CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Watching The Sprint episode 1 made me worry a bit honestly.  Hopefully we just got the non boring "highlights" of the conversations Quinn was having and that discussions on map flow and spawns were actually had off camera.  

Do you have to preorder Halo 5 to get the poster from Gamestop? I dont want the game I just want the poster. 

You can have a fast paced game without sprint buds

We know.

H5 has solid base speed from what has been shown though.

why are there so little votes on the h5 poll. we have like 5k forum members or something right?

I'm sorry but no matter how much 343 paints this as a competitive arena shooter and all that, it's going to be a codified mess that doesn't know what it is and will alienate everyone. Just like Reach and H4. There is no reason to be excited for this game if all you care about is balanced, high level competitive gameplay. You all better pray everyone finally stops giving a shit about Call of Duty or the game will bleed players just like last time.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So how fast do you think it would take to become a preview member if someone invites me? I am curious to play the H5 beta 

I'm sorry but no matter how much 343 paints this as a competitive arena shooter and all that, it's going to be a codified mess that doesn't know what it is and will alienate everyone. Just like Reach and H4. There is no reason to be excited for this game if all you care about is balanced, high level competitive gameplay. You all better pray everyone finally stops giving a shit about Call of Duty or the game will bleed players just like last time.

Doubt it, not with a Ranking System like that. Was probably the main reason people stopped playing. No incentive.

So how fast do you think it would take to become a preview member if someone invites me? I am curious to play the H5 beta 

Absolutely no way you would be accepted in time. 

Just curious, what makes you think Halo 5 isn't balanced? Everyone has the same abilities so there's that. And after seeing how @@Deez balanced Halo 4 with the turbo update(game still sucked, but the weapons were extremely balanced), I have plenty faith that Halo 5 will be a balanced game.

Does anyone else kinda see it as a slap in the face calling it "The Sprint"? Like "hey guys, we know this is what is pissing everyone off about this game, but we are just going to go ahead and call our cute little miniseries it just to further rub in your face that we don't give a shit about you."

Have you guys seen the last episodes of South Park ? It's all about Twitch streamers, Youtubers etc nowadays. All we can do is take a bath and cry, gaming will never be the same.

Also, I'm absolutely not finding any cooperative players when I play on MM by myself, back when I was playing Halo 2 & 3 online, people would get on a thog and wait for you to go grab the flag, they would rush it to touch it before it disappear. Today, all I see is people trying to get tons of kills, who don't speak, who doesn't even look at the objectives. Playing with my friends is easy when we find random people, playing with random is a pain in the ass. I truly miss the H3 stats system which showed total xp and social/ranked games counter. Also, they could have had settings like "players who talk / good connection / ..." for matchmaking, could have been great.

As we already had sneak peek of what the Halo 5 stats will look like, I can only think that this will be worst, I just hope that the new league system will force people to cooperate in order to get points and progress in upper league.

Also, as a webdesigner, I learned everyday in school that we have to place the user in the center of the website/app, that he must know eveything he can do on the website without having to search for it, that every functionnality should be accessible and to reward him for any action he has made that we want him to make. I think that this apply on the web because a website should be useful and you don't have time to loose when you want to use web services, but what I see is that the video game industry is taking these User Experience principles and apply them in their games.

This results in a lot of congratulations for basic action (medals, voice and now spartan talks), indicators everywhere (hitmarkers, grenade indicator, weapon timers, ...) etc etc. but like "old" players say, you should be rewarded for actions that worth it, killing an opponent while he is reloading his weapon and get a medal for this simply doesn't make sense.

In the other hand, we have a lot of new players, that I think we don't want to hear because we think they do not know how Halo is meant to be played (and we're right), but these people represent an extremely important part of the clients, they bring money to the company so the company will try to satisfy them. There is nothing to do except adapt or cry as AAA titles will always be developped to be played by everyone, mostly the younger ones, because they are the ones that will buy next games and play it the most as we old Halo players grow up, get a job, get a wife etc etc.

TLDR : Nowadays games are developped to be easily accessible resulting in tons of rewards (medals, ...), game breaking indicators, and AAA titles won't change as they are made for the younger generation of players which will play the most and buy next games.

(ps : sorry if I made some mistakes, english is not my native language)

• Upvote (+1) 4

Does anyone else kinda see it as a slap in the face calling it "The Sprint"? Like "hey guys, we know this is what is pissing everyone off about this game, but we are just going to go ahead and call our cute little miniseries it just to further rub in your face that we don't give a shit about you."

No.

Today, all I see is people trying to get tons of kills, who don't speak, who doesn't even look at the objectives. 

Uh, hate to break it to you but this happened back when the original Halo 2 was online. The only thing that is slightly different is that not as many people talk because they are all in party chats. 

Also, I'm absolutely not finding any cooperative players when I play on MM by myself, back when I was playing Halo 2 & 3 online, people would get on a thog and wait for you to go grab the flag, they would rush it to touch it before it disappear. Today, all I see is people trying to get tons of kills, who don't speak, who doesn't even look at the objectives. Playing with my friends is easy when we find random people, playing with random is a pain in the ass.

I understand your pain.. One of the reasons why I'm not having much fun online is because no one likes to communicate. People want to do they're own thing and only worry about kills even though it's KOTH. I don't think a lot of the people playing realize that Halo is a game where you really need to talk to your team. Hopefully it changes down the road though.

Uh, hate to break it to you but this happened back when the original Halo 2 was online. The only thing that is slightly different is that not as many people talk because they are all in party chats. 

I'm absolutely not saying that this did not happen in H2 and H3, but as there was moslty custom games in H2 and social MM in H3, when you launched ranked playlists you would play with people who want to level up, and so who play in order to make the team win. I totally agree with you that party chats killed ingame voice chat. I could see something like in CoD MW2 where you could not launch some playlists when you were in a party chat to solve this issue.

Not sure if I should sleep with hopes that I will have my code by the time that I wake up, or stay up and possibly grind the MCC for a bit until I get my code.

Thread is live.

Cryen you have to post links to the Anti Sprint threads(Made by out community on WayPoint so that we can make sure they stay at the top. This way we can make sure 343i sees that even their own forums hate sprint and its always front paged.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2