CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

:wutface:

Somewhat rude but the guy has a point. I think we needed those game modes more than we needed forge. Not that we should have to choose

• Upvote (+1) 1

Patch notes!

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/updates/Cartographers-Gift

New Features and Content:

• Forge is now available!
  • Added a basic implementation of File Browser. Players can now bookmark and share custom maps and modes through Active Roster, by following (or become friends with) a player.
  • Over 30 new REQs including weapons, armor, emblems, and more have been added.
  • Battle of Noctus map added to Warzone.
  • Overgrowth map added to Arena.
  • Entombed and Antifreeze maps added to Big Team Battle.
  • Commendations and Service Record for Spartan Companies have been added, and can be tracked on Halo Channel and HaloWaypoint.com.
  • Social playlists have been added (Big Team Battle and Holiday Social).
  • Holiday Doubles playlist added (ranked).
  • Advanced controller setting options have been added, including constrols for aim acceleration as well as deadzone controls. These settings are automatically set to the previous defaults you've been playing on. Full details here.
  • Seasons for ranked playlists have been added; The January 2016 Season begins today.
  • Enabled the ability to purchase multiple gold REQ Packs in one single purchase, several of which include free bonus packs. (These will be coming online within the next few days).

Multiplayer:

• FFA playlist reduced to 6 players from 8 players.
  • Replaced Scorpion on Recurve with Gauss Warthog.
  • Removed Mantis from Guillotine and added a Warthog for each team.
  • Fixed spawning bug that sometimes spawned a player on Red team in the Blue base on Deadlock at the start of a match.
  • Fixed an issue where players could escape Gambol’s normal play boundaries.
  • Added interactive switches to Deadlock to control window shutters and doors for each base.
  • Fixed a bug in Breakout that awarded kills after the flag has been captured.
  • Add Flag Grabs statistic to the post-game carnage report.
  • Fixed a Free-For-All bug where kills were shown in scoreboard rather than score.
  • Added medal for melee’s performed to an enemy’s back.
  • Added in-game text for Flag Driver medal.

Campaign:

• Improved stability when joining a Fireteam’s Campaign mission in progress.
  • Joining a Fireteam’s Campaign mission in progress will no long force all Fireteam members back to the character select screen.
  • Fixed a bug on Guardians that hindered a player’s movement if they’ve died and were unable to complete the mission.

Ranking:

• Adjusted CSR placements for SWAT and FFA playlists.
  • Fixed bugs surrounding players being placed too high across all playlists.

User Interface:

Lobby:

• Amount of REQ Points and number of unopened REQ packs will be visible during intermission and in Lobby.
  • Fixed bug around Fireteam sorting - The Fireteam Leader will now be displayed at the top followed by his or her team in alphabetical order by Gamertag. For Custom Games, all other teams will be grouped together and then sorted alphabetically as well.

Active Roster:

• Friend Status will now be visible from the Friends list so you can see what your friends are doing in Halo 5: Guardians.
  • Fixed bug around Friend sorting so it sorts online and offline friends alphabetically.

Spartan Hub / REQs:

• REQ Rarity and Description will be visible for all REQs when opening a REQ pack or browsing your Collection whether you own it or not.
  • REQ Energy Cost will also be displayed for all REQs when opening a REQ pack or browsing your REQ Collection.

Spectate / Theater:

• Added hidden controls to change player POV for up to 8 players in the match. Holding left trigger will enable the use of the d-pad and ABXY face buttons to change player POV on the fly. Players are mapped to buttons alphabetically.
  • Added ability to change player POV from the Scoreboard. Press the View button to bring up the Scoreboard; use d-pad to navigate and A-button to select a POV.
  • Fixed bug aroundPlayer POV Selector sorting. It will now sort by team, and then alphabetically by Gamertag.
  • Fixed bug around controls for Zooming while in Free Cam.
  • Fixed bug around not being able to hide the Player POV Selector in some cases when toggling UI visibility.
  • Fixed a bug where ending a theater film placed players into a solo campaign lobby
  • Added ability to play and pause film while UI is hidden using the A button.

HUD:

• The location callout will now appear when dead, spectating, in Smart-Link, etc.
  • The Highest Score per Column in the in-game Scoreboard will have a visual callout allowing you to see very quickly which player has the most kills, most assists, and least deaths.

Controls:

• Added advanced controller options. Full details here.

Networking:

• Improved ping times to dedicated servers in matchmaking.
  • Improved gameplay quality under network conditions with high packet loss.
  • Upvote (+1) 8

How is 2?

Feels better. I havent played an actual match yet but im liking 1. Had acceleration set to 1 and the deadzones at 0% and it kinda felt like h1 aiming. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Looks like we started a bit of a warzone cult up..

I'll be hosting round 3 around the same time tonight.

I'd be down to play probably if that's okay. I think I joined you guys last night but you were in-game so I'm pretty sure I just turned off my xbox and watched/waited for the TB tournament

>Be me

>Have 1mb internet download speed

>Load up Halo 5, 3.8gb update

>"Welp, guess no Halo 5 for me tonight"

>Loads up Battlefield 4

>THREE POINT EIGHT GIG UPDATE

>Kill me

• Upvote (+1) 1

>Be me

>Have 1mb internet download speed

>Load up Halo 5, 3.8gb update

>"Welp, guess no Halo 5 for me tonight"

>Loads up Battlefield 4

>THREE POINT EIGHT GIG UPDATE

>Kill me

FTFY

• Upvote (+1) 2

EST?

Yes

EST yes, but it'll be like 6:30/7:00 tonight. Just to clarify I meant round 3 as in this is the third night in a row, not around 3 I'll be playing.

Feels better. I havent played an actual match yet but im liking 1. Had acceleration set to 1 and the deadzones at 0% and it kinda felt like h1 aiming. 

Ok cool so the lower the number, the shorter amount of time it takes the aim acceleration to reach it's maximum sensitivity? Thanks

I'd be down to play probably if that's okay. I think I joined you guys last night but you were in-game so I'm pretty sure I just turned off my xbox and watched/waited for the TB tournament

Yeah definitely man. I think the only problem is these things tend to fill up quickly.

EST yes, but it'll be like 6:30/7:00 tonight. Just to clarify I meant round 3 as in this is the third night in a row, not around 3 I'll be playing.

sent you a FR earlier, shoot me an invite if you have room. 

Please people test out the new controls and let us know if the aiming feels better! I would but I'm at work. :(

So there's a Wraith, a couple of Warthogs, and at least one gungoose on Entombed. And you can use them in Team Snipers. Whyyyyyyyyyyyy

• Upvote (+1) 1

So there's a Wraith on Entombed. And you can use it in Team Snipers. Whyyyyyyyyyyyy

LOL reminds me of the banshee on ascension when it was team rifles. 

Bit sad that there's nothing on if FFA gives a win for placing in top 50% now, but oh well, the rest looks very good at least.

Except I ran into a bug in Forge. I'd have to try and replicate it to be sure, but I believe what caused it is the fact that I was holding an object and editing its traits, and while doing so, a friend spawned a structure big enough to push me away from it and block my grab range on the object while I still had the "object properties" UI up. It glitched the UI and the game just crashed.

If anyone feels like testing it, go ahead. The object in question was a mancannon with super range on it (could also have been that, but I doubt it).

holy shit dude

Can someone quickly explain the deadzones in the new settings?

it's the movement that your thumb makes to the joystick before any actual movement is registered in-game

Judgementdeadzone_zpsbda6935b.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

Heres a small clip i made showing 1 and 5

xboxdvr.com/imSabbath/a8ff0b81-03d3-432b-aece-2255d01ac53f

Thanks, I added you for later. I watched this a few times and I guess I'd have to feel it out for myself. I don't know why but it looks like 1 slows down the acceleration, and makes smaller adjustments look much more fluid I guess. 5 looks like it'd take less time to reach full sens, but looks a bit shakey for lack of a better term. I'll have to fool around and get a feel for it. I know a lot of people say Aim Acceleration is an absolute must have on console shooters, but Quake Arena didn't have it and it didn't feel "shakey" at all.

Read what they wrote again and it leads me to believe that 1 = the slowest form of acceleration and 5 = the fastest. It's so interesting to me.. I feel like everyone disliked the feeling of the aiming and said it felt clunky and unresponsive. Something I would assume was too much aim acceleration.. I'm so confused lol

At work at the moment as well. I played 4 sensitivity in every game on MCC except Halo 3 in which I played a 3.

If someone who plays a similar sensitivity would be nice enough to play around with settings and see what feels good for them would be awesome.