirty?

Anyone notice they added a little yellow dot to whoever has the most kills/assist, least deaths during the ingame scoreboard

Yellow for caution, this guy is grapeing all things.

Yeah, there are a lot of people that will complain just to complain.

If they miss shots, the game SUCKS.

If they get kills, the game is too easy and is made for filthy casuals.

now that aim acceleration can't be used, I'm curious to find out what's next

I'm telling you, lack of aim assist... People can't handle it. If they suck when they used to be good they'll just say the game sucks. It's much easier on the ego :p

now that aim acceleration can't be used, I'm curious to find out what's next

I'm telling you, lack of aim assist... People can't handle it. If they suck when they used to be good they'll just say the game sucks. It's much easier on the ego :P

The problem has always been bigger than just aim accel! Why is that so hard to understand? 

Lack of aim assist has ZERO to do with it. Always has. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

just played two games on Overgrowth ... worst map in the game, wtf.  a bunch of tiny corridors, zero fun

• Upvote (+1) 1

The problem has always been bigger than just aim accel! Why is that so hard to understand?

Sure, I'm just using one of the bigger known issues with the aiming.

Yeah, there are a lot of people that will complain just to complain.

If they miss shots, the game SUCKS.

If they get kills, the game is too easy and is made for filthy casuals.

There's a difference between making shooting noobie and making it satisfying. I honestly think some people get the two confused, but to be fair, the line can be pretty thin.

I'm wondering what's going to be the bigger difference maker in terms of aiming though, aim acceleration or deadzone?

just played two games on Overgrowth ... worst map in the game, wtf.  a bunch of tiny corridors, zero fun

We knew that since we first saw it.

Sure, I'm just using one of the bigger known issues with the aiming.

The biggest issue is how they handle sensitivities separately for aiming and looking. Making it impossible to get a good muscle memory going. 

Setting the look acceleration at 1 makes it feel better but it's still shitty aiming

• Upvote (+1) 1

The biggest issue is how they handle sensitivities separately for aiming and looking. Making it impossible to get a good muscle memory going.

I struggled the first week. My kda was trashed. After a week or two I was placing champion/onyx, and it felt great. It still feels really good. I like it a lot. Challenging, skillful, and punishing.

I never understood the aiming complaints after I got used to them. I feel a lot of people might just give up before they get used to it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think we should have a 1v1 tournament.

10 sens, 5 accel only.

Last one to puke wins.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I struggled the first week. My kda was trashed. After a week or two I was placing champion/onyx, and it felt great. It still feels really good. I like it a lot. Challenging, skillful, and punishing.

I never understood the aiming complaints after I got used to them. I feel a lot of people might just give up before they get used to it.

People got used to the Halo 3 aiming as well, doesn't mean it isn't shit and couldn't be way better. 

Don't act like the people who complain about the aiming are all bad and can't do well with it. I get plenty of perfect kills every game. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If they added a half-second delay between when you pulled the trigger and when you actually fired the gun, would you say, "just get used to it"?

It's uncomfortable, it's not intuitive, and it doesn't need to be there at all. We shouldn't have to get used to it.

• Upvote (+1) 9

People got used to the Halo 3 aiming as well, doesn't mean it isn't shit and couldn't be way better.

Don't act like the people who complain about the aiming are all bad and can't do well with it. I get plenty of perfect kills every game.

well after a while the aiming feels good to me. I enjoy it a lot. Idk what to tell ya. I'm sure a lot of others feel the same.

If they added a half-second delay between when you pulled the trigger and when you actually fired the gun, would you say, "just get used to it"?

It's uncomfortable, it's not intuitive, and it doesn't need to be there at all. We shouldn't have to get used to it.

The R8 takes skill dude, you must just be really bad and can't adapt. The AK has RNG now but you could just learn to adapt to it!  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Of course not, that's ridiculous and not the same at all. If I got punched in the dick every time I fired my gun in halo 5 would I get used to it? Same thing: fuck no.

I like having a challenging skill gap with the aiming. It's clearly there as you saw last night in the tourney. Some people like it some don't. I like it and feel really comfortable with it after a week. In fact, I remember saying the same thing in the beta. It wasn't just "getting used to it", it was that it felt really good after a while and I didn't want to go back.

well after a while the aiming feels good to me. I enjoy it a lot. Idk what to tell ya. I'm sure a lot of others feel the same.

After awhile 30fps feels fine, guess what, it still sucks. 

After awhile vsync input lag feels fine, still sucks. 

I could go on. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1