CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Reqs imo are a lot better than paid DLC. 

Agree.

But we should get real DLCs at least and not just forge maps and stuff they cut out of the final game to give it later.

Pretty sure all the stuff that we got so far and will get this week was done already and could have been in the game at release. (except forge I guess)

Agree.

But we should get real DLCs at least and not just forge maps and stuff they cut out of the final game to give it later.

Pretty sure all the stuff that we got so far and will get this week was done already and could have been in the game at release. (except forge I guess)

Forge, Overgrowth, Battle of Noctus. I doubt they were "done" already, but I do agree in hoping we get more new maps soon. Some Forge maps are nice, but don't make them the bulk of "free DLC".

Forge, Overgrowth, Battle of Noctus. I doubt they were "done" already, but I do agree in hoping we get more new maps soon. Some Forge maps are nice, but don't make them the bulk of "free DLC".

Some version of Forge was ready at the time of the Beta though I could believe that they still had to work on it but BoN was shown at gamecom in august, the only thing we don't know about is Overgrowth

Picking up someone's Blaze of Glory be like:

Px20IqU.gif

Man, this Shotgun's powerful.

I stand by my statement that it is Top 3 Warzone Weapons. REQ Level 4? Hell yeah 

I think I've matched at least 5 people from here in Warzone Assault in the past week.

Also @@Teapot are you Teapot yo? If so get wrecked n00b.

Not sure when I played you but yeah thats me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Forge looked way ahead of it's time. I can't wait to make some old school custom games maps.

That's because they didn't have that luxury yet. 

You can bet your ass if H2 had full party chat features, you wouldn't have heard a peep out of people in matchmaking just like today. 

Disagree.

Jump into a public CS server and there's plenty of guys having fun and talking over voice chat. The people without microphones join in through text chat.

There's more interaction in a fucking 1v1 Starcraft match than there is in a 4v4 Halo match when searching solo now.

That is beyond pathetic.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Forge is not DLC. It is a must have feature that was just delayed. I am ok with that since it looks like a big improvement this time. But its not real DLC.

You doubt that the maps were done already? I am pretty sure they were done. We saw BoN gameplay a long time before the game released. And even if not, I dont really see it as DLC when the map was besically almost done.

Just look how almost every game handles DLC this days. Destiny, Battlefield/front, CoD. Back in the days, DLC was a few maps, weapons or armor/skins that came out months after release as an unneeded but nice addition for the game. Now its just content that was cut out to make people pay again or keep them interested.

At least that is how I see it as a negative nancy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just look how almost every game handles DLC this days. Destiny, Battlefield/front, CoD. Back in the days, DLC was a few maps, weapons or armor/skins that came out months after release as an unneeded but nice addition for the game. Now its just content that was cut out to make people pay again or keep them interested.

To be absolutely honest and fair, as much as I dislike CoD in general, it doesn't follow this practice in the least, even now. Same for Battlefield. Each add on for that game is VERY large and is undeniably worth it with multiple maps, or maps and weapons, in the case of Battlefield. Destiny and Battlefront went down an intentionally bad path, where the dev not only withholds content, but forces the player to pay for it, despite it either being on the disk, or being something that should've been in at launch, but the former two are fine, as they are. Of course, paid DLC's a thing of its own, but the content you get FOR paying with the other two, is quality and wasn't yanked out of the base game like the latter two.

• Upvote (+1) 3

When I think about it, the first map pack we received (with the btb maps) was alright, but I'm pretty sure we will get better maps after 2 weeks of the update being out. I mean yeah it's lame we are getting forge DLC maps, but we will have to see. If the next map update has just forge maps, I'd be disappointed at that point. Though the best things that will come out of the next weeks update is probably the forge maps we will see, and potential sensitivity layouts + aim acceleration layouts that will make it feel like an older Halo. That's personal opinion though. 

Seen people looking a bit for warzone players so If anyone is looking for extra hand for warzone or arena for that matter (little bit suckie in arena) you are always welcome to invite/follow me.

I really hope they have a double req point weekend at some point  because I just calculated that I need 860k req points too finish off my uncommon-rare collection and that's assuming I get zero certifications along the way which is fucking insane. :kappa:  

• Upvote (+1) 1

IcePrincess makes a good point.  Of all the woes Battlefield had, gouging people for DLC was not one of them.  The vanilla version of BF4 is a complete game with plenty of content, and each DLC is a worthy add on.  I have no complaints with the way Premium was handled in BF3 or BF4.  Destiny, on the other hand, stands in stark contrast.  That is a prime example of a dev cutting content to sell as DLC.

If you have Destiny and you paid full price for all of the DLC, you are part of the problem.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So who's te genius that thought people wanted to hop into wraith/tank turrets instead of hijack/destroy the vehicle? Seriously what in the world was the thought behind this? And why is the boarding radius behind a tank so small? I swear I sprint and thrust when I'm right behind one and I just can't catch up. Then they back up a centimeter and I get splattered because vehicle physics are awful.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I really hope they have a double req point weekend at some point  because I just calculated that I need 860k req points too finish off my uncommon-rare collection and that's assuming I get zero certifications along the way which is fucking insane. :kappa:  

How are people aren't done with the req system/almost done?! 

Not point any fingers at anyone *cough* Ice *cough* but it seems really hard to finish lol. 

Just wanted to stat that I highly enjoyed Arena Breakout. I absolutely hate the regular variant (like really) so I was not happy when I heard that the weekend playlist will be Breakout. But it was great fun.

+ The regular settings makes it easy to switch from Breakout to Regular.

+ It feels more fast paced.

+ No more annoying animation at the beginning of each round. We hop straight into action. That annoys me in regular Breakout.

+ The normal Arena maps allow movement at least. On the regular Breakout maps I feel like getting punished for moving.

+ The normal shield is back so I see how weak people are. Thats a problem for me in regular Breakout.

+ The normal maps look better and more clean. Dont like the tron look of regular Breakout.

I think the Gametype can be improved with:

- Switching sides after each round.

- A "one bomb" like gametype on asym maps added.

- Some powerups/weapons replacements.

- No radar.

- A 4 shot pistol across the whole game.

If they improve it further I can see myself enjoying it a lot. Cant say that about Regular Breakout. But will they scrap Regular Breakout?

To be absolutely honest and fair, as much as I dislike CoD in general, it doesn't follow this practice in the least, even now. Same for Battlefield. Each add on for that game is VERY large and is undeniably worth it with multiple maps, or maps and weapons, in the case of Battlefield. Destiny and Battlefront went down an intentionally bad path, where the dev not only withholds content, but forces the player to pay for it, despite it either being on the disk, or being something that should've been in at launch, but the former two are fine, as they are. Of course, paid DLC's a thing of its own, but the content you get FOR paying with the other two, is quality and wasn't yanked out of the base game like the latter two.

Very true actually. Battlefield games always had great DLC and was always worth my money. It just bothers me hearing about DLC for a game before its release, but that is normal nowadays I guess.

(I also want to apologize to you for acting like a douche a few days ago. Even tho I dont regret what I was saying, I regret the way I did it. Could have handled it way better. The last thing I wanted was to discourage anyone from posting here)

• Upvote (+1) 8

Took me well over a week but I FINALLY got around to making this video:

I'm posting here instead of the dedicated thread I have for this because it's a big issue that has been plaguing high level players. I hope staff can understand. The point is to get this video out there, not because it benefits me, but because we want the game to work as intended.

And I know commentary isn't my forte and I accept that, but I couldn't just sit around and wait forever for someone else to make this video. I think it's still possible to make sense of what I say though, so it should be OK.

Now we just need to somehow reach 343 with this.

EDIT: also made a Reddit post

You're so cute

• Upvote (+1) 1

Our local hero @@Cursed Lemon popped in for a few minutes to drop some knowledge bombs on my design web series. If anyone here is interested in learning how to design a map before forge drops feel free to check it out :)

AHHHH HOLY SHIT BABY IM EXCITED JUST BY LOOKING AT THE THUMBNAIL

• Upvote (+1) 1

Our local hero @@Cursed Lemon popped in for a few minutes to drop some knowledge bombs on my design web series. If anyone here is interested in learning how to design a map before forge drops feel free to check it out :)

That Lockout 2.0>>>>
  • Upvote (+1) 3