CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I think it's more the hitboxes on Mongoose/Gungoose drivers being terrible.

Yeah that could be it. Fucking irritating when he's driving in circles trying to hit youp and you unload a full br clip into him just to have him drive off.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Even worse, writing CoD off because it's similar to Halo.

Huh?

How is that worse?

Halo and CS are almost opposite ends of the shooter spectrum, if you're looking for a CS replacement of course you're not going to go to Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wasn't so balanced when all Spartans were able to snipe Elites in phase 1 with the DMRs. Killing frenzies were everywhere when you could just pick them off

Off topic, but I always get really nostalgic when I see your profile picture. Battle Creek was a beautiful map despite the graphics of H:CE. I'm willing to sacrifice seeing it ever again in H5's DLC in exchange for 343's art team not laying a single finger on it. God, even the ambient noise on that map was amazing.

Wasn't so balanced when all Spartans were able to snipe Elites in phase 1 with the DMRs. Killing frenzies were everywhere when you could just pick them off

didnt elites have Needle Rifles? I forgot. But yea I do recall now there being DMRs which got annoying

snip

Couldn't agree more, I had really hoped that Warzone would be a fun social experience (the only social experience in H5 thus far ...); I also hate how the maps are laid out, way too huge for one thing (12v12 and it's often hard to find players) and then all the buildings have 2-3 choke points so people spam weapons fire into the doorways ... sigh.

I still can't figure out how NO ONE at 343 thought it might be a good idea to ship the game with a functioning social playlist.  I consider myself an average Halo player who is somewhat into competitive play (I peaked at something like a 40 in H3 MLG), but ffs man, I'm getting really tired of a handful of sweaty competitive playlists.  I'd like to relax while playing Halo at some point ...

Huh?

How is that worse?

Halo and CS are almost opposite ends of the shooter spectrum, if you're looking for a CS replacement of course you're not going to go to Halo.

Yeah that makes sense as I re-read it.

The point still stands that Halo hasn't even managed to differentiate itself from competition. And in that case, why would new players pick up Halo, which consistently seems to be dropping out of the top-10, compared to CoD?

didnt elites have Needle Rifles? I forgot. But yea I do recall now there being DMRs which got annoying

there were usually only two needle rifles off spawn for the whole Elite team, IIRC (as pickups)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also who the hell is Lt Wasp?

Well known online warrior since H3.

Plays a shit ton like 8 hours everyday.

Looked up his status, he has 728 hours played on H5. It's been 48 days since H5 launch.

He averages 15 hours everyday... My god.

Off topic, but I always get really nostalgic when I see your profile picture. Battle Creek was a beautiful map despite the graphics of H:CE. I'm willing to sacrifice seeing it ever again in H5's DLC in exchange for 343's art team not laying a single finger on it. God, even the ambient noise on that map was amazing.

Its funny because I honestly hate Battle Creek in Halo 1 haha.

Then again, I only like Damnation, Prisoner, and Chill Out.

That sounds more like he's writing CoD off than writing Halo off.

Its more about the general sentiment behind the comment, not the actual meaning or intent of the claim. Casuals and non-attached gamers from afar are noticing a similarity between Halo and other console shooters that once wasn't really there. If casuals feel as if Halo has lost some of its uniqueness then there is less reason for them to return as they expect to get a comparable experience elsewhere (rightly or wrongly). Non-attached gamers will simply shrug the franchise off.

These gamers notice a direction that contributes to the singularity of FPS gaming, especially on console. That is why @@NavG123 mentioned that whether it is true or not is irrelevant, but the perception that is most concerning.

Its not like 343 is the only guilty party in contributing to this perception. Of course COD developers played their part as well due to focusing on "futuristic warfare."

• Upvote (+1) 2

Its more about the general sentiment behind the comment, not the actual meaning or intent of the claim. Casuals and non-attached gamers from afar are noticing a similarity between Halo and other console shooters that once wasn't really there. If casuals feel as if Halo has lost some of its uniqueness then there is less reason for them to return as they expect to get a comparable experience elsewhere (rightly or wrongly). Non-attached gamers will simply shrug the franchise off.

These gamers notice a direction that contributes to the singularity of FPS gaming, especially on console. That is why @@NavG123 mentioned that whether it is true or not is irrelevant, but the perception that is most concerning.

Its not like 343 is the only guilty party in contributing to this perception. Of course COD developers played their part as well due to focusing on "futuristic warfare."

In 2007 it was "Halo is so old fashioned man like those Arena shooters PC players play. And it's so unrealistic I hate Sci-Fi games. You can't even sprint"

Now it's more like "the story is garbage, did they run out of ideas? No split screen, they gotta be kidding me" or "wow, ANOTHER game where people dash and slide around? I hated COD:AW"

(yes this is what my non-Halo fan gamer friends say about Halo)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Been digging around and found an old post from @@Saucey which had poll results about spartan abilities from post-beta.

Hey guys!

As you know we ran a Halo 5 Beta Community Poll throughout the duration and a little after the Beta was over.  The poll has ended / been removed, and I wanted to share the full results with everyone. 

Total Members that voted: 854

Do you like Sprint? 

Yes: 143 Votes  (16.74%)
No:  711 Votes  (83.26%)

Do you like Descope?

Yes: 825 Votes (96.60%)
No: 29 Votes  (3.4%)

Do you like Flinch?

Yes: 36 Votes (4.22%)
No: 818 Votes (95.78%)

Do you like Clamber?

Yes: 479 Votes (56.09%)
No: 375 Votes (43.91%)

Do you like the Thruster Pack?

Yes: 591 Votes (69.20%)
No: 263 Votes (30.80%)

Do you like Stabilizers?

Yes: 169 Votes (19.79%)
No: 658 Votes (80.21%)

Do you like Smart Scope?

Yes: 257 Votes (30.09%)
No: 597 Votes (69.91%)

Do you like Ground Pound?

Yes: 289 Votes (33.84%)
No: 565 Votes (66.16%)

Do you like Shoulder Charge?

Yes: 168 Votes (19.67%)
No: 686 Votes (80.33%)

Do you like Sliding?

Yes: 298 Votes (34.89%)
No: 556 Votes (65.11%)

Do you like the Medals?

Yes: 373 Votes (43.68%)
No: 481 Votes (56.32%)

Do you like the Announcer?

Yes: 353 Votes (41.33%)
No: 501 Votes (58.67%)

Would be interesting to see the results now, post-launch.

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/8898-teambeyondnet-halo-5-community-poll-results/

• Upvote (+1) 4

Well known online warrior since H3.

Plays a shit ton like 8 hours everyday.

Looked up his status, he has 728 hours played on H5. It's been 48 days since H5 launch.

He averages 15 hours everyday... My god.

Haha what the fuck?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Uh, no. Wasp is a good player. If I remember correctly he was the first 50 in h3. I played a handful of games with him in reach(I don't know him but we had many mutual xbl friends) and he is very good. At that point he was right up in the mix with kids like syphon, veteoed, riot, etc imo for best default player in the game. Which is the equivalant of like semi pro event/mlg kids.

He's good, but I wouldn't go that far...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Already got those yesterday. :P Just didn't post 'em.

:(

Brah, my post was really deleted? ... 

You posted it in that one topic I linked from January.

:wutface: